Kirk Cousins Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kirk Cousins

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 am Everyone is saying Eli Manning is a great fit for JAX, but I think they would rather have a younger guy and nab Cousins if they can. DEN seems rumored to be very interested in Cousins, and I'd like that a lot if he had a good defense and Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders to throw to. Also, while unlikely, it'd be very interesting if MIN didn't re-sign any of their three QBs and went after Cousins. The only way I could see that happening though is if MIN got bounced out of the playoffs early as a result of Case Keenum's sub-par play.
I'm with you. I think Jax or Denver.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

RBlivesmatter
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RBlivesmatter » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:47 am

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:02 pm Arizona?

Edit: jk already said. I think it would be amazing to have cousins in AZ because there are an Online and QB away from playoffs imo. They can also buy a WR this year to pair with him.

They have 30M once palmer retires, and could have another 15M if Fitz hangs it up too
If Kirk goes to az you’d think fitz plays next year, right

*hopeful thinking don’t want him to retire yet
Team1 est2017
10 team QB3WR2RBTE2FLX
QB- Rivers, Mariota, Jimmy G, Rosen
RB- Gurley, Hunt, Drake, Henry, Howard, RoJo, McKinnon, ware, Ajayi
WR- Cooks, Jarvis, Miller, Kirk, Shepard, Patrick
TE- Reed, Eifert, Gesicki, Herndon
2019: 2.6 2.7 3.1

Team2 est2018
8 team PPR - 2QB3WR3RBTE2FLX
QB- Wilson, Cousins, Rosen, Allen, Foles
RB- Melvin, Shady, Howard, D.Freeman, Edwards, Collins, Duke, Coleman, Gore, Hunt, ekeler
WR- MT, Tate, Fitz, Humphries, Doctson, Kirk, Agholor, Wilson, Washington
TE- Kelce , Trey, Henry
2019- 1.3 1.8 2.1 2.3 3.3 4.3

Team3 est.2019
12 team QB2WR2RBTE2FLX
QB- Arodg, Mitch, Ljax
RB- Chubb, Guice, Hunt, D.Freeman, Yeldon, Samuels
WR- Julio, Tate, Miller, Funchess, Washington, Reynolds, Patrick
TE- Kelce, Hooper
2019: 1.7 2.4 2.8 2.10

Team4 est.2019
12 team QB2WR2RBTE2FLXKDEF
QB-Arodg, Winston
RB- Conner, Ingram, Lamar, Rojo
WR- Nuk, Keenan, Baldwin, Tate, Crowder, Josh Gordon, Wilson
TE- Engram, Gesicki, Hurst
K-
DEF-
2019: 1.1 1.5

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:56 am

All good suggestions and the ones I think most likely. You'd have to think he will prioritise team/coaching/organisation over money at this point, so that would seem to rule out the Browns. The Steelers, Giants or Jets a possibility at all? Oddly enough, for all we decry the QB situation in the league, there just aren't that many teams that need one right now. I was skimming through thinking about this and there are fewer opportunities for him than I imagined.

Pats- No
Jets- Maybe
Dolphins- Maybe, though Gase seems high on Tannehill.
Bills- Need one, but would he go there?

Steelers- Mad to think this? Ben might just walk away, especially if they win it all this year and they'd be a QB's dream.
Bengals- No. He'd be insane.
Ravens- How cuttable is Flacco? Good coach, good organisation, no WRs.
Browns- No. He'd be insane and self-harming.

Jags- Great for him. Dominant D. Strong ground game. Some passing game talent will stay and more if they get him.
Colts- As said, if Luck is broken, why not?
Texans- No
Titans- No

Chargers- Rivers is becoming a statue back there. Any chance they, or he, calls an end to his time?
Raiders- No
Broncos- Great for him.
Chiefs- No

Cowboys- No. Although if I were them I might think about it. Dak may have had his sophomore slump, or he might have looked great only due to being in a dream situation.
Redskins- The rest of us want FU money whenever management jerks us around. He definitely has that.
Giants- Stranger things have happened.
Eagles- No

Vikings- Surely they'll go with one or two of the 3 guys they have.
Packers-No
Bears-No
Lions-No

Panthers-No
Saints-A possible wild-card. If Brees wins it all could he move on? Surely playing in Payton's O would appeal.
Falcons-No
Bucs-No

Rams-No
Seahawks-No
49ers-No
Cardinals- Yes to weather and the dome. No to WRs, O-line and seeing Aaron Donald twice a year.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:35 am

what would lead anyone to believe he would stay in Washington?

I would love for PIT to sign him and force ben out
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 am

So to sum up Factory of Sadness you can expect these teams to make a real push to get him:
Jets
Dolphins
Bills
Jags
Broncos
Redskins
Giants
Cardinals

Teams that may be interested with aging vets but a long shot to land him:
Steelers
Ravens
Chargers
Saints

That first list is still 25% of the league, that seems like a lot of QB needy teams, even though you were saying you thought the list sounded like it isn't many teams.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 am

I think the skins sign him,if not I can see him going to Denver

Dangermouse3314
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Dangermouse3314 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:32 am

After the way the Skins have treated him the last 2 seasons I hope he leaves them, If he goes Denver is a QB away from being a force again and easily a playoff team and division winner. Thats clearly the best landing spot..

But there are other teams that could benefit from an upgrade as well. Buffalo is in search of there next Qb it seems, they have plenty of room after trading away all there assets, they only have new england in there division.

Maybe Chicago? Let Tubbisky sit and watch a pro like Rodgers did in Green bay?

Arizona is in a tough spot Palmer might be done and he hasn't been a good Play off QB any how so no biggie there.

The Jets have needed a Qb for the last 10 years easy, but QB won't save them, But if there offering some insane money you never know right.

Im also getting a feeling that There might be a shake up in Kansas City. Alex Smith might not be there forever and Cousins would be a step up slightly there for them.

Jacksonville with Cousins would be good too, But will they make a move like that?

Miami needs anything not named Jay Cutler, Although He did defeat the patriots this season and has produced some of the best modern art today (smoking Jay Cutler Memes) I still feel that he's super over payed for what he's done and what he continues to do yearly. I.E Miami still missed the Playoffs I think with Cousins, lot of bad JUJU there in that locker room

well thats my piece on this topic
-Alex

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:36 am

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Cousins returns to Washington really. In fact I think it's likely. I know we like to play up the notion that he was "disrespected", but only to tune of nearly $44 million for his last two years of service. I wish I could be that disrespected. 8th highest paid QB in 2016, and 3rd highest paid QB in 2017. I don't imagine his feelings are as hurt as some would assume.

Gruden has said he wants Cousins long-term status settled once and for all this offseason. And with the franchise number being what it is for Kirk on the third go-round there's no way the organization doesn't do so one way or another. They certainly won't franchise him.

He seems open to staying with the Redskins. The coach wants him on the team as his QB, and there's no real reason to jump ship so I'm putting my money on Kirk landing a long-term deal. I don't believe he'll be playing elsewhere in 2018, or anytime soon.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 am

I also think he will stay with the Redskins. I feel like the Redskins were trying to get him cheap, by franchising him and having him fall flat, but each time he has performed better than expected. This time they don't really have the option of franchising him, so i think they will put a "market" offer out there, which will be one of, if not the highest paid quarterback in the league.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm

I can't be the only one who saw the letter the Redskins organization issued last off season regarding the negotiations with Cousins. To say he was disrespected is inaccurate. He was franchised each of the past two years, yielding a salary among the top 5 QBs in the league. The organization made multiple contract offers, all declined without ever a counter offer being made. It was a one-sided negotiation. Hard to come to common ground that way. I believe the issue that Cousins is attempting to address is guaranteed money. There is going to be an increasing amount of pressure from players trying to get to a point of fully guaranteed contacts.

I do not think that Cousins will be back in Washington but I suspect that was his plan all along. I expect that he achieved his goal of creating the perception of being the victim and a market of potential suitors.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 pm

skip wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm I can't be the only one who saw the letter the Redskins organization issued last off season regarding the negotiations with Cousins. To say he was disrespected is inaccurate. He was franchised each of the past two years, yielding a salary among the top 5 QBs in the league. The organization made multiple contract offers, all declined without ever a counter offer being made. It was a one-sided negotiation. Hard to come to common ground that way. I believe the issue that Cousins is attempting to address is guaranteed money. There is going to be an increasing amount of pressure from players trying to get to a point of fully guaranteed contacts.

I do not think that Cousins will be back in Washington but I suspect that was his plan all along. I expect that he achieved his goal of creating the perception of being the victim and a market of potential suitors.
Didn't they only offer him like 2 years guaranteed in their deals?

I agree that it was his plan, and that he had no intentions of signing then. Maybe Washington made offers they knew he wouldn't consider anyway, and leaked them to avoid public pressure. Either way, I think Jacksonville is the best spot for him, followed by Denver. I think JAX would become the early AFC favorites next year (as a Pats fan) if they were able to pull that off.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 pm

If I were Cousins, and I truly felt scorned by Washington, I would have all eyes on NYG.

OBJ and Shepard (...and Landry???) to throw to, a defense that should rebound in a big way, a 2nd overall pick that could be used to get offensive line help or Saquan Barkley, and a chance to play against Washington twice every year... I couldn't think of a better landing spot for Cousins.

Of course, that all depends on where Eli Manning plays in 2018.

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Jax would be great
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:33 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 pm If I were Cousins, and I truly felt scorned by Washington, I would have all eyes on NYG.

OBJ and Shepard (...and Landry???) to throw to, a defense that should rebound in a big way, a 2nd overall pick that could be used to get offensive line help or Saquan Barkley, and a chance to play against Washington twice every year... I couldn't think of a better landing spot for Cousins.

Of course, that all depends on where Eli Manning plays in 2018.
Oooh I'd love to see this revenge narrative happen.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Would definitely love to see him with JAX, NYG, or DEN. For some reason I feel like it's more likely he would be a Bronco next season. That's just a gut feeling though....
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs