Thoughts on Doctson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Thoughts on Doctson

Postby Stevens61310 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:20 am

As simple as the title states. Gentleman in my league is offering Doctson as part of a trade. I have conflicting thoughts about him and am truly divided on my thoughts about him.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Thoughts on Doctson

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am

Hes worth rostering and having...hes worth more than a throw in for a trade for sure. I have no idea what to expect but he seems to have a very clear path to targets.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 am

Depends on the price, I agree he's worth a roster spot
Last edited by IR1 on Fri May 11, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am Hes worth rostering and having...hes worth more than a throw in for a trade for sure. I have no idea what to expect but he seems to have a very clear path to targets.
Not quite sure about that. They signed Richardson to a lucrative deal, which makes me think they don't think all that much of him at this point. Crowder gets all the underneath work, and Doctson is a down the field guy, which Richardson is as well. When Reed is healthy, he'll get his too (which won't be very often, granted), plus Thompson out of the backfield as well. I think he's worth a late 2nd at this point, value wise.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri May 11, 2018 11:51 am

I'd argue that Doctson and Parker are similar prospects, with Parker slightly more opportunity based on current depth charts. If Parker = early 2nd, then I'd say Doctson = mid 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri May 11, 2018 12:00 pm

I think Doctson is a very good receiver, but I'm not sure he ever produces at a really high level. His floor is low because he's probably going to be a lower-catch guy.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 11, 2018 12:41 pm

My thought is he is a bit overrated because he was highly drafted in a pretty weak draft class
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri May 11, 2018 12:44 pm

If you rewind back 2 years ago, you'll see him being touted as the next AJ Green. I dare you to search posts from May 2016 & you'll see :)

And the forum members would tar & feather you if you dared to pick Michael Thomas before him.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am
The Red Rooster wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am Hes worth rostering and having...hes worth more than a throw in for a trade for sure. I have no idea what to expect but he seems to have a very clear path to targets.
Not quite sure about that. They signed Richardson to a lucrative deal, which makes me think they don't think all that much of him at this point. Crowder gets all the underneath work, and Doctson is a down the field guy, which Richardson is as well. When Reed is healthy, he'll get his too (which won't be very often, granted), plus Thompson out of the backfield as well. I think he's worth a late 2nd at this point, value wise.
I think we're forgetting the most important thing, Alex Smith replacing Kirk Cousins. The Redskins are going from a QB who loved to spread the ball around to one who is incapable. If "Crowder gets all the underneath work" then the others will be useless, because Alex Smith only throws underneath.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri May 11, 2018 8:28 pm

agree tsunami, the offense is certainly going to dictate any opinions on doctson.

in general, he turns 26 (I believe) during the season, we are hoping for the 3rd year breakout under a new qb with presumably a few other options on offense....I cant imagine that he carries a ton of value in leaguemates eyes.

he just doesn't profile to a guy that smith is going to utilize. I can see a scenario where doctson is targeted, but realistically he's going to be td dependant imo in the best case scenario right now.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 pm

Oddly enough, Smith was both one of the most prolific and the most effective deep ball throwers in the league last year. I can see him going deep quite often in Washington, especially if Guice can make the run game effective enough to open up the play-action long ball. I think either Doctson or Richardson could have a big year, but who the hell knows which one? I'd take Doctson as a high risk, potentially high-ceiling option, but I wouldn't want to have to count on anything from him.
Last edited by Factory of Sadness on Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 am

Even in SF with completely incompetent coaching, Michael Crabtree was also fantasy relevant with Alex Smith for a little while. Not a stud, but relevant. Yes Harbaugh galvanished the team but Greg Roman is just the drizzling shits. Vic Fangio and Scot Mccloughan deserves a ton of credit too. Enough of my 49ers rants lol.

Anyways, I think a change of scenery in the form of a new QB can't hurt Doctson. He was never able to develop chemistry with Kirk Cousins for whatever reason but a 3rd year breakout is entirely possible. He's shown flashes but then he'll have a hideous drop and they won't throw to him for the next 3 quarters after that. So the usage was frustrating too.

He might have to switch teams to realize his potential. It's funny, someone who owns him asked me what I thought and I jokingly said he might be the next generation Kenny Britt, where he'll tease and tease and tease and then have a randomass 1000 yard season in year 8 lol.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat May 12, 2018 2:22 am

for me he is a wr4 with upside for much more , I don't think the book is written on him just yet ,although I seriously doubt he ever reaches the heights of his original rookie draft capital suggested . He was a top 5 guy in most rookie drafts which portends much more generally . He has solid td upside and richardson doesn't scare me much as he is quite brittle and was one of free agency's biggest reaches. I own 1 share and he is wr 4/5 on that team and I will hold and see if he can help me this season and if not I move on.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:32 am

Odds are he won’t hit but Smith has supported Kelce + Hill the last 2 years so even if Reed is healthy Doctson could be fantasy relevant. He just needs to beat out Richardson (not hard IMO), and Crowder. If Reed isn’t healthy then I think it’s wheels up just based on volume.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon May 14, 2018 7:13 am

i see him having a career year, whether thats 800 yards and 5 TD or 1200 and 9TD is anyones guess

he will have the most opportunity to date tho (barring injury of course)

someone im buying if owners are ready to cut ties
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp