Thoughts on Matt Waldman's RSP?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Thoughts on Matt Waldman's RSP?

Postby UATahoe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 am

Just curious if any of you guys on here get the RSP he puts out? Seems like he puts a ton of effort and research into it and was thinking about buying it. Recommended?
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Thoughts on Matt Waldman's RSP?

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 am

Lots of people around here give it great reviews, I'm only in one league (no money) though so I personally can't justify buying it. If I were in multiple and they had buy ins I likely would get it.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 am

It is not worth paying money for what Matt Waldman produces.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:42 am

It is a nice resource to read film review analysis and opinion from an independent person who has spent a lot of time dedicated to film study and working on his craft, and someone who essentially does it full time. He's also very transparent with his process. Whether or not you agree with his analysis or opinions, at least he has a well thought out process unlike 90% of the opinions out there.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:45 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 am It is not worth paying money for what Matt Waldman produces.
This. Personally I don't mind his analysis, but I believe analytics matter, and don't get it with pure film guys. I think a combination of both is essential, personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am

It's a good resource and it's like $20. If the amount of detail he puts in to that document isn't worth paying $20 for, then you really shouldn't be gambling on fantasy football as a hobby and should focus your time on other things.

Definitely worth the purchase.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:15 am

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:42 am It is a nice resource to read film review analysis and opinion from an independent person who has spent a lot of time dedicated to film study and working on his craft, and someone who essentially does it full time. He's also very transparent with his process. Whether or not you agree with his analysis or opinions, at least he has a well thought out process unlike 90% of the opinions out there.
What he said. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:19 am

guyatwork37 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am It's a good resource and it's like $20. If the amount of detail he puts in to that document isn't worth paying $20 for, then you really shouldn't be gambling on fantasy football as a hobby and should focus your time on other things.

It could be noted that he designs his publications for a 3-5 year window - so the owner who has concern spending $20 could consider buying older copies (every past year is discounted at $9.99) at a cheaper cost and use the publication to help them make determinations on Year 2 buy low / sell highs, etc.

It should also be noted 10% of every purchase ($2) goes towards a charity known as Darkness into Light, which is to help prevent child sex abuse.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/stop-sexual-abuse/
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:20 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:19 am
guyatwork37 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am It's a good resource and it's like $20. If the amount of detail he puts in to that document isn't worth paying $20 for, then you really shouldn't be gambling on fantasy football as a hobby and should focus your time on other things.

It could be noted that he designs his publications for a 3-5 year window - so the owner who has concern spending $20 could consider buying older copies (every past year is discounted at $9.99) at a cheaper cost and use the publication to help them make determinations on Year 2 buy low / sell highs, etc.

It should also be noted 10% of every purchase ($2) goes towards a charity known as Darkness into Light, which is to help prevent child sex abuse.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/stop-sexual-abuse/
I didn't know that about the charity. Good on him! Even better reason to buy.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:44 am

I have never purchased any info but if I did ,it would be here or the RSP ! I (gold plated here) was fortunate enough to win a lifetime premium script here years ago in a contest held by ken moody and jules if I recall correctly . To the RSP, He does so much for so little that as guy at work 37 mentions if you are spending money to do this drop a 20$ league and buy it - I checked out an old free version he made available a few years back and was blown away at the amount of work it must have taken to put the thing together.
He mentions donating a portion to charity - feather in his cap- though I have disagreed with some of his rankings over the years that I have seen published or heard him speak of on various podcasts ,if he makes mistakes he generally owns them and you know they were not lazy mistakes where he lemminged off a cliff staring at another lemmings butt.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 am

I bought it for a few years in a row. Never thought I got much value out of it, so I stopped buying it. Not a slight to Matt or his hard work or anything. I just didn't get much of anything out of it and therefore would not recommend it.

A bit less general, I thought he produced an overly subjective piece of work and often missed the differences between fantasy and real football, to the reader's detriment. In other words, maybe Matt would make a good scout, but a pretty lousy fantasy player.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:39 am

I don’t put all my eggs in one basket. But I love the RSP. Waldman puts so much time and effort into it, for $22, I Buy it. It’s very entertaining and informative. He trusts his process and will stick to it, even if his opinions on players aren’t popular

*Spoiler Alert* (This was given out prior to the RSP on his twitter feed, so I don’t think I’m giving away a big RSP secret)
Barkley is not his favorite RB of the class. That’s all I will say
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:42 am

Bad News Barrett wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:39 am I don’t put all my eggs in one basket. But I love the RSP. Waldman puts so much time and effort into it, for $22, I Buy it. It’s very entertaining and informative. He trusts his process and will stick to it, even if his opinions on players aren’t popular

*Spoiler Alert* (This was given out prior to the RSP on his twitter feed, so I don’t think I’m giving away a big RSP secret)
Barkley is not his favorite RB of the class. That’s all I will say
This didn't terribly surprise me but his #1 WR really caught me off guard.

ManhattanProject
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ManhattanProject » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:51 am

I bought it for the first time this year and think it is great, has lots of good information. As with any "expert" list/rankings it can be useful in helping you develop your own values on players. Also great to hear about the charity! Definitely will purchase again.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:53 am

It comes down to how much money you make / how much time you spend on fantasy football. If a $50 night out at the bar once a week doesn't bother you, and you play in more than one dynasty league, then I would get it. It's $20 for 1,700 pages. I don't read it all, but it kills time for me at work, and I enjoy reading about where he and I agree and disagree on prospects.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd