Austin Ekeler Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Austin Ekeler Value

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm

Melvin Gordon is unlikely to be back. Ekeler should see plenty of touches next year. Some backs, like CMC, are game planned for passes. Ekeler does get a fair amount of checkdowns, but he also gets his fair share of scripted passes. I think 50 receptions is his floor, and he should see carries, especially if they go with Jackson as the other back. Whatever the case is, he's arguably their best overall offensive weapon, and I believe they will find a way to keep him heavily involved, as long as he is healthy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:47 pm

I mean, he regularly catches bombs lined up as a WR, I think his receptions will be fine. What Im worried about is his rushing stats... been terrible on the ground since Gordon came back, wasn't doing terribly well before then either. Hopefully he proves me wrong, I doubt I will reach a deal I like enough to move him
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm My hesitation is tied to LAC potentially moving on from Rivers. He's always targeted RBs at a high rate. That floor could bottom out if he isn't back in 2020.
Whilst I don't disagree, and I could see how a new QB could remove some of the "flow" of the offense for moving up and down the field - surely no QB in their right mind could see what Ekeler has done this year and not think "get the ball to that guy"

He's been absolutely tearing it up. All he needs is a dump off to make a potential house call. If I'm a young QB, I'm leaning on that guy...

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:53 pm

He is undervalued I'd say, but the reasons for caution are sound. I like Ekeler a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm sure that he's better than Tony Pollard for example. Whilst we might assume that rational coaching will always make a guy with his skills in space a priority, it doesn't always turn out to be the case. Receiving backs are dependent upon the QB, the mobility of the linemen, whether there's an elite slot guy on the team and also to some degree on game script. Like most every RB except the elite talents, he could vanish in a puff of smoke. As an example of how this happens, consider Theo Riddick. Yes he's hurt right now, but every LB who ever matched up with him described him as an impossible cover. He's not a priority for the Lions, or for anyone else when he gets healthy.
I think Ekeler is an interesting buy and might try to pick up a share or two. He's not a cheat code because your league-mates are stupid though. If the Chargers move on from Rivers and get a pocket passer, and move on from Gordon and get a power back, then he could be a league winner for sure. If they get a mobile QB who doesn't dump it off, and/or a lead back who is excellent in the passing game, then he could drop in value very quickly.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:27 pm

I think they would be silly to waste a pick or FA $ on a 3 down back. Committees are the cheapest most effective for the cost backfields imo, and the Chargers are as cheap as they come it seems. If the take a guy like Najee Harris I would be flabergasted. Idk about AJ Dillon's receiving game, but based on stats and catching glimpses of him play, he could be a great compliment to ekeler, and with ekeler being able to line up as a WR he wouldn't even have to come off the field too
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:25 pm

When do you start to consider Ekeler in a PPR startup draft? Top 50 player?

He's consistently undervalued in existing leagues, but I am curious if that will also apply to startup drafts this off-season...

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:27 pm

4 year 24.5 million dollars
15 million guaranteed. All aboard the hype train. Thats top 10 money right? Near D Freeman's once league leading contract eh?
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:42 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:27 pm 4 year 24.5 million dollars
15 million guaranteed. All aboard the hype train. Thats top 10 money right? Near D Freeman's once league leading contract eh?
That's a steal considering what Gurley and Zeke costed.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:40 pm

15 million guaranteed. All aboard the hype train......
If not known before this deal, certainly guarantees Gordon will be moving on to another team. I own 1 share of Gordon (zero Ekeler), do not think Gordon made a good decision to sit out last year wanting more money than Chargers were willing to offer. One can only hope Gordon lands in a desirable starting spot with a 1 year prove it deal or decent starter money over the next few years.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Well I personally dislike his touchdown celebration, so it's an overpay to me

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:42 pm
For real, obviously there better. But gimme 2.5 ekelers for one of them

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Quite fun reading through this thread now that the “what if” has materialized. Those who bought or held, congrats to you! Certainly looms like a top 10 lock to get top 10 production at RB. Those in rebuild should now get that mid 1st+ in return.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:37 pm

So this sets him up as the 5th highest paid RB in the league, with the 2017 class about to play their last year on their rookie deals (minus the first rounders that'll likely get optioned) and Henry/Gordon looking for a contract still. Looks like the Chargers really believe in him. One of the most successful UDFAs ever?
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:59 pm

😳 good for him! I only own 1 share, wish I had more.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:42 pm
Considering they are much much better players I would hope his price is a fraction. Great receiving, scat back type player, but his running through the tackles isn’t half of Gurley or Zeke. Can’t predict the Gurley injury, but he had 2 unreal seasons, and Zeke is the best pure runner in the game.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd