It's likely at least 2 more 1st round WR's from the 2015-2017 NFL draft classes will hit. But which ones?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: It's likely at least 2 more 1st round WR's from the 2015-2017 NFL draft classes will hit. But which ones?

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:27 pm

Does anyone know how Fitzpatrick's WR1 have done over the course of his career? While Parker's season was impressive considering he stunk for a long time...it also feels like Fitzmagic is able to turn someone into a viable receiving option while he's under center.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Re: It's likely at least 2 more 1st round WR's from the 2015-2017 NFL draft classes will hit. But which ones?

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:05 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:27 pm Does anyone know how Fitzpatrick's WR1 have done over the course of his career? While Parker's season was impressive considering he stunk for a long time...it also feels like Fitzmagic is able to turn someone into a viable receiving option while he's under center.
Fitz time with the Bills (2009-2012) coincided with Stevie Johnson's best years. His one year with Ten (2013) was Kendall Wright's career high of 94 catches 1k+ yds. His one year in Houston (2014) was Nuk. Jets (2015-2016) were Brandon Marshall & Eric Decker. Tampa (2017-2018) Mike Evans.

From my quick look the only year he has not supported a 1k WR is his first in Buffalo where he only played 8 games.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:14 am

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:27 pm Does anyone know how Fitzpatrick's WR1 have done over the course of his career? While Parker's season was impressive considering he stunk for a long time...it also feels like Fitzmagic is able to turn someone into a viable receiving option while he's under center.
He put it on Gilmore the last week of the season and Gilmore has been shutting people down, it was impressive.
@PlankMelody

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:20 am

Plank wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:14 am
He put it on Gilmore the last week of the season and Gilmore has been shutting people down, it was impressive.
I was not aware of that - appreciate it!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:44 am

Plank wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:14 am He put it on Gilmore the last week of the season and Gilmore has been shutting people down, it was impressive.
That's what I heard, just an interesting thought to know that the poster above kinda confirmed that Fitzmagic is able to turn water into wine wherever he's QBing.

- Has Parker truly turned the corner?
- If Fitz doesn't come back, will he be the same catching from Tua, etc?

Will be intriguing to follow and find out.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 am

Servo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:44 am
Plank wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:14 am He put it on Gilmore the last week of the season and Gilmore has been shutting people down, it was impressive.
That's what I heard, just an interesting thought to know that the poster above kinda confirmed that Fitzmagic is able to turn water into wine wherever he's QBing.

If you've watched Parker it's apparent he's turned into a beast. He is simply high pointing balls and coming down with every contested catch. He's turned the corner and will be a WR1 going forward if he can remain healthy, which is a big if.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:48 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 am
Servo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:44 am

If you've watched Parker it's apparent he's turned into a beast. He is simply high pointing balls and coming down with every contested catch. He's turned the corner and will be a WR1 going forward if he can remain healthy, which is a big if.
A fantasy WR1?

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:26 am

Yeah I sold parker in all leagues this past offseason, and I don’t regret it one bit. I’m not falling for the fools gold. I hope for his sake he can stay healthy, and if so i’m Sure he’ll produce good numbers, but they were just in shootouts every game this year with that atrocious defense and 0 run game. I think this year is Parker’s ceiling in terms of production. I wouldn’t pay for him simply because he won’t put up those kind of numbers again unless the dolphins perpetually suck under this new regime.
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:16 pm

^ If you’ve watched him play it’s not fools gold. Josh Gordon was and has been fool’s gold. If Parker stays healthy he is a top 12 WR. By the way, I was the first person in these forums to say Tyreek was the next AB. Book it.

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:30 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:16 pm ^ If you’ve watched him play it’s not fools gold. Josh Gordon was and has been fool’s gold. If Parker stays healthy he is a top 12 WR. By the way, I was the first person in these forums to say Tyreek was the next AB. Book it.
Haha dude I watched him play for the first 4 years of his career, and I truly wanted to believe he was the dude. If he puts up these kind of numbers again next year, I’ll make sure to follow all your recommendations lol.
Team 1
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:05 am

JohnnyBoyRoss wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:30 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:16 pm ^ If you’ve watched him play it’s not fools gold. Josh Gordon was and has been fool’s gold. If Parker stays healthy he is a top 12 WR. By the way, I was the first person in these forums to say Tyreek was the next AB. Book it.
Haha dude I watched him play for the first 4 years of his career, and I truly wanted to believe he was the dude. If he puts up these kind of numbers again next year, I’ll make sure to follow all your recommendations lol.
There really wasn’t much to watch prior to this year as he was barely on the field.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 am

I don't get your argument. Josh Gordon couldn't stay on the field. But had one of the best seasons ever when he did play. Now your argument is Parker was never on the field but now that he had one good season he's a WR1? I don't get it.

5th year breakout on a trash team that was always playing behind with a gunslinger QB on a team with minimal other receiving options. Sounds like the perfect situation to me. Not saying Parker is bad by any means though. They signed him to a decent deal so he should be a part of their plans moving forward. But WR1? Not buying it

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:31 am

Perriman could’ve arguably smashed 1000 yards if he didn’t only start 4 games, and wasn’t behind two great WR’s. His situation was tough behind Evans and Godwin but he showed a lot of talent and had great stats to end the season. I think the last 5 games he averaged .6 PPG less than MT (23) and totaled 25 receptions, 500 yards, and 5 TDs.

Ended with:

5-87-0
3-70-1
5-113-3
7-102-0
5-134-1

And he only started the last 4 games, which is pretty incredible.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:30 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 am
I don't get your argument. Josh Gordon couldn't stay on the field. But had one of the best seasons ever when he did play. Now your argument is Parker was never on the field but now that he had one good season he's a WR1? I don't get it.

5th year breakout on a trash team that was always playing behind with a gunslinger QB on a team with minimal other receiving options. Sounds like the perfect situation to me. Not saying Parker is bad by any means though. They signed him to a decent deal so he should be a part of their plans moving forward. But WR1? Not buying it
It wasn’t really an argument, it was more to say that Gordon was fools gold because it was obvious that he was unfortunately never going to be able to stay in the field despite his talent, and it was just in response to the other poster calling Parker fools gold, not comparing Parker to Gordon.

If you have watched a healthy Parker this year you saw a dominant WR who was beating man coverage week after week and a guy who played to the potential of his predraft scouting reports. This was just first year of really being healthy. I think his future production is tied to his health, which is by no means certain, but his talent is that of a WR1.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:31 am Perriman could’ve arguably smashed 1000 yards if he didn’t only start 4 games, and wasn’t behind two great WR’s. His situation was tough behind Evans and Godwin but he showed a lot of talent and had great stats to end the season. I think the last 5 games he averaged .6 PPG less than MT (23) and totaled 25 receptions, 500 yards, and 5 TDs.

Ended with:

5-87-0
3-70-1
5-113-3
7-102-0
5-134-1

And he only started the last 4 games, which is pretty incredible.
He had his chances all year though and played like complete garbage, up until the last couple of games apparently. I watched a lot of his targets earlier in the year and he was terrible.