Rookie synopsis - the wide receivers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rookie synopsis - the wide receivers

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:15 am

Ghosted wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:14 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 pm This is awesome, thanks so much!

For now:

Sutton
Ridley
DJ Moore
ESB
Washington
-
Gallup
A Miller
Chark
Kirk
Cobbs
Pettis
Ateman
Nice, I thought I might be kind of on an island with Moore. I'm starting to find out there are actually quite a few that like him, though. I really wanted to like Chark, but I feel like he has little chance at his size and couldn't put him in my top 10.

What are some of the things you liked about St. Brown?
Yeah DJ Moore has really grown on me. I'm thinking he is what we thought Christian Kirk would be.

As for ESB, he just looks like so much more than a big body with some athleticism. He looks smooth, I like how he runs and attacks the ball, and I think he has decent enough footwork to work the middle some, too.

In terms of big body WRs, I think he's closer to Sutton than he is to the Tates and Atemans of this clas.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:45 am

benpickering44 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:57 pm
Ghosted wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:06 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:15 pm

If we're going based on market share, then qb play is irrelevant. That poor qb play affects every other receiver on bama, not just Ridley. 35% production is above average, but 23 year old players should be in at least the 80th percentile of market share production, not the 65th.

Sure, maybe his bmi suprises me, but he played in the slot in college, while being significantly older than his competition. Very rarely do you see un-dominant slot receivers suddenly become efficient X receivers at the NFL level.

I would comfortably have DJ Moore, Auden Tate, James Washington, Courtland Sutton, and Tre'Quan Smith ahead of Ridley, with Michael Gallup and DJ Chark being very close.
I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but this just isn't true. There is much more opportunity created by air yards by Ridley that were negatively influenced by poor QB play due to his depth of target (and route).

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, because I don't want to make this a Ridley thread. But thanks for the view point; it's what I was hoping this thread would create.
what?

You are essentially implying that Ridley's market share was negatively impacted by his qb. Now, let's imagine that instead of Jalen Hurtz passing the ball to Alabama receivers, it was a different and better quarterback. This better and more accurate quarterback would not have increased the market share that Calvin Ridley got, because market share = Ridley's total yards / his offenses total yards. He would have improved the counting stats of every receiver equally, therefore meaning that Ridley's market share would remain the same.
Except that he wouldn't have, because not all targets are created equally. aDOT and aDOR play a major role. There are other factors, too. How does the QB's strengths and the receiver's strengths mesh? That increases efficiency. How is the offense tailored? That increases opportunity. That sort of thing. Hurts struggled at pushing the ball down the field. Ridley excelled at getting open down the field. Pretty easy correlation to highlight.
Last edited by Ghosted on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:15 am
Ghosted wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:14 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 pm This is awesome, thanks so much!

For now:

Sutton
Ridley
DJ Moore
ESB
Washington
-
Gallup
A Miller
Chark
Kirk
Cobbs
Pettis
Ateman
Nice, I thought I might be kind of on an island with Moore. I'm starting to find out there are actually quite a few that like him, though. I really wanted to like Chark, but I feel like he has little chance at his size and couldn't put him in my top 10.

What are some of the things you liked about St. Brown?
Yeah DJ Moore has really grown on me. I'm thinking he is what we thought Christian Kirk would be.

As for ESB, he just looks like so much more than a big body with some athleticism. He looks smooth, I like how he runs and attacks the ball, and I think he has decent enough footwork to work the middle some, too.

In terms of big body WRs, I think he's closer to Sutton than he is to the Tates and Atemans of this clas.
I agree with Moore and Kirk. I've owned Kirk for a few years in devy. Really wanted him to develop more.

As for St. Brown, I really do like his on-field athleticism (like you). I just wish he used his size advantage more. He's got the measurables, but you have to be really special to be successful in the NFL at 6'5 or taller it seems. Worth noting that Miller had him as the second to last pick in the 7th round in his last mock.

Good take though. Something to watch for when I re-watch these guys after the draft.