Josh Allen

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Josh Allen

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am

I don't think I've ever been more conflicted about a player than about Josh Allen. I know how weird that sounds.

As a stats guy by trade, Allen has all the red flags to make me steer clear. In addition to accuracy issues, he's got literally nothing around him to help him succeed. Kelvin Benjamin might be the worst WR1 in the league and I feel confident that Zay Jones is the worst WR2 in the league. His offensive line is abysmal.

But for some reason, I LOVE him.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am
I don't think I've ever been more conflicted about a player than about Josh Allen. I know how weird that sounds.

As a stats guy by trade, Allen has all the red flags to make me steer clear. In addition to accuracy issues, he's got literally nothing around him to help him succeed. Kelvin Benjamin might be the worst WR1 in the league and I feel confident that Zay Jones is the worst WR2 in the league. His offensive line is abysmal.

But for some reason, I LOVE him.
You should add him to your higher on list.
I'm not that high on him, but he fell to me in the third round of a superflex, and at that point I simply couldn't pass up the value. Gotta root for the guy now :biggrin:
I think they do need some talent to help him out, just hope he survives the year. I was a little surprised they didn't grab some receiver help later in the draft, I thought Auden Tate would have made a phenomenal target for Allen and he was still available in the 7th.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:17 am

0LDMAN wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 am
DJB wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 am
0LDMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Josh throw hard. Josh not throw very accurately. Does Josh throw accurately enough? Tough to tell.
Josh has been very accurate . His wr suck and drop everything . His issue is he needs to just get rid of the ball and not have so much of a hero concept and taking sacks.
Unfortunately for him, and you and I, that's not changing anytime soon. That O-line might be the worst I've seen this year, and the WR2 is Zay Jones. ZAY JONES. That guy literally has feet for hands. I think they need a complete overhaul, coaches too. Still like Josh Allen but the Bills need wholesale changes and fast.
The o line is a major concern. Worse than the WR or coaching situation. ( although Juan Castillo our line coach is garbage but don't get me started).

Heavy draft capital needs to be spent on the o line or Allen has no hope
Follow me on Twitter @_nickdejong
Follow me and my dynasty team @dynastylife_ff

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 pm

0LDMAN wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 am
DJB wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 am
0LDMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Josh throw hard. Josh not throw very accurately. Does Josh throw accurately enough? Tough to tell.
Josh has been very accurate . His wr suck and drop everything . His issue is he needs to just get rid of the ball and not have so much of a hero concept and taking sacks.
Unfortunately for him, and you and I, that's not changing anytime soon. That O-line might be the worst I've seen this year, and the WR2 is Zay Jones. ZAY JONES. That guy literally has feet for hands. I think they need a complete overhaul, coaches too. Still like Josh Allen but the Bills need wholesale changes and fast.
He should be their punter then. :mrgreen:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 am

I'll be in Buffalo on Sunday cheering on Allen! God knows the rest of the team isn't much to cheer for lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:17 am

DJB wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 am
I'll be in Buffalo on Sunday cheering on Allen! God knows the rest of the team isn't much to cheer for lol
Enjoy! :)

mlee2587
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mlee2587 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:12 pm

I didn’t get to watch the game yesterday (and probably wouldn’t have even if I did have the chance), how did Josh play? Any glimpses of brilliance?

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:20 pm

mlee2587 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:12 pm
I didn’t get to watch the game yesterday (and probably wouldn’t have even if I did have the chance), how did Josh play? Any glimpses of brilliance?
His stat line was pretty respectable considering he was throwing to CFL players.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm

They should've never traded Tyrod. Both Peterman and Allen would've benefit from sitting and learning for a year, maybe even two.

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm
They should've never traded Tyrod. Both Peterman and Allen would've benefit from sitting and learning for a year, maybe even two.
100% agree

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Watching the tape, I thought Allen played pretty well week 1 . . . he was dreadful this week though. A lot of poor decisions and general inaccuracy. I'm not willing to blame his receivers for his performance this week
16tm PPR, Superflex, 1.5 TE prem, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is current rookies and devy (only NFL draft-eligible players for the following year) combined

QB: T Lawrence (DEVY), J Fields (DEVY), Grier
RB: Etienne (DEVY), C Hubbard (DEVY), N Harris (DEVY), K Brooks (DEVY), B Scott, B Scarbrough, B Love
WR: C Lamb, T McLaurin, J Chase (DEVY), R Moore (DEVY), J Waddle (DEVY), T Higgins, T Wallace (DEVY), Isabella, Pettis, A Tate, Bisi, G Ward
TE: H Hurst, Sternberger, Firsker, B Jordan(DEVY), C Kolar(DEVY)
2021 Picks: three 1sts, one 2nd

Safe L 287 rebuild: 12tm PPR, Superflex, 2.0 TE prem;
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 2 Flex

QB: Wentz, Mayfield
RB: Jacobs, Conner, Henderson, Cohen, Bowden, M Brown, Love, Scarbrough, D Anderson
WR: McLaurin, M Brown, Reagor, Higgins, Shenault, Diontae, A Miller, H Butler, Ward, C Johnson
TE: Andrews, Hock, Moreau, Olsen
2021 Picks: four 1sts, three 2nds

Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 pm

DJB wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 am
You should be cheering him on. I also watch the tape on Allen and have for a long time.

The Bills scored 17 of the last 20 points in that contest and Outscored the Chargers 14-3 in the 2nd half. Allen is a fearless player. As far as keeping Tyrod..... Please he is an overrated journeyman that holds the ball too long and historical won't throw players open. Why in the world would anyone want Allen to learn that.

The Bills are going to go through growing pains no doubt much like the Cowboys did with Aikman back in the day.

Allen has more upside than any QB in this class. He has plenty of haters around here I get that, but in a year or two the Bills are going to be solid. He needs an O line in a big way.

Through a few quarters tonight R Wilson is 8-17 70 yards. The point is; O lines matter so judging too soon is speculative at best

On a side the head coach for the Bills looked be calling the defensive plays in the 2nd half. That was interesting and effective. Doesn't bode too well for the D coordinator so worth keeping an eye on.
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Space Cowboy wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:20 pm
mlee2587 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:12 pm
His stat line was pretty respectable considering he was throwing to CFL players.
That and that oline isn't even CFL worthy .

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:20 am

Move over Nathan Peterman hype ;) - Josh Allen hype is about to explode (based off of todays game so far)!!

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:29 am

Win or lose, this is definitely his moment to announce himself to the rest of the world. If I was McDermott, I would approach him after he hurdled Barr, just like the coach in Major League- Nice play, dont ever do that crap again.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon