Jerick Mckinnon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jerick Mckinnon

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 am

This is why you don't chase "lead backs" in dynasty. Injury or not, this was inevitable if you ask me.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:55 am

With the update on Coleman's contract - I think it is highly unlikely they move on from McKinnon this year.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm

So, as us 49ers fans tried to tell everyone, Mostert was just resigned. One of McKinnon or Breida are very likely gone now. McKinnon is a good cut candidate and Breida a good trade candidate.

If McKinnon is cut his value is in major flux and Breida’s stays solid as the 1B in SF.

If Breida is traded McKinnon’s value is a bit still in question but could be 1A or 1B in SF so good, and Breida’s is a total question mark depending on where he goes.

Trade target for the 49ers would be an X WR1, so whatever teams you can think of with one they might trade would be possible landing spot for Breida in a package trade.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby ericanadian » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm
So, as us 49ers fans tried to tell everyone, Mostert was just resigned. One of McKinnon or Breida are very likely gone now. McKinnon is a good cut candidate and Breida a good trade candidate.

If McKinnon is cut his value is in major flux and Breida’s stays solid as the 1B in SF.

If Breida is traded McKinnon’s value is a bit still in question but could be 1A or 1B in SF so good, and Breida’s is a total question mark depending on where he goes.

Trade target for the 49ers would be an X WR1, so whatever teams you can think of with one they might trade would be possible landing spot for Breida in a package trade.
It’s not all that uncommon to keep four RBs when one is a special teams guy and all it takes is one guy to get injured to make the solution an easy one.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm

It’s not all that uncommon to keep four RBs when one is a special teams guy and all it takes is one guy to get injured to make the solution an easy one.
+ a fullback?

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:38 pm

49ers will roster 3 RBs and a FB as they have, unless they change things up in a major way and open up another spot on the roster for an RB by going light at another position. Possibly WR if they think Coleman and/or McKinnon can fill in the slot 1/2 time? Maybe just carry two TEs and have Juszczyk(FB) full in as a blocking TE if need be? So it could happen that they carry all 4 but it is more likely they cut McKinnon or trade Breida at this point. Guess we’ll wait and see. Think I might try to buy Coleman for cheap right now as I think he is the most stable back in SF for the time being
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Hottoddies
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Elroypedro wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:58 pm
No. 49ers roster Kyle Juszczyk at FB. Leaves them 3 RB spots, unlike many/most teams that have 4. 1 of them right now is very likely to go to Raheem Mostert, who is a pretty good back, and the best STer on the roster. The other two are going to go to Coleman/Breida/McKinnon.

The cap hit doesn’t matter this year, Niners have plenty of room to work with. They probably wouldn’t mind saving the cash on McKinnon. They also are likely to cut McKinnon after this season because of his bloated contract and cap hit in 2020/2021 anyways.

I guess it’s probably:

1) cut McKinnon

2) trade Breida

3) cut Mostert and make Breida a STer

4) take a roster spot away from another position
I vote for option #4. When asked about rostering all of his RBs, Shanahan said, "I think we're in a situation right now, just looking at our roster, that I think it could make a lot of sense this year".
Megan Phelps' 4 rules of dialogue
1) Don't assume bad intent
2) Ask questions
3) Stay calm
4) Make the argument

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Looks like he’s been cut...
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex(RB/WR/TE)
12 team PPR with 11 Keepers/year
QB: M.Ryan, M.Stafford
RB: Gurley, J.Mixon, J.Conner, N.Chubb, Gio, M.Brown
WR: Julio, S.Diggs, AJG, DJ Clark, DK Metcalf, P.Williams
TE: M. Andrews, OJ Howard

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Hmm really?
I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

If true; it will be interesting if he lands somewhere that needs a pass catching RB.

Hottoddies
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:50 pm

KCLep20 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:43 pm
Looks like he’s been cut...
Source?

I highly doubt that this story is true?
2) Ask questions
3) Stay calm
4) Make the argument

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Not seeing anything confirming. He did have some cryptic tweet a few hours ago. Maybe just assuming based off that?
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, J. Driskel
RB- D. Cook, J. Jacobs, D. Freeman, J. McKinnon, D. Johnson, B. Scarbrough, Jo. Williams, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, K.Stills, C. Sutton, M. Brown, S. Miller, J. Watson, J. Doctson, Dez
TE- G. Kittle, C. Herndon, B. Watson
'20 Picks- 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

Hottoddies
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:57 pm
Not seeing anything confirming. He did have some cryptic tweet a few hours ago. Maybe just assuming based off that?
What did the tweet say?
2) Ask questions
3) Stay calm
4) Make the argument

Hottoddies
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Hottoddies wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:11 pm
Gtdano_14 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:57 pm
What did the tweet say?
Answer to my own question: "They prayed on my downfall just know that"
2) Ask questions
3) Stay calm
4) Make the argument

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:36 pm

The seventh seal has been opened. ^^^^^^
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:11 am

Kyle Juszczyk is a hybrid FB/TE/H-back. His presence is as likely to keep a TE at the bottom of that chart off the 53-man roster as an RB.

Including Kyle, the Niners had five nominal "running-backs" rostered at some points during the season last year: Breida, Morris, Mostert/Dayes, Wilson, Juszczyk.

That the Niners thought Dayes needed to be promoted from the practice-squad to replace Mostert when the latter went on IR shows that the Niners don't really think of Juszczyk as a running-back; they didn't consider him a viable option for taking significant snaps at the position in the event of more injuries. They wanted to keep him doing his "OW" work regardless of what might happen to the RBs.

It is plausible a nominal RB chart of Breida/Coleman/McKinnon/Mostert/Juszczyk could all make the 53-man roster. It's more questionable that they would all be active on gameday. Still possible, though. It would require having maybe only two TEs active (Kittle, Celek), or one less WR.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE