2018 NFL DRAFT

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RolandsTower
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 2018 NFL DRAFT

Postby RolandsTower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:07 pm
Needalife wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 pm This rookie draft is suddenly looking very unappealing. Guice, Chubb and Sutton are the only hope.

Barkley is clear #1 but many didn't love the O-line and overall landing spot... I kinda like it
Penny has a terrible O-line on a declining team
Moore is suddenly moving up my board quickly
Ridley is good but a #2 on his team but I'm feeling inconsistent results
Sony.... well, that's just tragic for a player I was excited about

Gonna be all Barkley and QBs atop all SF leagues.... no one else jumping in the SF mix at this point.
Love Moore but hate the spot. Would prefer a more accurate QB. So many targets with McCaffrey, a returning Samuel, and Funch, who I think is actually helped by this Was hoping for somewhere where he could be more featured.
Steve Smith would like a word with you.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:58 am

RolandsTower wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:52 am
Needalife wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 pm This rookie draft is suddenly looking very unappealing. Guice, Chubb and Sutton are the only hope.

Barkley is clear #1 but many didn't love the O-line and overall landing spot... I kinda like it
Penny has a terrible O-line on a declining team
Moore is suddenly moving up my board quickly
Ridley is good but a #2 on his team but I'm feeling inconsistent results
Sony.... well, that's just tragic for a player I was excited about

Gonna be all Barkley and QBs atop all SF leagues.... no one else jumping in the SF mix at this point.
Love Moore but hate the spot. Would prefer a more accurate QB. So many targets with McCaffrey, a returning Samuel, and Funch, who I think is actually helped by this Was hoping for somewhere where he could be more featured.
Yeah, I don't see the same player (or situation) at all.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

RolandsTower
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RolandsTower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:01 am

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:41 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 pm These rookie rankings are totally up in the air, other than Barkley, imo.
Yeah, I'm so disappointed. Anyone without the 1.01 can just burn whatever rankings existed pre-draft.
Just relax. Way too much of a reactionary response in my opinion. Think about when Cook and Mix were drafted last year in the 2nd round.

Also, in my opinion the landing spots are not as bad as they might seem. Seattle’s O Line sucks, I get it, but Penny is meow in a situation where he’s primed to be the full on bellcow to a team with very limited competition that believed in him enough to take him at he very least a full round earlier than where everyone else had him. Volume alone bumps him up for me.

Belicheck doesn’t pick RBs in the first, to my the investment in him means he’s ready to give him a bleep ton of work. The other guys there are all just bodies for the most part, and then there’s the Isaiah Wynn pick to bolster the O Line. In that high flying offense Sony will be set.

When Guice, Chubb and Rojo land well tomorrow to the SEVERAL RB needy teams picking at the top of the 2nd you’ll feel a hell of a lot better, trust me.

RolandsTower
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RolandsTower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:58 am

Interesting, I do...as does Steve Smith himself if ya watched the draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:14 am

RolandsTower wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:58 am

Interesting, I do...as does Steve Smith himself if ya watched the draft.
Still not convinced. He's an analyst, not a scout. Good comments for TV don't make it so. I like it more for the team than for DJ Moore and his Fantasy reality. I like DJ Moore, but Funch is the X, and red zone target (as well as Olsen), and you've got McCafffey as well as Samuel sprinkled in. I see Moore starting in the slot to start his career, and maybe later moving to the outside. I like DJ a lot, and while it is not the worst landing spot, I would have liked to see him with a more pinpoint passer.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:49 pm
skip wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:37 pm

This. Quoted for truth.

One more wish for Colts with their back-to-back picks to take Connor Williams and Guice/Chubb, whichever one the Browns don't take. Add that to Nelson and a returning Luck, it would be so sexy.
I don't expect the Browns to take a running back.
Yeah I'm not sure why everyone thinks the Browns need a RB when they have Hyde/Duke. It was one thing when we were talking about Barkley where you could kind of ignore the decent options you already had for a player like that, but a day 2 back doesn't really offer much beyond what they already have.

There were a firestorm of tweets reporting this, which if true...means the Browns would have gladly taken a RB here. The only question is do they like any of these other RBs enough to settle on one here?

I don't know why it doesn't make sense to some people. I didn't expect Browns to go RB early but I expected them to go RB. It's Hyde, contract year Duke Johnson and ???

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:54 am

Great..
Now RoJo is going to go to a good spot and people are going to draft him..

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:02 am

I liked seeing people NOT hugging Goodell. That had gotten creepy.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:30 am

RolandsTower wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 am
Needalife wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 pm Early 2nd round has Browns, Indy x2, Bucs and Broncos. Guice and Chubb are gonna land in spots that will make us all feel a little better. Indy line is weak but paired with Luck could be nice.
You think it’s fair to call Indy’s line weak after the Q Nelson pick? How’s about if they draft Connor Williams with one of their multiple 2nds tomorrow too? Just curious, to me Nelson immediately bolsters that line in a big big way, and if they add Williams and a RB as well tomorrow in the 2nd it’s the perfect situation.
If Mewhort, Kelly, and Slauson have years like last year, playing poorly and missing time, then yes, this is still a below average line . . . if they return to their pre-2017 forms and stay healthy, this could actually be one of the better lines in the league
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 am

I had to miss half the draft... have to remind myself I love my wife... but overall my thoughts on the landing spots were mixed

Barkley - what'd you expect, I think the Giants are better than the Browns as they can at least stretch the field
Penny - really not much in the way of competition. Bad line yes, but volume along gives him a solid look
Michel - I didn't like this one personally... I've been back and forth on this guy and the patriots are the type that seem to chew up Rb's... they never seem to care about what they invest in them... But I've also never been a fan of either the patriots of Michel... so I'm biased

Moore - love this spot, I think any WR that went to Carolina would shoot up the board to one of the higher drafted WRs in dynasty
Ridley - actually i love this spot just as much - with Julio and 2 solid rbs I think this gives Ridley room to shine in the beginning of his career. Do I think he's gonna put up WR1 numbers, no... but I think he will be a solid WR2 for most dynasty teams.

The beginning of the 2nd round should be all sorts of interesting with some of the guys still left

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:06 am

So far the two biggest positives for my team were Barkley to NYG and Billy Price to CIN.

After signing Cordy Glenn and spending their top pick on Price, I'm really glad to see CIN focusing on their O-line.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am

Jason wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 am
skip wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 pm

I don't expect the Browns to take a running back.
Yeah I'm not sure why everyone thinks the Browns need a RB when they have Hyde/Duke. It was one thing when we were talking about Barkley where you could kind of ignore the decent options you already had for a player like that, but a day 2 back doesn't really offer much beyond what they already have.

There were a firestorm of tweets reporting this, which if true...means the Browns would have gladly taken a RB here. The only question is do they like any of these other RBs enough to settle on one here?

I don't know why it doesn't make sense to some people. I didn't expect Browns to go RB early but I expected them to go RB. It's Hyde, contract year Duke Johnson and ???
Firestorm of tweets related to what? Picture isn't there.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:14 am

hankmurphy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:06 am So far the two biggest positives for my team were Barkley to NYG and Billy Price to CIN.

After signing Cordy Glenn and spending their top pick on Price, I'm really glad to see CIN focusing on their O-line.
Agreed. Mixon's numbers were not good last year, but from the games I saw, he looked solid. Some o-line talent will help this year.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:10 am

I wonder if Chubb to DEN played into The Raiders' decision to reach on Miller.

Carr's continuing injury woes led me to trade him last season. So are his current owners stressing those two upcoming DEN match-ups?

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:10 am

skip wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am
Jason wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 am

Firestorm of tweets related to what? Picture isn't there.
Ugh why is it so hard to upload a screenshot in 2018?

Heres the link to the tweet that I tried to show.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/9 ... 2599659521