Is Godwin the new Boyd?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Is Godwin the new Boyd?

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:31 am

koalabear wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:28 pm Godwin is more like Chris Conley a couple of years ago. He was buried at KC but is now playing more snaps although he isn't exactly fantasy relevant.

I was holding Conley hoping that he would develop a connection with Mahomes but looks like Alex Smith isn't going anywhere soon.

With Godwin, how patient are you?
But chris Conley was/is getting buried by the offensive scheme and qb, not playing time. The WR 2 position has always been open since he got drafted.

Godwin on the other hand has already established himself as the first guy off the bench behind any of the starters were they to get injured, but that injury and opportunity just hasn't come yet like it has for say Taywan Taylor. If an owner can't be patient with him then the owner should have never drafted him, since the situation pointed towards this happening in the first place.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:24 pm

yeah, he's way more versatile than Conley ..

I get it though, many are trying to gauge where his versatility will become useful, as we all have suffered low volume slot WR's for several years ..

I don't think he's anywhere close to the Tryeek Hill, AB, Diggs, OBJ kind of versatile WR, but I do think he is incredibly more talented than most other versatile WRs being used in the League right now .. the Tavon's, Boyd's, Conley's et al ..

I think after that elite tier, he stands with a guys like Taywan Taylor, Kupp, think you get the idea .. as a fantasy owner I would really hope his role grows so much that the Bucs let DJax walk, but as a Buc fan, I want to keep DJax because of the recognition how defenses have to defend him .. so as the real football fan, I want both to be great and punch people in the face .. instead of risking losing DJax and Godwin not being near that deep threat and teams go back to double covering Mike ... :P

#freeMikeEvanstheMatchUpProofWRbutIWantHimMoreFree.
@PlankMelody

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:29 am

Rotoworld reporting that djax left the locker room with an ice pack on his wrist. Could be nothing, but it's a reminder that it only takes one random injury to give godwin the playing time we want to see from him.

Godwin also played the 4th most snaps for the WR position with 17 (behind Evans djax and humphries) the only other WR with snaps was Reedy at 4, so he certainly seems to be the next man up were something to happen.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.