General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Release the Guice!

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:20 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:05 pm
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:52 pm
thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:41 pm Drop him? This is dynasty folks. He is young and talented. See Kareem Hunt. Drop him? Come on.
This seems worse than Hunt to me, going off that he was immediately cut and is being accused of multiple accounts of battery, including a felony for strangulation. I'd also not that hunt had already accomplished a ton prior to his ban.

But I get what you are saying. I'll definitely hold until there are more details
Yeah, I get it but this is reactionary without a lot of facts right now. Innocent until proven guilty right? I get why WFT releases him, but they have also shown they have poor judgement as an organization. Don’t get me wrong, this may all be as bad, or worse than, it seems. But my advice is to let it play out. There may be other shades to this story.
I don't think any organization is releasing a player without knowing the facts.

I definitely can see him being a drop in some leagues. He's done nothing in the NFL and his ceiling is now capped by injury and character. You can find committee backs in any rookie draft with less questions.

Some will hold because they're going to continue hoping for upside that's not going to happen anymore, like those that held on to Josh Gordon for 7 years.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:37 pm

Well crap. There goes that.

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Figures !! I was just getting ready to package him in a deal..........
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:20 pm

This seems worse than Hunt to me, going off that he was immediately cut and is being accused of multiple accounts of battery, including a felony for strangulation. I'd also not that hunt had already accomplished a ton prior to his ban.

But I get what you are saying. I'll definitely hold until there are more details
Yeah, I get it but this is reactionary without a lot of facts right now. Innocent until proven guilty right? I get why WFT releases him, but they have also shown they have poor judgement as an organization. Don’t get me wrong, this may all be as bad, or worse than, it seems. But my advice is to let it play out. There may be other shades to this story.
I don't think any organization is releasing a player without knowing the facts.

The Redskins did not release him right away. They informed him he was relieved from team activities while they reviewed the situation. They clearly felt there was enough there to release him immediately following their investigation.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:59 pm

Kareem Hunt, Plaxico Burress, Michael Vick, were all productive before their legal issues. Guice hasn't proven anything in the NFL so I wouldnt say it's a lock he ever plays again.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:12 pm

MFundercover wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:59 pm Kareem Hunt, Plaxico Burress, Michael Vick, were all productive before their legal issues. Guice hasn't proven anything in the NFL so I wouldnt say it's a lock he ever plays again.
Agreed.

I had a friendly bet with a long time poster/League mate of mine about who would have the better career, Guice or Penny. This is not the way I envisioned it going. I guess Penny wins by default so far. :lol:

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:06 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:38 pm Put a fork in him, he’s done, imo.
Yep. I guess those who thought he fell in the draft due to character/immaturity issues, and that he was "sabotaged" will have to eat it on this one. Sounds like there were 3 incidents.

Come on Bryce Love!

I find the thread title strangely ironic, too, BTW.
Yeah, the title is definitely ironic and I never fully bought into him, for various reasons. Definitely talented though but I don’t like his chances to come back from this, just the way WFT handled the situation, it seems like they must have gotten a lot of info that was really bad.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:20 pm

This is obviously not good for Guice or his owners (I have him on 2/3 teams, sadly), but the fact that Washington dropped him doesn’t necessarily make it worse, imo. Keep in mind that they haven’t exactly had the best publicity lately. After finally (begrudgingly) changing their racist name, they immediately had to deal with the Washington Post article about rampant sexual misconduct, so they’re on a really short leash in the court of public opinion. They really had no choice but to cut ties, I think.

From a strictly callous fantasy perspective, any chance of him getting another shot is probably entirely dependent on whether there’s any video evidence of his alleged crimes. Tyreek broke a toddler’s arm and was suspended 0 games, but we all remember what happened to Hunt and Ray Rice after video evidence surfaced.

From a human perspective, I really hope against hope that these allegations are false, but if they’re true, I hope he goes away long enough that his football career is over.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:26 pm

M-Dub wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:20 pm This is obviously not good for Guice or his owners (I have him on 2/3 teams, sadly), but the fact that Washington dropped him doesn’t necessarily make it worse, imo. Keep in mind that they haven’t exactly had the best publicity lately. After finally (begrudgingly) changing their racist name, they immediately had to deal with the Washington Post article about rampant sexual misconduct, so they’re on a really short leash in the court of public opinion. They really had no choice but to cut ties, I think.

From a strictly callous fantasy perspective, any chance of him getting another shot is probably entirely dependent on whether there’s any video evidence of his alleged crimes. Tyreek broke a toddler’s arm and was suspended 0 games, but we all remember what happened to Hunt and Ray Rice after video evidence surfaced.

From a human perspective, I really hope against hope that these allegations are false, but if they’re true, I hope he goes away long enough that his football career is over.
I would argue it does, as now he has to find his way onto another NFL team, which is far more problematic for him than if the Skins had kept him. Unless, as you state later, that he is totally cleared beyond a shadow of a doubt, because if he's not, it's not going to be worth it to most teams and the backlash they would most likely get.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:33 pm

I'm stunned - don't believe he had any violent/criminal question marks coming into the league (just that one coach he may have argued with at the combine interviews over inappropriate questions, or whatever that actually was - we'll never know), and nothing since aside from injuries.

If anything, all I've seen is him out in the community being absolutely great to fans all the time.

Such a disappointment, what a disaster. In every way.

Fantasy-wise, really don't want to hold him for much longer, if at all. I get the point that WFT is an exponential dumpster fire that had to cut him right away, but even still, this is closer to a Josh Gordon-type of roster headache, if even that, than anybody. Hunt at least resurfaced as a role player, but not sure that happens here.

Ok, time to yell the F-word a few more times to get this out of my system. Horrible, all around.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:49 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:33 pm I'm stunned - don't believe he had any violent/criminal question marks coming into the league (just that one coach he may have argued with at the combine interviews over inappropriate questions, or whatever that actually was - we'll never know), and nothing since aside from injuries.

If anything, all I've seen is him out in the community being absolutely great to fans all the time.

Such a disappointment, what a disaster. In every way.

Fantasy-wise, really don't want to hold him for much longer, if at all. I get the point that WFT is an exponential dumpster fire that had to cut him right away, but even still, this is closer to a Josh Gordon-type of roster headache, if even that, than anybody. Hunt at least resurfaced as a role player, but not sure that happens here.

Ok, time to yell the F-word a few more times to get this out of my system. Horrible, all around.
Amen

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:11 pm

Supposedly Guice had injured his knee again, prior to his arrest. Per Rappaport.

http://dcsportsking.com/2020/08/07/repo ... ce-arrest/

Suiken
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Suiken » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:52 pm

MFundercover wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:38 pm Guice was already dropped in my league. I might try and scoop him up for 0% faab. Idk if hes even worth that though.
He is worth a roster spot if you pay nothing for him. Unless he goes to jail another team will pick him up.
12 Team, Half PPR (1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex)
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, W. Levis
RB: J. Taylor, T. Pollard, K. Herbert, J. Ford
WR: N. Collins, Q. Johnston, C. Godwin, J. Meyers, G. Pickens, J. Palmer, E. Moore, B. Cooks, M. Thomas, M. Mims, A. Pierce, J. Tolbert
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:53 pm

Suiken wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:52 pm
MFundercover wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:38 pm Guice was already dropped in my league. I might try and scoop him up for 0% faab. Idk if hes even worth that though.
He is worth a roster spot if you pay nothing for him. Unless he goes to jail another team will pick him up.
I'm not so sure that's true. 3 counts of DV, including one strangulation. Unless the charges are dropped/dismissed. Plus, he hurt his knee again. He may not even be healthy enough to play.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suiken
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Suiken » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:54 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:41 pm Drop him? This is dynasty folks. He is young and talented. See Kareem Hunt. Drop him? Come on.

Agree 100%. If you are already invested in him, you might as well see how it plays out. If you can grab him for nothing off the waiver, he is worth stashing at least until we find out more details.
12 Team, Half PPR (1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex)
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, W. Levis
RB: J. Taylor, T. Pollard, K. Herbert, J. Ford
WR: N. Collins, Q. Johnston, C. Godwin, J. Meyers, G. Pickens, J. Palmer, E. Moore, B. Cooks, M. Thomas, M. Mims, A. Pierce, J. Tolbert
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett