Keenan Allen - PPR Machine

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Keenan Allen - PPR Machine

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am

Always been a big fan especially as a Chargers fan however injuries have hurt his stock year after year but it finally looks like he's putting in his first full season since his rookie year.

On pace for: 102 Rec, 1375 yards and 7 TD. (Already surpassed his career highs in Receptions and Yards)

Also, he is the 1st player in NFL History to go 10+ Rec, 100+ Yards and 1+ TD in 3 straight games :shock:

What is everyone's perceived value of Keenan? I'd say top 15-20 WR?
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Re: Keenan Allen - PPR Machine

Postby Needalife » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:24 am

Other than Hopkins and OBJ, there really aren't too many I'd rank ahead of him. Evans has had a down year. Antonio, AJG and Julio are getting up there in age. Michael Thomas, Landry, Thielen, Cooks, Corey Davis.... I mean, I have Keenan squarely ahead of that group.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 am

Not sure how he's not in the top 10. He's 3rd right now in ppr scoring and younger than several of guys who are already in the top 10. I was on a small island this offseason arguing that he's better than guys like Baldwin and Sammy, but got a lot of pushback and excuses as to why his numbers will go down, even if he stayed healthy. Glad to see he's stayed healthy so far and looking like the stud he really is.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:06 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 am Not sure how he's not in the top 10. He's 3rd right now in ppr scoring and younger than several of guys who are already in the top 10. I was on a small island this offseason arguing that he's better than guys like Baldwin and Sammy, but got a lot of pushback and excuses as to why his numbers will go down, even if he stayed healthy. Glad to see he's stayed healthy so far and looking like the stud he really is.
I didn't realize that was a small island, but I was there with you. He has been a top-10 guy in my book since his rookie year, he just had some bad luck with injuries. Finally traded for him in one of my leagues just before his current hot streak started.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 am

I too have been a KA supporter over his time in the league. Many on this site are victims of group think. Many are also owners that depend a bit too much on metrics. KA isn't that fast and never has been. AND, because of that - there is a click of people that are frequent posters on this site that will NEVER view him as a true wr1. In my world, that is absurd. Many of the KA doubters will point to injury history, injury risk, lack of elite athletic ability, Rivers getting up there in age, etc, etc etc. Meanwhile, in my 6 leagues, I own him in 3, and in each of those, I'm a #1 or #2 seed and playoff bound. Proof is in the puddin. Bottom line, too much is put into metrics as there are attributes that constitute a person, a player, a competitor, that simply can't be measured at the combine.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:06 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 am Not sure how he's not in the top 10. He's 3rd right now in ppr scoring and younger than several of guys who are already in the top 10. I was on a small island this offseason arguing that he's better than guys like Baldwin and Sammy, but got a lot of pushback and excuses as to why his numbers will go down, even if he stayed healthy. Glad to see he's stayed healthy so far and looking like the stud he really is.
I didn't realize that was a small island, but I was there with you. He has been a top-10 guy in my book since his rookie year, he just had some bad luck with injuries. Finally traded for him in one of my leagues just before his current hot streak started.
There were a few supporters, but not that many, that's why the island was so small lol.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am

Allen has always been great in PPR - he is basically Landry in a far superior situation.

I would use the tired volume dependant argument but you could say the same argument with just about anyone.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am

This thread ought to just about make Skip's head explode.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 am

There is significant risk due to his injury history and we shouldn't ignore that. But, when healthy, he produces like a top 5 dynasty wr. Thing is, he likely won't have a long career extending into his early to mid 30's. For the time being... he is easily or should be at least easily ranked inside the top 10 as far as value. I can see though why some would have him just outside the top 10 if they are injury / risk adverse. For me, I have him around 7-8 -9 out of all wr currently in the league.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:25 am

Also, you can remove "PPR" from the title. He's 5th in yards as well, so it's not jus the catches that has him producing like a machine.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 am

flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am This thread ought to just about make Skip's head explode.
This is more or less an "I told you so" type of thread for Keenan's fans and that's fine but realize that you didn't see a thread like this over the first 10 weeks of the season for a reason. Maybe it was his pedestrian production most weeks and lack of TDs. On a ppg basis he was the #32 WR and on points #26.

Keenan has been in my top 20 WRs. But he's not in my top 10 and certainly not my top 5. When he starts putting up better weeks on a more consistent basis then it could be a different story.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 am

skip wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 am
flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am This thread ought to just about make Skip's head explode.
This is more or less an "I told you so" type of thread for Keenan's fans and that's fine but realize that you didn't see a thread like this over the first 10 weeks of the season for a reason. Maybe it was his pedestrian production most weeks and lack of TDs. On a ppg basis he was the #32 WR and on points #26.

Keenan has been in my top 20 WRs. But he's not in my top 10 and certainly not my top 5. When he starts putting up better weeks on a more consistent basis then it could be a different story.
This thread didn't exist 10 weeks ago, because you and others probably would have said it's only been a few games and it's way too soon. Look at most of the WRs in the top 10 this year. Maybe outside of AB and Hopkins, they've all been pretty inconsistent and had down weeks here and there. Allen is no different. Guys like Hill, Julio, Thielen, Fitz, Landry, MT (just to name a few of the current top 10 WRs in ppr) have had some inconsistencies. Only difference is, there's was spread out more from week to week, whereas Allen's was a small stretch in the middle of the season. If you look at Rivers' numbers, you'll see the same thing during those bad weeks. Not sure who's to blame, Rivers, Allen, game-flow...but it happens.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm

With KA coming back to life and scorching the earth, it really makes me doubt Mike William's future of being a #1.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 am

This thread didn't exist 10 weeks ago, because you and others probably would have said it's only been a few games and it's way too soon. Look at most of the WRs in the top 10 this year. Maybe outside of AB and Hopkins, they've all been pretty inconsistent and had down weeks here and there. Allen is no different. Guys like Hill, Julio, Thielen, Fitz, Landry, MT (just to name a few of the current top 10 WRs in ppr) have had some inconsistencies. Only difference is, there's was spread out more from week to week, whereas Allen's was a small stretch in the middle of the season. If you look at Rivers' numbers, you'll see the same thing during those bad weeks. Not sure who's to blame, Rivers, Allen, game-flow...but it happens.
I think you misread my post...I didn't say anything about 10 weeks ago. I said you didn't see a "pro" Keenan thread during the first 10 weeks. You're right, with other players their high and low weeks they were spread out but that's the point. You have people in this thread saying Keenan is a top 5 WR. What puts him ahead of players you listed? Nothing except that he put up big numbers 3 weeks in a row instead of scattered thru the year and this forum thrives on recency bias. So what he's done these last few weeks is more meaningful to many than what he did the first 10 weeks of the season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 pm

skip wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 pm
Goddard wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 am

I think you misread my post...I didn't say anything about 10 weeks ago. I said you didn't see a "pro" Keenan thread during the first 10 weeks. You're right, with other players their high and low weeks they were spread out but that's the point. You have people in this thread saying Keenan is a top 5 WR. What puts him ahead of players you listed? Nothing except that he put up big numbers 3 weeks in a row instead of scattered thru the year and this forum thrives on recency bias. So what he's done these last few weeks is more meaningful to many than what he did the first 10 weeks of the season.
I can buy that, but at the end of the year if he outscores those guys, that's all that will probably matter in terms of ranking him ahead of them. When we look back at past production, we don't go into individual games and usually look at their total numbers. So if Allen continues playing well and outscores the guys I listed, I don't see why anyone wouldn't rank him ahead of them or near them.