2018 RB rookie discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2018 RB rookie discussion

Postby Defender » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:39 pm

I honestly think the combine will come and go without any resolution to our questioning of Chubb’s athleticism.
The standard is the standard.

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Wild prediction, but we're going to come away from the combine with Guice having gotten a lot closer to Barkley than anyone thought he would be.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:20 pm

R.I.P. The fo' ... fo' ... fo' man. Hardest working man in basketball around the rim in his day ! Almost pulled it off too !

Last time Sixers were champs til this bunch does it :pray:

Not expecting it to happen for Chubby Checkered injury history man either. Would be fine with anything 4.55 & under . Really more interested in his agility drills. 3 cone & 20 yd shuttle as I feel he has good vision but question if he can get his feet to go where his eyes see quick enough for NFL success.

Would like to see if he's a natural in passing game. Soft hands and fluid transitioning to runner after the catch . Hope Chubb doesn't fight the ball as a receiver. Then he could at least be useful in the screen game.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 pm

I think Chubb will run a mid 4.5, and is average at shuttle and 3 cone. He could be a steal late in the first though if he gets his burst back

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am

Question, are we fairly confident of there being a tier of Guice, Michel, Jones II, and Chubb (order and where WRs overlap not crucial) after Barkley at this pre-combine time? Is there anyone else you feel is surely in the 2nd tier? Some it seems have Chubb more in the 3rd tier

Wanting to avoid a case like Dalvin Cook last year where from watching his college game film he was the 1b to Fournette, and then had a less than impressive combine and fell way to the bottom of the 2nd (LF and CD in 1st) tier and even behind Mike Williams and OJ Howard in some drafts; only to show up week 1-4 of NFL looking like the version we loved off his college tape

Combine I feel shouldn't full on move people who are up in the 1st or 2nd tiers based off their college performances. It should only order them or answer some nagging questions. Not lend entirely new results
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am Question, are we fairly confident of there being a tier of Guice, Michel, Jones II, and Chubb (order and where WRs overlap not crucial) after Barkley at this pre-combine time? Is there anyone else you feel is surely in the 2nd tier? Some it seems have Chubb more in the 3rd tier

Wanting to avoid a case like Dalvin Cook last year where from watching his college game film he was the 1b to Fournette, and then had a less than impressive combine and fell way to the bottom of the 2nd (LF and CD in 1st) tier and even behind Mike Williams and OJ Howard in some drafts; only to show up week 1-4 of NFL looking like the version we loved off his college tape

Combine I feel shouldn't full on move people who are up in the 1st or 2nd tiers based off their college performances. It should only order them or answer some nagging questions. Not lend entirely new results
I just cant get on board with this, idk what it is something tells me stay away
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:48 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am Question, are we fairly confident of there being a tier of Guice, Michel, Jones II, and Chubb (order and where WRs overlap not crucial) after Barkley at this pre-combine time? Is there anyone else you feel is surely in the 2nd tier? Some it seems have Chubb more in the 3rd tier

Guice is firmly in a tier above Michel, Jones, and Chubb as he's the close to consensus #2 in all mocks and rankings.

Barkley
Guice
Michel/Jones/Chubb

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:48 am

pierson242 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 am

I just cant get on board with this, idk what it is something tells me stay away
I'm fine with Jones, but I'd have him behind Michel and Chubb.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:57 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:48 am

Guice is firmly in a tier above Michel, Jones, and Chubb as he's the close to consensus #2 in all mocks and rankings.

Barkley
Guice
Michel/Jones/Chubb
I think Michel is in a tier with Guice and Chubb could with a good combine, hes getting his explosion back, people forget how good he was. I see it as
Barkley
Guice/Michel (I'm fine putting Guice above Michel but same tier)
Chubb
Ronald Jones
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:12 am

We'll hear about Chubb's knee a lot over the next few days at the combine medical evaluation. That should help determine if his knee is back to normal or if we have another Ajayi slide coming.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:35 am

Can someone sell me on Guice? I have him as my RB 2 but thats mostly because everywhere I look everyone says hes great. Im just not getting excited about him. And his run style I see as a negative at the NFL level. Hes going to be hurt a lot running so violently.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:46 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:35 am Can someone sell me on Guice? I have him as my RB 2 but thats mostly because everywhere I look everyone says hes great. Im just not getting excited about him. And his run style I see as a negative at the NFL level. Hes going to be hurt a lot running so violently.
I see Guice as someone who can be inserted into a team's starting lineup and be a safe bet to produce at a reasonably high level. My putting him at #2 is a reflection of my confidence in him being able to do his job effectively (with the occasional South Carolina "beast mode" run sprinkled in). Elite is hard to predict, but he's safe to me. All of the other guys have enough questions that keep me from putting them with him.

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:05 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:46 am
Bot101 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:35 am Can someone sell me on Guice? I have him as my RB 2 but thats mostly because everywhere I look everyone says hes great. Im just not getting excited about him. And his run style I see as a negative at the NFL level. Hes going to be hurt a lot running so violently.
I see Guice as someone who can be inserted into a team's starting lineup and be a safe bet to produce at a reasonably high level. My putting him at #2 is a reflection of my confidence in him being able to do his job effectively (with the occasional South Carolina "beast mode" run sprinkled in). Elite is hard to predict, but he's safe to me. All of the other guys have enough questions that keep me from putting them with him.
Well said. Similar to Mixon last year, at least for me.

Oriorden
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Oriorden » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:56 am

My biggest concern with putting Michel up in that tier 2 is that he fumbled so often....something like once every 50 touches. Rookies get yanked quickly for that. He needs the opportunity to show what he can do and won’t if he keeps fumbling.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm I say he does a moses malone for you oldsters ..... 4.44 ! for chubb
LOL love the fo', fo' , fo'.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle