Is Evan engram being severely overvalued right now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Is Evan engram being severely overvalued right now?

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:39 am

Roughly 50% catch rate.
85 targets, less than 500 yds

Target share is likely due to no other options on offense. I'm seeing some suggest that his value is top 5/6.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is Evan engram being severely overvalued right now?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 am

yes and no. very tough to gauge. He is playing well enough as a first year player at TE that i would be buying and wouldnt want to sell. top 6 sounds about right Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Graham, henry/ergram/rudolph/doyle/brate/asj all in that 5-10 range

I dont think he will be a feature guy though once NY has their team back healthy and a new coach leading the way
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 am

44 views and no opnions???

right now he's being valued as a top 50 guy. in a few months he could fall to somewhere around 75.... obviously when the offseason first begins, there is going to be a sell window in all likelihood, but should we be getting this value now while we can?

designguy79
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby designguy79 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 am

I'm holding off judgement for a few more weeks to see if he can solve the issues with dropped passes. (own him in a re-draft league) But I'm not very optimistic about that happening, to be honest.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 am

It is rare for a rookie TE to produce at all.

With that said - when you look at his age and what he has done, he is one of those "upside" guys.

He is tough to rank because all productive TEs are quite older.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 am

He's overvalued, I feel pretty confident in saying that. But just how good is he? That's a bit tougher to answer.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 am

I think he's appropriately ranked him right around 5 given his upside, since he is moreso a WR than a TE.

Outside of Gronk, Kelce, and Ertz there are not many TEs without some sort of concern.

Both Graham, Walker, and Olsen obviously produce, but they are getting up there in age and have injury history.

All the other guys within the top 10, aren't really difference makers at the position since the point differential is marginal. People are betting that Engram's ceiling is higher.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:57 am

sorry if misunderstood...i wasnt looking for a te rankings list. simply in terms of of draft pick value and overall rankings.

dd, gotta sell dont we? the te pool just keeps getting deeper, right? if you can get top 50 value, you gotta pull the trigger....right?

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am

He could be a sell and I understand that logic, but he is also basically a WR that you can plug into your TE slot, there is real value to that. I see potential for him to continue to produce fantasy points equal or better to his current production, and if they bring in a young QB he could really be leaned on at the beginning.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:29 am

I'll say overvalued, but that's because I don't think QB transitions are all that appealing. I think the Giants get a lot worse before they get better and this season's stats can be partly attributable to the extreme lack of other options in the passing game while playing behind and in some cases, way behind. I like his potential, especially 2-3 years from now if they can make a good QB selection in the 2018 draft. However, I think his current value assumes he only goes up from here, while I'd say he may be a good buy in a year or two.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 am

Neight wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am He could be a sell and I understand that logic, but he is also basically a WR that you can plug into your TE slot, there is real value to that. I see potential for him to continue to produce fantasy points equal or better to his current production, and if they bring in a young QB he could really be leaned on at the beginning.
i agree, but it seems like the position in general is getting deeper, and all young. for example....graham is out producing engram. i would bet he does next year, and maybe a few years.....yet noone would think of giving top 50 value for him. understandably with the age gap.

a few years back when graham/gronk were carrying the highest value....there were litteraly no questions or competition for top te's... the pool is much deeper now and really only getting deeper imo.

lets call a spade a spade here....engram is producing closer to the "average te" than he is gronk, graham, kelce, and ertz. thats not saying that he wont get there, but top 5/6 rookie pick?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:45 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:57 am
dd, gotta sell dont we?
I saw the consensus taking Engram over ARob in a dynasty advice thread, so yeah I'd say it's time to sell.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 am

I had to go look for myself to verify this top 50 claim...good lord, there are so many players I'd take over him that are ranked lower. So yeah, if you can get value like that him, sell.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:22 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 am
Neight wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am He could be a sell and I understand that logic, but he is also basically a WR that you can plug into your TE slot, there is real value to that. I see potential for him to continue to produce fantasy points equal or better to his current production, and if they bring in a young QB he could really be leaned on at the beginning.
i agree, but it seems like the position in general is getting deeper, and all young. for example....graham is out producing engram. i would bet he does next year, and maybe a few years.....yet noone would think of giving top 50 value for him. understandably with the age gap.

a few years back when graham/gronk were carrying the highest value....there were litteraly no questions or competition for top te's... the pool is much deeper now and really only getting deeper imo.

lets call a spade a spade here....engram is producing closer to the "average te" than he is gronk, graham, kelce, and ertz. thats not saying that he wont get there, but top 5/6 rookie pick?
I agree, but you're looking for Engram opinions not rankings right, just giving mine. I will not be looking to acquire him anywhere, but I do own him where I drafted as a early 2nd in a TE premium league and while I would sell for an early 1st, I would likely hold for a mid - late 1st.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 am He's overvalued, I feel pretty confident in saying that. But just how good is he? That's a bit tougher to answer.
Nailed it. Most rookies who produce are overvalued because we're all playing dynasty and not redraft. It's not uncommon for rookies to produce for short periods of time, such as a few weeks, maybe even a few months and sometimes even most of a season. That doesn't always get repeated though. Just look at Hunt. True, his lack of production lately isn't all on him, but just maybe his production early on in the year wasn't all his doing either.

Engram produced very well early on so his value shot up, but I'm not convinced that kind of production will continue. I have no interest in buying him at his current price tag