Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Release the Guice!

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Once more unto the breach! :thumbup:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm

I have my doubts AP just goes to the bench. He's playing well and helping their young QB. Haskins development is probably more important than giving Guice the reins at RB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:05 am

mild wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:34 am
CGW wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:22 am Williams is back, but he has already stated he won't be playing (stupid move on his part.) He reportedly complained about discomfort when putting on his helmet and failed his physical. Apparently his agent sucks terribly, as there would have been many other ways to fake an injury that would be substantially more beneficial to him - allowing him to count 2019 as an eligible season.
Good lord man. Where is your sense of human compassion? Nobody cares about your fantasy team, nor your team-humping stance. We should all be pro-labour in here, given that it is the athletes that truly give us the NFL by entertaining us and putting their bodies on the line every week.

Here's a fun brain exercise for you: pretend you discover a lump on your head, and you ask your employer to check it out for you via their healthcare service. You are told it's not a big deal and that further action and surgery is not needed. You find out its life-threatening cancer 6 years later, and proceed to escape death by the thinnest of margins.

Think you'd give a damn about making the employer happy after that? I think not. Think you'd trust them and risk your health for them in a dangerous profession that REQUIRES medical culpability and accuracy more than any other sport? Nah. I wouldn't either.

This will go to the grievances tribunal, and is going to get much messier still from here. He has played his last down as a Deadskin - if that angers you, get over it.
All that sounds good but the reality is the Redskins organization has requested the NFL and NFLPA convene a joint committee to review the medical records and care given to Williams.

IMO it is better to withhold judgement until the complete story is really out there. I doubt the team would go public in asking for this review unless there was another side to the story.

With my decades in the healthcare industry there are a few truths to consider that I have witnessed.

1) Doctors make mistakes
2) Patients make mistakes and don't listen or get 2nd opinions.
3) Neither are hoping for some malicious outcome by the other.
4) Blame is an easy human conditions much like human error.

If you're blaming the Redskins medical staff completely when the player wasn't around then Williams had a responsibility to seek more advice. Additionally, my strong guess is that any cyst would be tested at a lab to determine if it was an aggressive form of malignant cancer or a benign cyst. If there was a mistake it could have been lab generated as but one of many examples.

Until the medical case is actually reviewed then withholding judgement is a better course of action as opposed to taking sides with extremely limited information. The timing of 6 years in reality makes little sense.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:36 am

Excited to see Guice back. There's still hope for the guy

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:42 am

I'm guessing they will ease Guice back in and hope to have him healthy for 2020. Then again, they will want to see what they've got so he will surely get touches.

Last time they split carries, AP didn't respond too well. He was a healthy scratch and rumoured to be waived. Obviously things have changed, but how well will AP do when he's not featured again?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:05 am All that sounds good but the reality is the Redskins organization has requested the NFL and NFLPA convene a joint committee to review the medical records and care given to Williams.

IMO it is better to withhold judgement until the complete story is really out there. I doubt the team would go public in asking for this review unless there was another side to the story.
It is a brave man (some might say a foolhardy man) that goes to bat for the Redskins medical staff, or indeed, organisation in general. RG3, Alex Smith, Derrius Guice, Trent Williams, and so many more... would probably like a word.

Here we have a player that was so incensed by his treatment by them that he is willing to give up MILLIONS in game checks, and the pleasure of playing the game he loves - just to get away from their toxicity and poor management.

I look forward to the full story coming out.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Would not be surprised at all to see more health issues this year. Dudes always gotta scratch and claw to come back from ACL unless you're AP (See Dalvin Cook last year). May present another buy low window in January. Hoping for the best though.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:06 pm Would not be surprised at all to see more health issues this year. Dudes always gotta scratch and claw to come back from ACL unless you're AP (See Dalvin Cook last year). May present another buy low window in January. Hoping for the best though.
I think the silver lining in the meniscus cleanup is the ACL should now be 100% healed.

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:56 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:06 pm Would not be surprised at all to see more health issues this year. Dudes always gotta scratch and claw to come back from ACL unless you're AP (See Dalvin Cook last year). May present another buy low window in January. Hoping for the best though.
I think the silver lining in the meniscus cleanup is the ACL should now be 100% healed.
I think he went to IR to be safe. How many other cases of meniscus cleanup go to IR? I can't think it is a lot. I'm pretty sure the average time out for a meniscus scope is like 3-4 weeks. DK Metcalf had a knee scope in mid August and was ready by week 1. Granted, he doesn't seem human either.

I believe in his talent. That being said, I really hope they ease him in and make sure he is in fact 100% this year since it is a lost year anyways. He is still only 22.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 pm

BucFanJKE wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm
I think he went to IR to be safe. How many other cases of meniscus cleanup go to IR? I can't think it is a lot. I'm pretty sure the average time out for a meniscus scope is like 3-4 weeks. DK Metcalf had a knee scope in mid August and was ready by week 1. Granted, he doesn't seem human either.

I believe in his talent. That being said, I really hope they ease him in and make sure he is in fact 100% this year since it is a lost year anyways. He is still only 22.
I think I'd read that there's two main types of meniscus surgeries. The one that takes 3-4 weeks to come back from is the "trim" where they remove a piece that's impeding movement/causing pain. The other is a "repair" where they try to stitch the torn meniscus back together to improve mobility. That one takes longer to come back from, so I'm guessing that Guice had the "repair" version of the surgery based on the timetable.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 pm
BucFanJKE wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm

I think I'd read that there's two main types of meniscus surgeries. The one that takes 3-4 weeks to come back from is the "trim" where they remove a piece that's impeding movement/causing pain. The other is a "repair" where they try to stitch the torn meniscus back together to improve mobility. That one takes longer to come back from, so I'm guessing that Guice had the "repair" version of the surgery based on the timetable.
That could be accurate. The only time I ever personally dealt with a meniscus injury it involved more of my knee being destroyed. LCL, PCL, MCL and radially split my meniscus in half. It sucked.
Team 1-
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-

WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm

BucFanJKE wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm That could be accurate. The only time I ever personally dealt with a meniscus injury it involved more of my knee being destroyed. LCL, PCL, MCL and radially split my meniscus in half. It sucked.
Man, that's rough! Hope they were able to do a good job getting you back up and running. Sounds like an injury that would end an NFL payers career for sure.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm
BucFanJKE wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm That could be accurate. The only time I ever personally dealt with a meniscus injury it involved more of my knee being destroyed. LCL, PCL, MCL and radially split my meniscus in half. It sucked.
Man, that's rough! Hope they were able to do a good job getting you back up and running. Sounds like an injury that would end an NFL payers career for sure.
It's definitely never going to be the same. Was non weight bearing for 12 weeks. It took some time to recover from for sure. I had no idea how much it was jacked. I jumped up and down and tried stretching it out when it happened (I was playing football). I even caught another pass that night but I couldn't run just jog so I went down when someone got near me. lol. The next morning when I couldn't walk I knew something was up.
Team 1-
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm out...sold for a mid-late 20 1st today. I love Guice the college prospect, but his NFL debut has gone about as poorly as it could. Now, that said, don't get me wrong, I don't think he has had any catastrophic injuries, but they're notable enough, and even more of a concern, is how poorly the Redskins organization is being run. From the Trent Williams medical woes, the Dwayne Haskins/Gruden drama, and just overall GM/Owner debauchery...I had to get out. I still think Guice is talented, but I don't think he's in a good situation, and i'm worried about the medical team botching his career. Basically, I don't think Guice will ever reach his potential, and mostly due to the Redskins being a hot mess.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:41 am

Next few weeks are crucial for Guice in dynasty, in my opinion. Regardless of how his touches are split with the other backs, Guice needs to ball out with whatever he's given to discourage Synder from taking another RB on Day 1 or 2. Odds are stacked against Guice, running behind a bad O-line, with a bad defense hurting the offense's time of possession, and a rookie QB that probably won't do much to discourage box stacking. :(
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE