Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Release the guice

Postby Generic Username » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Is this not similar to Dalvin Cook now? Obviously didn’t get to showcase much rookie season, but still highly sought after rookie in dynasty and NFL. Year 2 comes with same promise as rookie season, supposedly healed up from ACL injury, but no. Year 3 is looking good for Dalvin so far and hopefully the extended recovery time is what helped. He got labeled injury prone during the process and Guice is now as well. I’d “buy low” anywhere I could, personally; if you can pry away from frustrated owner for RB2/3 price, purchase

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Generic Username wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 pm Is this not similar to Dalvin Cook now? Obviously didn’t get to showcase much rookie season, but still highly sought after rookie in dynasty and NFL. Year 2 comes with same promise as rookie season, supposedly healed up from ACL injury, but no. Year 3 is looking good for Dalvin so far and hopefully the extended recovery time is what helped. He got labeled injury prone during the process and Guice is now as well. I’d “buy low” anywhere I could, personally; if you can pry away from frustrated owner for RB2/3 price, purchase
Not really. Dalvin produced when on the field. Guice hasn't even really seen the field, and the one game he did he didn't produce. 2 knee surgeries is not good in very limited action, and he's also not considered to have the same abilty as a receiver that Dalvin does.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 pm
Generic Username wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 pm Is this not similar to Dalvin Cook now? Obviously didn’t get to showcase much rookie season, but still highly sought after rookie in dynasty and NFL. Year 2 comes with same promise as rookie season, supposedly healed up from ACL injury, but no. Year 3 is looking good for Dalvin so far and hopefully the extended recovery time is what helped. He got labeled injury prone during the process and Guice is now as well. I’d “buy low” anywhere I could, personally; if you can pry away from frustrated owner for RB2/3 price, purchase
Not really. Dalvin produced when on the field. Guice hasn't even really seen the field, and the one game he did he didn't produce. 2 knee surgeries is not good in very limited action, and he's also not considered to have the same abilty as a receiver that Dalvin does.
There are definitely some similarities and a few differences.

Honestly, thanks for the Dalvin Cook comparison... I'm doubling-down on holding for 2020.
Last edited by DLF3000 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:50 pm

I think it's a good time to buy low, but I don't see the Dalvin Cook comp outside of the injuries.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm

I was listening to dynasty nerds and one of them said that he was droppable and that he had been for months. Maybe in a six team league with position restrictions and very short benches. I don’t think I took it out of context. That’s kind of an unsubscribe take I think.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Huh wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm I was listening to dynasty nerds and one of them said that he was droppable and that he had been for months. Maybe in a six team league with position restrictions and very short benches. I don’t think I took it out of context. That’s kind of an unsubscribe take I think.
They're extreme, very weird opinions sometimes.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm
Huh wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm I was listening to dynasty nerds and one of them said that he was droppable and that he had been for months. Maybe in a six team league with position restrictions and very short benches. I don’t think I took it out of context. That’s kind of an unsubscribe take I think.
I mean you can dislike him, but I doubt a single person in this forum would give him up for less than a late second. To outright drop him ...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 pm

And even if you do feel he's droppable you have to know someone would be willing to give you a 2nd round pick for him, that's just throwing value out the window

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Huh wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm
I mean you can dislike him, but I doubt a single person in this forum would give him up for less than a late second. To outright drop him ...
Hot happening
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Dalvin Cook:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_ ... alvin-cook

Derrius Guice:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_ ... rius-guice

These two are not similar.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some dynasty owners go to prop up their guys. Even spinning yet another knee injury as a positive in this thread. Madness. It's always so easy to see when it isn't your guy...... and then I look at my signature.....

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm

absurd. they also said derrick henry was useless and not to draft marquise brown within the first 2 rounds of your rookie draft.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm
absurd. they also said derrick henry was useless and not to draft marquise brown within the first 2 rounds of your rookie draft.
And people listen to this? Why?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:32 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm
And people listen to this? Why?
Just be glad that they do? :shh:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:33 pm Dalvin Cook:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_ ... alvin-cook

Derrius Guice:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_ ... rius-guice

These two are not similar.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some dynasty owners go to prop up their guys. Even spinning yet another knee injury as a positive in this thread. Madness. It's always so easy to see when it isn't your guy...... and then I look at my signature.....
Similar enough situations, not so much player types or stats.

Not to mention you won't get anything worthwhile for him in trades now after two straight years of major injury. Unless you trade for other massive injury busts too, maybe like Hunter Henry? Who knows.

He rides my pine this year, and when the Crapskins are slightly less terrible next year, I roll him out then. Unless he's still broken, in which case I'm moving on.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Guice to IR.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick