General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cabana
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Austin Ekeler Value

Postby Cabana » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:14 am

AlbertaPrime wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 am
Worst team in my league has Ekeler and just sent a group message saying that he's on the table. As the Gordon owner in the league I am obviously interested, just having a really hard time gauging his value. I really don't want to give up a 2020 1st for him, but am strongly considering my 2021 1st. Is that crazy?

What about Corey Davis and a 2020 2nd for Ekeler? Does that make more sense (ugh. that actually kills me that this is what CD has come to).
If it helps, in my league in sig (non-SF and non-PPR) this trade has just happened:

One of the worst teams in the league sent Ekeler + Kyler Murray
Contender sent Kerryon Johnson + Jordan Reed
Ducks League
12-team non-PPR 28-roster 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-3WR, 1TE, 1DL. 1LB, 1DB, 1K http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3951353

2016 season: 3rd place
2017 season: Champion
2018 season: 2nd place
2019 season: 3rd place

QB Carson Wentz, Tom Brady
RB Josh Jacobs, Joe Mixon,Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Devonta Freeman, Giovani Bernard, Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Dion Lewis, Bryce Love, Jaylen Samuels
WR Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Mike Williams, Alshon Jeffery
TE Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews, Hunter Henry
DL Calais Campbell, J.J. Watt, Brian Burns
LB Deion Jones
DB Jamal Adams
K Harrison Butker

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Cabana wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:14 am
AlbertaPrime wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 am
Worst team in my league has Ekeler and just sent a group message saying that he's on the table. As the Gordon owner in the league I am obviously interested, just having a really hard time gauging his value. I really don't want to give up a 2020 1st for him, but am strongly considering my 2021 1st. Is that crazy?

What about Corey Davis and a 2020 2nd for Ekeler? Does that make more sense (ugh. that actually kills me that this is what CD has come to).
If it helps, in my league in sig (non-SF and non-PPR) this trade has just happened:

One of the worst teams in the league sent Ekeler + Kyler Murray
Contender sent Kerryon Johnson + Jordan Reed
I can see why one is the worst and one is a contender. Sheeeeeeeeeesh

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Does no one remember Ekeler being a viable option even when Gordon was starting? Just my trash RB corps? Ok...
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:03 pm

I wouldn't move more than a late 1st/early 2nd for him. He's been great and is clearly good, but guys like him often get replaced.

Mjvb5
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Yeah I’m not moving my ekeler shares for a late first. Guy is good. 12 ppg as the not lead back last year, team has repeatedly shown he’ll get the work after Gordon, team is clearly pissed at gordon.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:37 pm

I wouldn’t either. He’s a hold if you can’t get a mid-1st. He’s winning you games and could have a similar story to Conner. Still, if Gordon comes back and eats into that work you’ll be wishing you took a 1st.

bigblue204
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bigblue204 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:36 am

dipANDglide wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:37 pm
I wouldn’t either. He’s a hold if you can’t get a mid-1st. He’s winning you games and could have a similar story to Conner. Still, if Gordon comes back and eats into that work you’ll be wishing you took a 1st.
Gordon likely will come back this year. But do you really think that Gordon is a Charger next year?

And I think Ekeler has shown enough that he will be the starter next year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:41 am

dipANDglide wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:37 pm
Ekeler is going to be on the field regardless. He's not a 20 touch player long term, but he's at least shown he can be a 1B, and a really productive one. He's dynamite. Guy makes explosive plays in all facets of the game. For 2 years he's done this, he's just getting to showcase it now. He's out there making sweet grabs on go routes, most recently, as a WR. I think next years class is good, but outside the top guys, it's still a dart throw, and Ekeler has outplayed his UDFA status. He's an elite athlete and producer, and he belongs on an NFL field. I'm not sure what a late first next year gets you that Ekeler isn't already. I mean, there are people touting McLaurin as a first plus, and he's played 2 games. Ekeler is THE RB1 through 2 games, but has a 2 year body of work to show when he gets touches, he produces. Not saying Ekeler is worth a first plus, but I'm holding Ekeler over the 1.11 for instance, in next years class. I like the top end of this class, but there's something to be said about NFL production. Guice, Penny, Rojo, they were all high end picks, and have not shown on the field the way this kid has, injuries, depth chart or otherwise. Draft picks need to be turned into a productive player, and that's exactly what Ekeler is.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:20 am

I personally would wait to give a 1st for a guy who has yet to prove he has the durability to be a 3 down back. Especially when the Chargers have not 1 but 2 guys with 3 down back ability, and like some have mentioned, if they do move on from Gordon they could easily draft another.

Basically at the moment Ekeler is what the Damien Williams owners expected from him. At the moment.

I certainly do not blame owners that will only sell at that price / buy at that price, just like with McLaurin.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Mjvb5
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:30 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:20 am
I personally would wait to give a 1st for a guy who has yet to prove he has the durability to be a 3 down back. Especially when the Chargers have not 1 but 2 guys with 3 down back ability, and like some have mentioned, if they do move on from Gordon they could easily draft another.

Basically at the moment Ekeler is what the Damien Williams owners expected from him. At the moment.

I certainly do not blame owners that will only sell at that price / buy at that price, just like with McLaurin.
The issue with this is that basically the entire argument for williams was that situation, almost no one was arguing that he was some kinda good talent. I legitamately believe that ekeler is a very talented back in all facets of the game.

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby honcho55 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Nice thread here. I’ve always been a fan of these types of guys that kinda fly under the radar as pass catching backs. Reminds me of prime sproles, woodhead, chuck garner.

I only have him in one spot right now and I have no motivation to sell. I don’t think I would take a 1st, yet. My team is 2-0 but it’s borderline as far as a real push. On the other hand if I sold ekeler my RBs would be rough enough to go full rebuild. Odd spot.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team, 15 keeper
start 1QB, SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: Wilson, Watson
RB: S Barkley, J Taylor, JK Dobbins, T Coleman, G Bernard
WR: J Smith-Schuster, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, A Cooper, C Kirk, A Miller
TE. T Kelce, M Gesicki

Futures
2021: 1.02, 1.13, 2.02, 2.03, 2.11
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Even with the impending Gordon news, I'd want a first to part with Ekeler. I realize that probably won't happen, but I won't move him for any second at this point. I don't see a reason too. He's productive, always a threat in the passing game and for big plays, and is still young. The Chargers most likely move on from Gordon next year, and Ekeler is an RFA. Regardless, though, he will have a part in today's NFL offences. I do have Ekeler in a best ball league BTW, so that may be why I value him a bit more, but I also have him in the DLF Early Birds Special League, where we draft pre NFL draft for the rookie draft, and is also a 16 teamer. so I guess when talking 2nd round pick, I'd rather stick with Ekeler in the leagues I have him in, because I know what I'm getting.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:46 pm

Gordon was back today, and Ekeler did almost nothing in the running game.......but he had 15 catches. 15. I know it's an anomaly, but it just shows this kid is a really versatile back and nobody should be selling him for a 2nd.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:46 pm
Gordon was back today, and Ekeler did almost nothing in the running game.......but he had 15 catches. 15. I know it's an anomaly, but it just shows this kid is a really versatile back and nobody should be selling him for a 2nd.
And he did nothing with them as the Chargers lost with a horrible offensive performance, so I'm not sure they're going to be rushing to repeat that.

Though I do agree I wouldn't sell him for a 2nd. He's a solid flex play at worst and who knows next year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Brady, Burrow
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Hunt, Coleman, Ballage
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Lockett, J Jefferson, Fulgham, Preston
TE: Goedert

rschroeder1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby rschroeder1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:59 am

Vcize wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:49 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:46 pm
And he did nothing with them as the Chargers lost with a horrible offensive performance, so I'm not sure they're going to be rushing to repeat that.

Though I do agree I wouldn't sell him for a 2nd. He's a solid flex play at worst and who knows next year.
He did nothing with his 15 catches because there was not much to do with them. He's not Superman - dump-off after dump-off to the middle of the field is not going to yield 80 yard runs.