Alshon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Alshon

Postby James McGhee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Does the possibility of Alshon missing training camp and possibly all of preseason (some reports go as far as today at there are concerns about his availability for Week 1) do anything to his value?

He finished a high end WR2 (.5 pt PPR) last season? Is it safe to assume that's his floor with mid WR1 his ceiling?
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Alshon

Postby mullmania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Sure hope so. I was trying to sell cooper in a contract league where his was up, no salaries just years, and sent an offer of Cooper for Alshon.

I think I might have even offered a late 2nd round pick as a bonus sweetner.

I got back my 1.09, Cooper, 2019 1st for Alshon.

He got the surgery announcement shortly after I laughed that off.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Alshon will be a fringe WR1/2 (WR10 - 14). Once Wentz and Alshon built some rapport and Alshon got the playbook down, he was a great WR to start. He's TD dependent to a degree, but that could be said about 75% of the top WRs. There isn't many that make it to the top 12 on yardage alone. So if I'm going to count on yardage, gimme the guy with 8-12TD potential on one the leagues best offenses.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Did Alshon play hurt last year? Why are people so high on him when he put up such a poor year despite a great situation? He was basically Dez Bryant last year and the same season somehow made Dez's value plummet and Alshon's go up.
Last edited by Vcize on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm Did Alshon play hurt last year? Why are people so high on him when he out up such a poor year despite a great situation? He was basically Dez Bryant past year and the same season somehow made Dez's value plummet and Alshon's go up.
Very good point.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm Did Alshon play hurt last year? Why are people so high on him when he out up such a poor year despite a great situation? He was basically Dez Bryant past year and the same season somehow made Dez's value plummet and Alshon's go up.
Yes, he suffered the injury in training camp and didn't have surgery until the offseason.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm Did Alshon play hurt last year? Why are people so high on him when he put up such a poor year despite a great situation? He was basically Dez Bryant last year and the same season somehow made Dez's value plummet and Alshon's go up.
The entire year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:44 pm

I think Alshon's numbers can increase, but he's a good sell high due to age. His dynasty value really won't get much higher. He's in the same light Demaryius Thomas has been the past few seasons, except less productive.

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:57 am

I sold my share and I definitely see last season of more of a ceiling than a floor. I think Wallace is better than Smith was and will wind up taking more work away from Alshon. We've had injury concerns with him for most of his career at this point and finding out that he was playing hurt is encouraging (that he can) but not encouraging that there was yet another injury.

Too many mouths in that offense (including the RBs) for him to ever be a true WR1, I could also see the Eagles adding a WR this draft with where they are sitting, they will go BPA and it could very well be a player like Chark or Moore if available.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:06 am

Once Alshon hit his stride he was good for 5/50/1 almost every game, and they continued to lean on him in the playoffs. I expect that to continue into next year. He's probably going to be a fringe WR1/2. The yardage doesn't seem to be there at the moment, but that could change if Philly changes their gameplan at all (especially if Wentz really becomes elite). He has a nice floor of catches and TDs, though, which makes him valuable. I'd be buying if I could get him for a first on a contender.

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:17 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:06 am Once Alshon hit his stride he was good for 5/50/1 almost every game, and they continued to lean on him in the playoffs. I expect that to continue into next year. He's probably going to be a fringe WR1/2. The yardage doesn't seem to be there at the moment, but that could change if Philly changes their gameplan at all (especially if Wentz really becomes elite). He has a nice floor of catches and TDs, though, which makes him valuable. I'd be buying if I could get him for a first on a contender.
Here's the problem with Alshon, 5/50 doesn't cut it in this day and age IF you don't get that td every game. In my .5 ppr league Duke Johnson outscored him by 18 points on the season and felt more consistent game to game. For a guy I'd probably be flexing, I need 10-15 points every week, not 0-25. I owned Alshon and found that I couldn't really feel comfortable starting him in any given week. There were definitely weeks he put up points that I didn't start him and went "oh well" but there were a lot more that I was happy I didn't. I don't particularly see that changing in the near future.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 am

sammyz wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:17 am
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:06 am Once Alshon hit his stride he was good for 5/50/1 almost every game, and they continued to lean on him in the playoffs. I expect that to continue into next year. He's probably going to be a fringe WR1/2. The yardage doesn't seem to be there at the moment, but that could change if Philly changes their gameplan at all (especially if Wentz really becomes elite). He has a nice floor of catches and TDs, though, which makes him valuable. I'd be buying if I could get him for a first on a contender.
Here's the problem with Alshon, 5/50 doesn't cut it in this day and age IF you don't get that td every game. In my .5 ppr league Duke Johnson outscored him by 18 points on the season and felt more consistent game to game. For a guy I'd probably be flexing, I need 10-15 points every week, not 0-25. I owned Alshon and found that I couldn't really feel comfortable starting him in any given week. There were definitely weeks he put up points that I didn't start him and went "oh well" but there were a lot more that I was happy I didn't. I don't particularly see that changing in the near future.
In my .5 PPR league, he put up 7.5+ points in 12/16 games, 10+ points in 8/16, and 15+ points in 5/16 (3 additional games with 13 points).

He finished the year as the #18 overall WR, despite a goose-egg in week 16, despite losing his QB in week 14, despite joining a new team & offense, and despite facing a murderer's row of CB's to start the season.

Nobody is valuing him as a top12 dynasty WR. But his price seems to be worth a mid-1st, somewhere in the #18 - 25 dynasty WR. For that value, I'll gladly buy a solid WR #2 in a great offense with a young, ascending QB.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:23 am

Alshon's efficiency was atrocious last year. Not a fan of anything but his situation.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:28 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 am He finished the year as the #18 overall WR, despite a goose-egg in week 16, despite losing his QB in week 14, despite joining a new team & offense, and despite facing a murderer's row of CB's to start the season.

Nobody is valuing him as a top12 dynasty WR. But his price seems to be worth a mid-1st, somewhere in the #18 - 25 dynasty WR. For that value, I'll gladly buy a solid WR #2 in a great offense with a young, ascending QB.
^This exactly. For some reason ppl keep thinking he did worse than he actually did. If you check consistentency rankings he was the 18th WR last season as well. Alshon was the definition of a high to mid WR2. No one is arguing he was a WR1.

*good point about his CB schedule, forgot that he had one of the harder ones amongst WRs.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:50 pm

Aside from playing injured all year, which disputes the "soft" label, he was also on a new team. WRs generally have a lower production initial season with new team. Dez (in response to earlier post) has declined while on the same team which kind of explains the trend in value difference.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton