2018 Rookie QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: 2018 Rookie QBs

Postby Valhalla » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:09 pm How about Falk and Rudolph?
I’d rather land rudolph in the 3rd round of a rookie draft than one of the others in the 1st (considering superflex). Falk could be a nice 4th round pick. I see him being drafted into a backup role to potentially start in the future. Like the Patriots. That could happen to Rudolph as well...

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:27 am
Goddard wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:34 pmHow many of them play offense? I'm genuinely asking, because I don't know. But watching UCLA games, it doesn't look like they have a lot of 4/5 star recruits. Even if they are, when was the last time a UCLA RB, WR, or TE was relevant in the NFL?
The info I provided far exceeded the amount of effort associated with my level of caring. :) Your post just made me curious how highly recruiting websites ranked the recent UCLA classes, so I did a high level look.
It was helpful, because I never checked myself before making my statement. But I'd still be curious how that compares to the other top schools in the country.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:35 pm There are 2 quarterbacks I really like.
Unfortunately do not want to say much else since I primarily recruited for my Superflex on here.
:wave:

8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:51 am

Looking like Rosen and Jackson are going to have plenty of shoes to fill when/if they follow in their fellow rookies footsteps thanks to Darnold, Mayfield and now Allen. Mahomes too some would claim is basically a rookie.

I think the consensus on when Rosen starts is likely Week V?

Jackson is looking like the only one who will sit a year - but that was expected going in anyways correct? I like that they have been getting him into games so that he is getting acclimatized a bit (maybe the NFL version of a September MLB callup?).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:40 am

Rosen was definitely baptized by fire against one of the best defenses in the league right now....he almost led the comeback too...would have been epic.

- We'll see if the Mayfield legend will continue with "W's"

- Allen has probably played like how many might have expected...some "wow" moments and some head-scratchers. Big win for the Bills yesterday, no doubt about that, lost a ton of people money LOL.

- Darnold, we've seen the good and the bad.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 am

Servo wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:40 am Rosen was definitely baptized by fire against one of the best defenses in the league right now....he almost led the comeback too...would have been epic.
He was put in on the comeback drive and didn't really do much to actually lead the team to a comeback. He's probably in a no-win situation on that squad, but he didn't look like anything in two drives. Small sample size, but I don't think there's any positives to be taken from that performance.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:35 am

Looking like a good class so far. I have ranked similar to how I did preseason except Baker and Darnold flipped. I'll admit that Darnold is falling as well. Don't like his short game and throwing some INT into double coverage

Baker
Darnold
Rosen
Lamar
Allen

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:46 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:35 am Looking like a good class so far. I have ranked similar to how I did preseason except Baker and Darnold flipped. I'll admit that Darnold is falling as well. Don't like his short game and throwing some INT into double coverage

Baker
Darnold
Rosen
Lamar
Allen
Allen at 5?

One could argue hes been the most impressive thus far (maybe based on played the most), but ranking him 5th?

Haters gonna hate i guess
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:28 am

I realize Bradford wasn't playing well, but he had the team in a place to win. I cannot figure out why you'd put Rosen in against the second-best defense in the NFL in crunch time.

Allen has been quite good. Darnold has shown good signs but definitely looks like a rookie. Baker looked great in a tiny sample size.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:54 am

DJB wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:46 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:35 am Looking like a good class so far. I have ranked similar to how I did preseason except Baker and Darnold flipped. I'll admit that Darnold is falling as well. Don't like his short game and throwing some INT into double coverage

Baker
Darnold
Rosen
Lamar
Allen
Allen at 5?

One could argue hes been the most impressive thus far (maybe based on played the most), but ranking him 5th?

Haters gonna hate i guess
Agreed. I still have him behind Baker, putting the combo of preseason and small regular season sample sizes of the two. Allen easily has the most impressive game on his resume right now, tough to argue on that. I assume these are long-term rankings, so cannot fault anybody for that and it would be shortsighted to solidify anything 3 weeks into the season. Ranking Allen behind Lamar would be the biggest head scratcher for me if that was not the case.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 am

Yes I have Lamar 5th if they were rankings for this season... Allen's rank has to do with situation as well. If he can string together a few more games then he will move up. Its week 3 lol

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 am

I hear ya, makes some sense then. Many had Lamar as their #1 with that in mind. As far as Allen goes, he looks like he will make as many plays with his legs out of any rookie QB not names Lamar Jackson. Hopefully, he learns to toe the line between competitive and smart though, cannot be hurdling too many guys like Barr and live to speak of it. Which Barr has the nice (cheap) payback of a horse collar after being beat not once, but twice by a white kid from Wyoming. White Men Can't Jump references aside, they do have something like 90 mil in cap space next year, so maybe they surround him with some playmakers and Oline help, so the situation improves quickly like it did in Cleveland. Having slow, stone hands like Benjamin as your de facto #1 should get you a medal, or at least a hug.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 am

Baker
Darnold
Rosen
Lamar
Allen
Just wondering, How you have Allen at five? Did you not watch that game? He took a team devoid of talent into a hostile environment and led them to a victory over the best defense from 2017. Allen, after the win over the Vikings should be at the top of the list. No other rookie qb has done more with less and against top level defense. Not even Rosen vs the Bears. To each their own though. Talk about a head scratcher....
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:16 am

Guess my opinion is wrong then. I guess wanting to see a few more games is completely unreasonable. I'm not saying he got lucky or isn't a good player, I just haven't seen enough of any of them to change the ranks besides Baker and Darnold up front. My bad for sharing my opinion I suppose

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:32 am

Friction wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 am I hear ya, makes some sense then. Many had Lamar as their #1 with that in mind. As far as Allen goes, he looks like he will make as many plays with his legs out of any rookie QB not names Lamar Jackson. Hopefully, he learns to toe the line between competitive and smart though, cannot be hurdling too many guys like Barr and live to speak of it. Which Barr has the nice (cheap) payback of a horse collar after being beat not once, but twice by a white kid from Wyoming. White Men Can't Jump references aside, they do have something like 90 mil in cap space next year, so maybe they surround him with some playmakers and Oline help, so the situation improves quickly like it did in Cleveland. Having slow, stone hands like Benjamin as your de facto #1 should get you a medal, or at least a hug.
Barr played bad, but a couple things in his defense.
1. In today’s delicate rules, if he hits the qb anywhere close to the helmet it’s getting put 15 yards downfield with a first down. If you just go right for his shoulder pads/chest, and he starts to either slide or just dips his shoulder, it’s helmet to helmet. The league has forced defenders to slow up and take a well aimed low shot on qbs. It’s going to reduce penalties and concussions, probably increase knee injuries to qbs and increase athletic feats like hurdling the low aiming defender.

As to the horse collar...I recall Allen blatantly facemasking Barr. Barr reached out, grabbed the collar, but then let go of it and took Allen down by the shoulder I believe. I think it was possibly unintended/blind grabbing as he’s being facemasked, then he realizes what he has ahold of and lets go. The horse collar penalty is if you take someone to the ground by the collar, and that’s not what happened (I don’t think). But they’ll call it every time if you do grab there and then the guy gets tackled shortly after.

Wish I could find that footage so I could rewatch in slow motion and see if I’m right or wrong on that.