Week 9 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Week 9 Discussion

Postby Raymond1974 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 pm Coogan what other things has Evans done to be a "thug POS"?
I have always perceived mike Evans to be a stand up! I have never seen any "thuggish" behavior at all. I will say that mike Evans is a supreme competitor and hates to lose, and today his emotions got the best of him. I don't see this being a problem down the road.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:54 pm

His (Mike Evans) wedding cake was harry potter themed, Something tells me he is a gryffindor.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 am

Raymond1974 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 pm Coogan what other things has Evans done to be a "thug POS"?
I have always perceived mike Evans to be a stand up! I have never seen any "thuggish" behavior at all. I will say that mike Evans is a supreme competitor and hates to lose, and today his emotions got the best of him. I don't see this being a problem down the road.
Not the biggest Evans supporter around here and I think he's overvalued as a dynasty asset , but "POS Thug" is the last thing I'd label him as. Trust me, there are plenty of players in the NFL that I'd put that badge on, but Mike Evans ain't one of them.

He went through a lot of rough events in his childhood that could have lead him down that road, but everyone's that's been around him has said nothing but good things about his character and personality, and AFAIK he's never displayed any behavioral issues or been in situations that would lead anyone to believe he's a thug off the field or a dirty player that can't control his emotions on the field. He's a young man in a very physical environment and his frustration got the best of him today. Hell, AJG decided to partake in a rendition of an MMA match today and that label isn't being put on him (nor should it be). Anybody who's a competitive person that says they've never let their emotions get the best of them once or twice is just lying.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 am

It's interesting the different standards that fighting has across sports. In baseball, throwing at batters was (not so much anymore) honored. Fighting was exciting. Hockey, the talking points are obvious.

I can't recall players in these sports described as thugs.

Football players play a violent and DANGEROUS game. Should we really be surprised that emotions run high? Perhaps Mike Evans made a mistake yesterday. I hope no one will judge my entire existence for one mistake.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 am

Agreed. Nothing about Evans says Thug. facts.

I don't think a big lineman would have faced that comment for protecting his QB, justified or not.

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

captain howdy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 am

I don't think a big lineman would have faced that comment for protecting his QB, justified or not.
Arent there videos of Evans fighting outside a night club? Threw a tantrum a few weeks back as well. How long before the Tampa Bay press are on him like the NY press are on Odell?

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 am

rschroeder1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 am It's interesting the different standards that fighting has across sports. In baseball, throwing at batters was (not so much anymore) honored. Fighting was exciting. Hockey, the talking points are obvious.

Football players play a violent and DANGEROUS game. Should we really be surprised that emotions run high? Perhaps Mike Evans made a mistake yesterday. I hope no one will judge my entire existence for one mistake.
Hockey players that fight are exclusively called thugs.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:50 am

knut45 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

Arent there videos of Evans fighting outside a night club? Threw a tantrum a few weeks back as well. How long before the Tampa Bay press are on him like the NY press are on Odell?
The nightclub incident was over 3 years ago, started by his friend, and when he was 21.... and the passage of time kind of destroys the point, doesnt it? every 1000+ days theres an incident..., this second being quite commonplace regarding QBs...get a pitchfork?

tantrum? really? a tantrum. I just think its reaching to call Evans a thug. More importantly, he's always been appropriate in his response to these types of adverisities.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:18 am

I believe the tantrum he is referring to was in Minnesota after a couple balls were rifled over his head/into the ground. Not sure if he is a thug or wannabe thug, but I am not sure how thuggish having a Harry Potter cake is. That will probably hurt the ol street cred.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:21 am

mcAdoo sucks so bad
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 am

captain howdy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:50 am
knut45 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

The nightclub incident was over 3 years ago, started by his friend, and when he was 21.... and the passage of time kind of destroys the point, doesnt it? every 1000+ days theres an incident..., this second being quite commonplace regarding QBs...get a pitchfork?

tantrum? really? a tantrum. I just think its reaching to call Evans a thug. More importantly, he's always been appropriate in his response to these types of adverisities.
Was more a shot at how I think the NY press are idiots rather than Evans. I dont agree with Coogan.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 am

ImaRounder wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 am
rschroeder1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 am It's interesting the different standards that fighting has across sports. In baseball, throwing at batters was (not so much anymore) honored. Fighting was exciting. Hockey, the talking points are obvious.

goons
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 am

I am certain the incident with Evans was in part caused by frustration at the fact that Lattimore absolutely owned him. Lattimore is a defensive eliminator of opposing teams' WR1s, and will be for a long time. I think Evans knows that...

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 am
ImaRounder wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 am

goons
I have met and hung out with my fair share of hockey goons and was surprised at how down to earth most of them are. Thats the key to any goon, thug, etc. Of any sport. Is it just who they are overall or the role they play on a team. Football ia hard to really have enforcer types besides on the defensive side of the ball. Even basketball had and has their protectors of star players, albeit not nearly like they used to.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:33 pm

As an aside, there is a surprisingly not bad movie with Sean William Scott called Goon, on netflix, where he portrays, well, a goon.