CJ Anderson, at this point, what are his best landing spots?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

CJ Anderson, at this point, what are his best landing spots?

Postby UATahoe » Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am

I picked CJ up as a shot in the dark for next year. I definitely didnt expect him to still be on the market at this point without a team. Most NFL teams are getting really crowded now in the RB room. Off the top of my head, the places i see him fitting in are with the Dolphins solely due to prior interest and maybe the Colts? But even the Colts have a couple of rookies in the draft with Mack coming back. Outside of those places, i dont really see any other avenues for solid playing time. Maybe Carolina as a Stewart replacement. What do you guys think? Definitely turned in to slim pickings now.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: CJ Anderson, at this point, what are his best landing spots?

Postby Jason3123 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:07 am

I think the Colts are the heavy favorite just based on depth chart and the insane amount of cap space they have. I also think they will eventually sign Dez Bryant.

I don't think the Dolphins are likely as they signed Gore, have Drake, drafted Ballage.

I think the Jets are also a possibility, again due to a ton of cap space and a questionable depth chart.

Other teams I wouldn't be shocked by, 49ers, Chargers, Panthers.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu May 03, 2018 10:07 am

Even if he signs somewhere, it will be as a depth addition or in a RBBC. The best landing spots would be if PIT or KC signed him to the veteran minimum if Bell or Hunt were to get hurt or as their backups. As of right now, I'd only pay an early/mid 3rd at most for Anderson. There are very few paths to fantasy relevance for him.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

crisdecamposmd
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crisdecamposmd » Thu May 03, 2018 1:35 pm

UATahoe wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am I picked CJ up as a shot in the dark for next year. I definitely didnt expect him to still be on the market at this point without a team. Most NFL teams are getting really crowded now in the RB room. Off the top of my head, the places i see him fitting in are with the Dolphins solely due to prior interest and maybe the Colts? But even the Colts have a couple of rookies in the draft with Mack coming back. Outside of those places, i dont really see any other avenues for solid playing time. Maybe Carolina as a Stewart replacement. What do you guys think? Definitely turned in to slim pickings now.
I have had CJ for the last 2-3 years. I am hoping he goes to Green Bay. Not only is CJ a great back but he was the #1 in pass protection last year. Plus, he's a high IQ player and happen to go to Cal just like Rodgers... Could there be a better fit? I don't know, but I'm hoping for that one.

12 Team PPR (IDP)

QB: Cousins
WR: AJ Green, Pierre Garcon, Devin Funchess, Tyrell Williams, Marqise Lee, Josh Doctson, Jaron Brown, Chester Rogers, Brice Butler, Jordan Matthews, Mack Hollins, Chris Conley, Michael Gallup, Anthony Miller, J'mon Moore, Quincy Enunwa, Cam Meredith
RB: Saquon Barkley, CJ Anderson, Wayne Gallman, Matt Breida, Rob Kelley, Chris Carson, James Conner
TE: Travis Kelce, Jonnu Smith

LB: Kwon Alexander, Anthony Hitchens, Rashaan Evans
Last edited by crisdecamposmd on Thu May 03, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crisdecamposmd
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crisdecamposmd » Thu May 03, 2018 1:42 pm

UATahoe wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am I picked CJ up as a shot in the dark for next year. I definitely didnt expect him to still be on the market at this point without a team. Most NFL teams are getting really crowded now in the RB room. Off the top of my head, the places i see him fitting in are with the Dolphins solely due to prior interest and maybe the Colts? But even the Colts have a couple of rookies in the draft with Mack coming back. Outside of those places, i dont really see any other avenues for solid playing time. Maybe Carolina as a Stewart replacement. What do you guys think? Definitely turned in to slim pickings now.
I also feel like there's a dark horse chance of the Steelers making a move for him. He actually averaged more yards per carry than Lev Bell last year (as did James Conner), is a better pass protector, and would probably be more than happy to sign a reasonable 4 year deal. They could still make Lev Bell play out his franchise tag and let him go elsewhere next year (and if CJ continues to average more yards per carry... it would only benefit the Steelers going into 2019). Personally, from a management perspective, I'd feel much better about having CJA and Conner for the next 4 years at about 7-8 million/year average (for both) than dealing with Lev Bell and his antics at 10-15 million/year (for just him).

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Thu May 03, 2018 2:57 pm

You nailed it on the head OP. CAR and IND are easily the best landing spots with nothing but backup or role players currently at the top of the depth charts for the rushing down role for each team.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Colts and Dolphins (insurance if Drake isn't real) are logical.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu May 03, 2018 3:25 pm

If someone wanted him, they would have signed him by now. He'll either latch on and get 80 touches somewhere or he'll have to wait until the season and hope for the injury replacement phone call.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu May 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Hard to believe for a guy coming off a 1,000 yard season. One would think he would have some serious interest.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 03, 2018 6:35 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:07 am Even if he signs somewhere, it will be as a depth addition or in a RBBC. The best landing spots would be if PIT or KC signed him to the veteran minimum if Bell or Hunt were to get hurt or as their backups. As of right now, I'd only pay an early/mid 3rd at most for Anderson. There are very few paths to fantasy relevance for him.
I think he'll be more than that. The second he signs with a team he has a path to fantasy relevance, so it really depends. If he goes to Indy for instance, he would probably beat out Marlon Mack for early down duties. There are at least a few teams where he can step in and immediately be a starter, and those teams will probably be the ones interested in his services. Then again, he could sign for the Rams....
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:25 pm If someone wanted him, they would have signed him by now. He'll either latch on and get 80 touches somewhere or he'll have to wait until the season and hope for the injury replacement phone call.
Not sure that's true. I'm not invested in him, so no bias here. I think most teams wanted to go into the draft and see where they were after that. I still think he's going to sign with someone and have a chance to be involved. The same could be said about Dez, but I think he'll eventually sign, too. Teams still need to sign all their rookies etc. I expect CJA to be on a team by training camp.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Thu May 03, 2018 8:02 pm

It’s looking like he might get stuck behind a pretty good starting rb. So as a handcuff I’d love to see him behind shady in Buffalo.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 pm

I'd love to see him on DET or OAK but GMs are pretty stupid

Houston should be interested but Alfred Blue "knows the system"

CJ is probably just fighting for guaranteed $$ and will sign once he settles for very little

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:25 pm If someone wanted him, they would have signed him by now. He'll either latch on and get 80 touches somewhere or he'll have to wait until the season and hope for the injury replacement phone call.
Doug Martin got a team, and he's been hot garbage for two years. CJA's a 3-down, 1k yardage rusher in '17 that graded well on film. He would easily have a team by now if Elway hadn't dragged his feet releasing him.

The draft was only a few days ago, front-offices are still mulling their options and perusing available UDFAs. Anderson will sign somewhere once that landscape's settled and interested teams have figured out if they're willing to pay Anderson the decent chunk of change he warrants.

If Anderson goes to Indy, Carolina, Detroit, or even Houston, he could easily end up starting. Miami via the Gase connection is also plausible, and if he ends up there he'll split touches with Drake.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon May 07, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 03, 2018 9:18 pm

I concur with ninotoreS, although in Doug Martins defence obviously the Raiders felt he was worth the signing even with the draft coming up.
Doesnt make him likely be useful though (for fantasy).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..