General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Release the Guice!

Postby mild » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:17 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:58 pm
mild wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:51 pm I really disagree, not that I really care what they do. I don't think AP just takes a seat on the bench all game.
I'd ask for your reasoning, but really I'm just going to quote you when AP splits snaps with him next week.
I don't feel strongly either way, but it is noteworthy that in the only game Guice was active this season (week 1) Peterson was a healthy inactive.
My apologies to the Freak on that one - I misread his reply, thinking he was saying Guice and AP *wouldn't* split snaps. I think everyone here can agree they're going to see what they have, and let Guice have some carries.

Not to go against my own argument - but it's worth noting that this is not the same coaching staff that de-activated AP. On the other hand, they want to run the ball as much as possible to take the load off Haskins. And... I just think Guice has more juice. He's going to be anxious to finally prove something at the NFL level, considering he's had about the worst luck possible so far.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:32 pm

mild wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:17 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:58 pm
mild wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:01 pm

I'd ask for your reasoning, but really I'm just going to quote you when AP splits snaps with him next week.
I don't feel strongly either way, but it is noteworthy that in the only game Guice was active this season (week 1) Peterson was a healthy inactive.
My apologies to the Freak on that one - I misread his reply, thinking he was saying Guice and AP *wouldn't* split snaps. I think everyone here can agree they're going to see what they have, and let Guice have some carries.

Not to go against my own argument - but it's worth noting that this is not the same coaching staff that de-activated AP. On the other hand, they want to run the ball as much as possible to take the load off Haskins. And... I just think Guice has more juice. He's going to be anxious to finally prove something at the NFL level, considering he's had about the worst luck possible so far.
All good man. Appreciate it. It happens. Means a lot to admit you made a mistake and misread something, and own up to it :thumbup:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:16 pm

And finally - some vindication and signs of life!

Dah Guice is nice :)

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Didn't see his runs but saw the TD. Looked good. Glad he's healthy and able to produce.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Great to see production today.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:13 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:13 am
ninotoreS wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:41 am Next few weeks are crucial for Guice in dynasty, in my opinion. Regardless of how his touches are split with the other backs, Guice needs to ball out with whatever he's given to discourage Synder from taking another RB on Day 1 or 2. Odds are stacked against Guice, running behind a bad O-line, with a bad defense hurting the offense's time of possession, and a rookie QB that probably won't do much to discourage box stacking. :(
I would think the Redskins would look to address other problems day 1 or day 2. The offensive line is trash. They need a receiver to pair with McLaurin. I would think they’re moving on from Reed at some point. Probably time to move on from Norman at CB as well. I would think they’re much more likely to bring in an FA like they did with Peterson.
they traded their 2nd and AP is still under contract next year. love and maybe? thompson will battle for the 3rd down role next year. I am taking bets against any significant draft capital competition being brought in.

kvothe34
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kvothe34 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Gotta think they go with someone for the o-line in round one since Williams will be gone. Maybe even trade back a bit if there isn't one worth taking in the top 5 picks. If this draft is as offensively deep as people seem to think it will be, they can grab a WR in rounds 2-3 and a TE in rounds 3-4 if they really want. I can't see them using significant draft capital on an RB when they have a still functioning AP and high upside Guice on the team (assuming he finishes the year healthy), along with thompson. Maybe they grab a late round RB as an emergency option, but that's about it.
Team 1 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Rivers
RB: Mixon, Guice, Duke J, McCoy
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Allen, Hilton, AJ Brown, Crowder, Diontae, Johnson, Sanders
TE: Andrews, Davis

Team 2 .75 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Def)
QB: Garappolo, Flacco
RB: Kamara, Edwards, Pollard
WR: Ridley, Kirk, Pettis, Cambell, Whiteside
TE: Ertz, Davis

Team 3 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins
RB: Cook, Mack, Cohen, Ingram, David Johnson, Bernard, Hill, Smallwood
WR: Allen, Diggs, Hilton, Woods, Jeffrey, Crowder, Harry
TE: Ertz, Olsen, Davis

Team 4 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Ryan, Cousins, Flacco
RB: Cook, Cohen, Johnson, Ingram
WR: Evans, Cooper, Diggs, Woods, Jeffrey, Jones
TE: Ertz, Thomas

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:24 pm

OL is obviously a need, but as the highest projected draft pick among teams that won't be going QB (unless they Rosen Haskins) the pick is Chase Young Ohio State DE. The dude is special and easily the best non-QB in the draft if not best regardless of position.

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:45 pm

I didn’t catch the game. The box score looks good though. One long run or a few chunk plays?
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:54 pm

zoster80 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:45 pm I didn’t catch the game. The box score looks good though. One long run or a few chunk plays?
One 60 yarder. Had a few more decent ones, too. So did AP. In general, the Redskins mauled the Panthers in the run game, and both backs did a good job of exploiting it. Guice looked good, so did AP. Talent was never the question, health is.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:54 pm
zoster80 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:45 pm I didn’t catch the game. The box score looks good though. One long run or a few chunk plays?
One 60 yarder. Had a few more decent ones, too. So did AP. In general, the Redskins mauled the Panthers in the run game, and both backs did a good job of exploiting it. Guice looked good, so did AP. Talent was never the question, health is.
And it really does look like he might finally be back.

I saw the best bits on Redzone. He ran angry out there. Highly enjoyable.

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 pm

He clearly had a good game and looked powerful but he doesn’t look quick to me. I didn’t watch him much in college, was he ever considered quick?
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 pm

ckrumm24 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 pm He clearly had a good game and looked powerful but he doesn’t look quick to me. I didn’t watch him much in college, was he ever considered quick?
I remember studying him before I drafted him. Everything I read said he's fast enough and elusive enough to get by, but those aren't his strengths. He's more of a power guy, but can make guys miss and has homerun speed.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:22 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 pm
ckrumm24 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 pm He clearly had a good game and looked powerful but he doesn’t look quick to me. I didn’t watch him much in college, was he ever considered quick?
I remember studying him before I drafted him. Everything I read said he's fast enough and elusive enough to get by, but those aren't his strengths. He's more of a power guy, but can make guys miss and has homerun speed.
I always thought of him to be a very strong dynamic runner. He definitely has above average speed and quicks though too. Hoping we get to see him full steam ahead next year, he looked really good today.

From my rb report;

Not a very patient runner. If he is immature, it shows up in his running style. Has a fast reckless playstyle that’s pleasing to the eye but maybe not the most efficient. Susceptible to big hits when he’s constantly pin balling off defenders. Can get low to gain leverage. Gives effort as a pass blocker although needs work, can square up and block defenders IF he gets in front of them. Good lower body strength. Can plant and change direction but loses some speed at times whereas Penny does not. Did not have much room to run. Capable pass-catcher, catches with hands. Great initial burst, good long speed. Good balance to stay on his feet through contact.

Best Comparison
Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:09 pm

Can we rename this thread to:

So Nice, You Say It Guice?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.