GEDL Early Rookie Draft 2018

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Re: GEDL Early Rookie Draft 2018

Postby jman3134 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:34 pm

I hope Chark and Scarbrough go higher in my draft.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm

This draft inspired me to write a (bad) joke. :)

Ok I lied - I wrote more than one. :lol: :mrgreen:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Looks like the Bucks traded a future 3rd to draft Ian Thomas at 4.09 - that seems like a statement of belief.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:13 pm

And Madison traded a future 2nd to ensure they got Hurst & J'Mon Moore.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:16 pm

But the most interesting trade is the Kent Crush trade - where Kent decided to throw convential wisdom out the window and moved back 4 spots in the 2nd to only gain 3 in the 4th. However that 4th round pick ended up being used to get that future 2nd from Madison - showing that an active owner can turn what looks to be a loss into an easy win with the right effort.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:16 pm But the most interesting trade is the Kent Crush trade - where Kent decided to throw convential wisdom out the window and moved back 4 spots in the 2nd to only gain 3 in the 4th. However that 4th round pick ended up being used to get that future 2nd from Madison - showing that an active owner can turn what looks to be a loss into an easy win with the right effort.
Didnt even notice he did that, good point I remember thinking the initial trade made little sense.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:13 am

KingsKing wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:16 pm But the most interesting trade is the Kent Crush trade - where Kent decided to throw convential wisdom out the window and moved back 4 spots in the 2nd to only gain 3 in the 4th. However that 4th round pick ended up being used to get that future 2nd from Madison - showing that an active owner can turn what looks to be a loss into an easy win with the right effort.
Didnt even notice he did that, good point I remember thinking the initial trade made little sense.
I can see how you guys would think it didn't make sense. My thought process was he intital offered me a pick farther back. I knew there was going to be a QB run and I wanted to grab one. I had them all close enough but wanted to make sure I got one. I saw almost no value loss in my eyes in trading back 4 spots. I get only trading up 3 spots in the 4th probably doesn't do much in terms of value either. I just had a feeling I'd get an offer from Johnny, Madison, for a future pick. He didn't disappoint.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:10 pm

OK I my draft is done. I had a 5, 6 and a 7. I took Johnny Manziel at 5.09 because I need some youth at QB and he seems to be trending in the right direction. I Traded the 6th for a 5th next year and drafted my only rookie (Martez Carter RB Grambling St.). I tried making some moves but wasn't able to finalize anything. I tried trading for a 1st when James Washington the top WR in my rankings fell to the late 1st. I also tried trading for a pick throughout the 2nd and into 3rd when my top QB (Sam Darnold) fell but again wasn't able to put anything together. I also tried trading for a 4th and had a deal done in my inbox contingent on the player I wanted (Marcell Ateman) being there. But he was drafted the pick before I would have been on the clock. All in all I wasn't very active. My goal was really to keep next year's 1st since I think my team will likely be picking top 6 or so. Here's the roster: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0001
I'll need to grab a couple of rookies to fill out my taxi squad later in the summer but all in all this season is basically just seeing what I have. I definitely need to find my long term answer at QB and infuse some youth at WR.

This draft would've looked a bit different had I been picking in the early rounds. My top WR and QB both ended up going after quite a few other WRs and QBs. There were some definite head scratching moments regarding a few trades that went down but all in all I wasn't overly surprised by most of the picks. The QBs definitely went too late. I was trying to to trade for a pick to grab Darnold beginning around the early-mid 2nd.

My guess is that come May, a few of the WRs will jump some of those first 6 RBs taken. I doubt the top 6 picks in normal rookie drafts will all be RBs like they were here. I know its a strong RB draft but I think our guys were over compensating a bit.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:28 pm

I think at the cost where you got Manziel it was worth it. :)

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:47 pm

I could see a Wr sneak into the top 5 if he gets a good landing spot but i honestly think in most drafts its going to be 4 rb's going first Barkley,Guice,Chubb and Sony with a chance at DJ,Sutton or Kirk going 5th.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:57 pm

I think two of DJ Moore, Sutton, and Ridley sneak into the top 6 depending entirely on landing spot. I think QBs will likely go earlier in most drafts and TEs mostly land in the 3rd. I would be surprised if Bo Scarbrough and DJ Chark go this late as well.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 pm

I think landing spots will be very important but i also think Kerryon Johnson has a chance to move into the top 6 if he lands in a spot where he starts right away, he is very underrated by the draft community but i dont think the NFL Gm's will miss out on how solid a player he is. The buzz im hearing is early 2nd round.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:57 am

Only 3 picks left to go :(

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 am

Well the draft is over.

I didn’t have my usual amount of picks when it was all said and done, but I added OBJ to a squad weak at WR and didn’t really lose a core asset.

I added three rookie RB’s. Guice should be a solid starter with top 5-10 upside. In the second round I added Kalen Ballage and John Kelly. Ballage has the upside if he can utilize his athleticism to the fullest, and Kelly is underrated in my opinion.

From what I’ve seen, the class is really deep but the difference between the 1.08 and the 2.08 is really not that far off. There looks to be a lot of round 3 WR’s and while some of them will hit, RB’s can vault up post NFL draft due to landing spot.

There’s just no bonafide WR for me to latch on to with a mid 1st. I’d much rather trade down or grab a RB.

All in all, I feel like I have a top 5 team this year and set-up really nice long-term.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 am

There's about 3-4 players that went on this draft that I was thinking would be undrafted in dynasty leagues, or at least late... Here's hoping they don't go that early in my drafts because I want a shot on them late.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz