Vetoing Drops

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vetoing Drops

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Someone in my league (New to dynasty) just drop Mike Williams... I can let (force) him to take him back right? That is just a bone head inexperienced move.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Vetoing Drops

Postby Generic Username » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

No...you can let the rest of the league spend all their FAAB money on him while simultaneously ripping owner a new one (rudely, on par with someone getting roasted, but all in fun) so he learns a valuable lesson in dynasty patience

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:04 pm

I'd be pissed if an owner cut someone and it was vetoed. If said owner came to you within a few minutes of the cut and said it was an accident, that is one thing...but intervening like that is ridiculous. Player goes to FAAB.

With that said, you're probably best having that owner just leave the league for the sake of competitiveness.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:21 pm

Maybe he's actually smarter than the rest of us says someone who owns Kevin White.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:22 pm

mratlanta wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:21 pm Maybe he's actually smarter than the rest of us says someone who owns Kevin White.
:clap: Ok, this is hilarious... because it might be true!

On a related note, I do know Yahoo has this default setting where teams out of playoff contention can't make moves (in redraft leagues anyway). Smart. There's a lot of douchery out there.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:25 pm

So hes new to dynasty and the rest of you have been involved in it for a while? I would have zero problem with you explaining to him that WRs typically have more value and take longer to develop and plopping him back on that guys roster for the sake of a competitive league. I get the argument against it, but I wouldnt be against explaining its a rather shrewd move to cut a first round rookie when you could just sell low...this is all assuming he is new and the rest of you are not though.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Bringing a new guy in with a bunch of dynasty vets and then taking advantage of him dropping a 1st round rookie WR seems like a dick move to me. This isn't a bad trade where it could look alright if you tilt your head to the side and squint; this clearly has no advantage.

Undo the drop and make sure the new owner knows about some dynasty resources. Otherwise shouldn't have brought a dynasty newbie into the league in the first place.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm

No FAAB, it is waiver priority, so basically whoever is #1 gets Williams. I put him back on his team and gave him a shalacking and took a third round pick from him as a penalty, but I wont give him another freebee. If it was a bad trade I would have let it go, but seeing as it affects no one directly I think it's fair to reverse it. we are all irl friends and some owners are more experienced than others. Thanks for the help guys
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:50 pm

i almost can't believe some of the answers you've gotten here. I'd put Williams back on his team, and talk to him about why it's a very bad move and let him know, this is your one "get out of jail free card". Tell him about this site so he can learn more about dynasty and how to play it. Don't ridicule him, kicking him out of the league, and things of that nature. If he's new to the style he obviously doesn't know any better. Try to help him. How would he get any better if people kept kicking him out of leagues cause they never offered any guidance.

or

You can just push them down and take their lunch money... It's your choice.
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:46 pm

You took a 3rd rd pick as penalty? That's a dick move....
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 pm

KCLep20 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:46 pm You took a 3rd rd pick as penalty? That's a dick move....
Yeah that's a dick move. We had a very similar thing happen last week in my league, I even posted on this forum about it to get help.

Our newbie owner dropped Doctson last week. We would have let it slide and had the highest bidder win him with no questions but for some reason our FA was set up incorrectly for players dropped during the week and someone was able to pick him up without placing a bid on him.

Long story short, we put him back on the original owners team and let him sell Doctson instead. He ended up getting a 2018 3rd for him.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:25 pm

Let him learn from his mistakes.

Does he get a bad decision safe space and a participation trophy, too?
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Yeah, if he's new and doesn't know better, just give him his pick back.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Who was he trying to pick up with that roster spot? Is there anyone else on his team more droppable?

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:35 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm No FAAB, it is waiver priority, so basically whoever is #1 gets Williams. I put him back on his team and gave him a shalacking and took a third round pick from him as a penalty, but I wont give him another freebee. If it was a bad trade I would have let it go, but seeing as it affects no one directly I think it's fair to reverse it. we are all irl friends and some owners are more experienced than others. Thanks for the help guys
How does it affect no one directly if you have waivers? It directly affects the guy with the #1 waiver priority. If you have continuous waivers then you don't get the #1 waiver pick by chance, you get it by passing on lesser players waiting for something special. If you cancel every valuable drop then you are screwing this person. You should at least okay this move with them.