Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Guice ACL - Who Should Go 1.02?

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:33 pm

If you are not in need of immediate RB production and you're sold on Guice more than anyone else take him anyway. Or you could trade back to 1.03-1.04 and likely take him there. Or take Penny. I believe in DDs running back report and it graded Penny alongside Guice.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:33 pm If you are not in need of immediate RB production and you're sold on Guice more than anyone else take him anyway. Or you could trade back to 1.03-1.04 and likely take him there. Or take Penny. I believe in DDs running back report and it graded Penny alongside Guice.
You of anyone know how "being in need immediate RB production" can change quickly, I say he takes Penny if he thinks he's close to Guice. I am high on Rashaad, though, and he looked good last night.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Checker1183
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Checker1183 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm Penny before the injury and Penny after the injury for me.
This for me

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Guice torn ACL out for year. What's this do to his value in rookie drafts still to come?

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:11 pm
FFChamp wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:39 pm Didn't Gurley tear his ACL? I would say he is doing just fine.
Sure, but Gurley didn't miss any NFL time, and was a much better prospect. Guice will come back and play again, but he is still an unknown in the NFL, and he loses value right now, it is just the way it is. It's dynasty, you can hold him, I would. He's still young, but this still affects his current value.
Technically Gurley did miss the first 3 weeks of the 2015 season, and barely played Week IV.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Guice torn ACL out for year. What's this do to his value in rookie drafts still to come?

Postby thebeast » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Ugh. For a dynasty forum there are a lot of short term thinkers. RBs get injured. Go ahead, pick a guy with lesser talent and wait until he has an injury. Not many rbs make it through a career without a significant injury. This reminds me of when everyone sold Charles or AP after their acl tears, savvy owners scooped them up and reaped rewards, while over reactors lost. Tell me, what rb had an acl inury then had their talent decline?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:33 pm If you are not in need of immediate RB production and you're sold on Guice more than anyone else take him anyway. Or you could trade back to 1.03-1.04 and likely take him there. Or take Penny. I believe in DDs running back report and it graded Penny alongside Guice.
You of anyone know how "being in need immediate RB production" can change quickly, I say he takes Penny if he thinks he's close to Guice. I am high on Rashaad, though, and he looked good last night.
Lol that’s very true. I think Seattle in general will destroy the fantasy value of Penny for a portion of the season. So I wouldn’t rely on Penny. For me if nobody will trade up to 1.02 I would sit tight and take Penny.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm Ugh. For a dynasty forum there are a lot of short term thinkers. RBs get injured. Go ahead, pick a guy with lesser talent and wait until he has an injury. Not many rbs make it through a career without a significant injury. This reminds me of when everyone sold Charles or AP after their acl tears, savvy owners scooped them up and reaped rewards, while over reactors lost. Tell me, what rb had an acl inury then had their talent decline?
You are making an assumption. I don't think guys like Penny or Chubb are lesser talents. I had Guice at 1.04 post NFL draft. Had him in the same tier as Penny and Chubb pre draft, but preferred Penny's overall game more, and Chubb's vision I thought was better. I do not think Guice is a superior talent to them, never have. There is really no proof of it, it's all speculative, and a case can be built on either side that is just as strong.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:11 pm
FFChamp wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:39 pm Didn't Gurley tear his ACL? I would say he is doing just fine.
Sure, but Gurley didn't miss any NFL time, and was a much better prospect. Guice will come back and play again, but he is still an unknown in the NFL, and he loses value right now, it is just the way it is. It's dynasty, you can hold him, I would. He's still young, but this still affects his current value.
Technically Gurley did miss the first 3 weeks of the 2015 season, and barely played Week IV.
Yes, I realized this after I typed it, I meant no significant time.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 pm

How can people be offering drsft picks for him? Guice nor the pick can't play until next season anyways lol
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:35 pm

I wish all my drafts were post injury. I'd maybe have him on my teams now.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 pm
thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm Ugh. For a dynasty forum there are a lot of short term thinkers. RBs get injured. Go ahead, pick a guy with lesser talent and wait until he has an injury. Not many rbs make it through a career without a significant injury. This reminds me of when everyone sold Charles or AP after their acl tears, savvy owners scooped them up and reaped rewards, while over reactors lost. Tell me, what rb had an acl inury then had their talent decline?
You are making an assumption. I don't think guys like Penny or Chubb are lesser talents. I had Guice at 1.04 post NFL draft. Had him in the same tier as Penny and Chubb pre draft. I do not think Guice is a superior talent to them, never have. There is really no proof of it, it's all speculative, and a case can be built on either side that is just as strong.
That is a different scenario. If you had him as your 1.02 you should still have him there unless you had him neck and neck with Penny, Chubb, or another prospect.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:39 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 pm
You are making an assumption. I don't think guys like Penny or Chubb are lesser talents. I had Guice at 1.04 post NFL draft. Had him in the same tier as Penny and Chubb pre draft. I do not think Guice is a superior talent to them, never have. There is really no proof of it, it's all speculative, and a case can be built on either side that is just as strong.
That is a different scenario. If you had him as your 1.02 you should still have him there unless you had him neck and neck with Penny, Chubb, or another prospect.
Right, I agree not to drop him down and take an inferior talent, but if you have a guy in the same tier valued equally, you go with the healthy guy.

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 pm

DJ moore

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 pm

fruity pebbles wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 pm DJ moore
Haha I'm actually not opposed this. He has the least amount of warts of the remaining rookies after Barkley.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 pm
fruity pebbles wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 pm DJ moore
Haha I'm actually not opposed this. He has the least amount of warts of the remaining rookies after Barkley.
Didn't he do his damage against 2nd and 3rd teamers? I like DJ as a prospect, but curious about who he put his numbers up against.