Let's talk... JuJu Smith-Schuster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: Juju status- MB leaving and Washington coming

Postby kamihamster » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:33 pm

The Steelers have a knack for drafting WRs it seems, and many times they continue to find success once they leave Pitt. Juju looked pretty special to me last year, and that is coming from a guy that didn't want him to succeed. I am a Martavis truther and wanted MB to be the number 2 there. I only got Juju because he fell to me in the 3rd. So I was very pleased to see him succeed when it seemed MB couldn't get things going after being suspended a year. He looked pretty darn good when AB went down at the end of the season which gives me hope that he's not a number 2 benefiting from AB drawing extra attention, but that he actually has the skill to be a true #1.

I think the Steelers want to use 3 WRs often and Washing will be the third. AB and Juju can be used all over the field, and Washington will probably be used as the deep threat. I think MB was the better deep threat, but I get that he had off field issues. Washington I also see being used for some gimmick plays. Put me down for 55/650/3 on 90 targets for Washington and 70/1020/9 on 110 targets for Juju.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:58 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:47 am maybe we need a thread of in forum season bets?? that would be fun.

maybe saying "wont be half" was harsh, should have said "closer to half"

I'm a steeler fan and a juju fan, i just think he benefited heavily from Bryant being in the dog house, a 97 yard TD (cant discredit big plays but still was a bit fluky and accounted for 1/10th of his season total), and a big final game where AB was hurt and could not be relied on heavily (juju got 9 grabs when he had been averaging more like 4-5 a game)

i just think its more likely you see what he usually did, 3-5 grabs and <75 yards (10 of 14 games). With an occasional TD of course.
I would say that this assessment is on the money. I would bet that Juju's numbers will be closer to Washington's than Brown's this year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue May 01, 2018 6:10 am

kamihamster wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:33 pm The Steelers have a knack for drafting WRs it seems, and many times they continue to find success once they leave Pitt. Juju looked pretty special to me last year, and that is coming from a guy that didn't want him to succeed. I am a Martavis truther and wanted MB to be the number 2 there. I only got Juju because he fell to me in the 3rd. So I was very pleased to see him succeed when it seemed MB couldn't get things going after being suspended a year. He looked pretty darn good when AB went down at the end of the season which gives me hope that he's not a number 2 benefiting from AB drawing extra attention, but that he actually has the skill to be a true #1.

I think the Steelers want to use 3 WRs often and Washing will be the third. AB and Juju can be used all over the field, and Washington will probably be used as the deep threat. I think MB was the better deep threat, but I get that he had off field issues. Washington I also see being used for some gimmick plays. Put me down for 55/650/3 on 90 targets for Washington and 70/1020/9 on 110 targets for Juju.
that target share alone cant be feasible. over the past 3 seasons Ben averages 500 attempts, AB gets 150+targets, Bell gets 100+, if juju and washington combine for 200 that leaves 50 passes to the rest of the team for the entire season, not gonna happen that way. thats why i am pumping the brakes on juju... he would need that 110 targets to be the high end WR2 everyone is hoping for.

Last year juju got 79 and bryant got 84...i expect a similar split between juju and washington with maybe juju getting more like 90 and washington closer to 70. but he will have a hard time even pushing 100+ unless injury happens or scheme changes to feature him (could happen haley is gone, things could change a lot and nobody will know till we see it)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:33 pm

So do those who think Juju can't get over 100 targets because of Pitt's system, because of the distribution of targets in the past, think that Juju is better than past Pitt WR2's?

If so, doesn't that make you think they might adjust the target distribution a bit at least? 15 more balls Juju's way is 1 a week. 1.5 more targets a week and he's pretty much up to 110 targets... An injury to Brown or Bell, even for just a few el weeks, and I think he gets at least 110 targets...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue May 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Stop being so logical. Lol.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed May 02, 2018 2:48 am

I think juju will be closer to 120 targets including his breakout game vs detroit in avg 7.5 targets a game his efficiency will likely drop from nearly 75% to the tune of 15.8 YPR - to I guess closer to 60% 13+ ypc gets him 72 balls for 950 and 8tds .
He did miss two games- 1 with a balky hamstring IIRC & 1 suspended for smoking vontaze burfict .
Washington will be close to 60 targets for 35 catches and 500 yards and 4tds imho!.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:10 am
kamihamster wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:33 pm The Steelers have a knack for drafting WRs it seems, and many times they continue to find success once they leave Pitt. Juju looked pretty special to me last year, and that is coming from a guy that didn't want him to succeed. I am a Martavis truther and wanted MB to be the number 2 there. I only got Juju because he fell to me in the 3rd. So I was very pleased to see him succeed when it seemed MB couldn't get things going after being suspended a year. He looked pretty darn good when AB went down at the end of the season which gives me hope that he's not a number 2 benefiting from AB drawing extra attention, but that he actually has the skill to be a true #1.

that target share alone cant be feasible. over the past 3 seasons Ben averages 500 attempts, AB gets 150+targets, Bell gets 100+, if juju and washington combine for 200 that leaves 50 passes to the rest of the team for the entire season, not gonna happen that way. thats why i am pumping the brakes on juju... he would need that 110 targets to be the high end WR2 everyone is hoping for.

Last year juju got 79 and bryant got 84...i expect a similar split between juju and washington with maybe juju getting more like 90 and washington closer to 70. but he will have a hard time even pushing 100+ unless injury happens or scheme changes to feature him (could happen haley is gone, things could change a lot and nobody will know till we see it)
I agree with with others have said which shows in my projections. Assuming health of course. If Juju progresses in his development I can see him earning more targets. AB and Bell could stand to lose a few and still put up their big numbers. Juju was out for two games so that will also increase his targets if he stays healthy and doesn't blow anyone up. And lastly, Juju wasn't the #2 WR for a few games in the beginning of the season when MB was still considered the #2. He will start the season there and should get his slice of the pie as such.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am

Count me a skeptic on some of these arguments regarding Washington. He's an unknown commodity at the pro level, and rookies rarely make a splash in their first year. None of us can predict the future, but the default assumption should be expecting more of the norm rather than something special in a WR rookie year.

Likewise, the arguments that the Steelers can't support fantasy-wise a receiver beyond the points generated by AB and Bell...if that's true, that's fine, but it's odd to me that such logic limits Juju but somehow lends itself to a strong rookie campaign for Washington. Seems diametrically opposite to me.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Juju a top 10 WR?

Postby Titans95 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:32 pm

What is everyone's opinion on Juju moving forward? I think we've all had it in our head that Juju was severely capped with AB in town but it looks like maybe Juju will just eat into AB's target share and make them both WR1's with AB being great but not out of this world like he's been in the past.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Juju a top 10 WR?

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:53 pm

I would not be remotely comfortable thinking that Juju is top 10 long term.
Washington was drafted for a reason, the running game will be good again at some point and AB is going to take over soon.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease type of thing.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:05 pm

21 and picked up right where he left off. Yes, could see it happening. Too late to buy though.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Obj
Evans
Nuk
MT
AB
Julio
Keenan
Tyreek
AJ Green

I'd put juju right on the bubble with Hilton, cooks, Adams, etc.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 pm

AB is going to get fed. How many times a season do you see a QB throw 60 times and two WR receive 17+ receptions on the same team. As long as AB is there, he won't be top 10.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:35 pm

I think it’s early to call him a top 10 asset.

That said, he might be a top 10 rebuilding asset. I wasn’t a believer, but he’s been as explosive this season as he was last. A few people have said that Washington was brought in for JuJu, but I don’t buy it.

Edit: by asset, I meant WR

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:53 pm I would not be remotely comfortable thinking that Juju is top 10 long term.
Washington was drafted for a reason, the running game will be good again at some point and AB is going to take over soon.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease type of thing.
I don't agree with "Washington was drafted for a reason". They did it last year with JuJu and hit gold. A lot of ppl thought thst was a bad pick with martavis there. We all know how that turned out.