Chris Hogan

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Chris Hogan

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:42 am

Hogan is the type of guy I would look to pick up as a free agent and is just gravy if I get any use out of him. He would not be the type I would trade for. These guys are easy to find with open eyes I think. I'd lump him in with players like Sanu or M. Lee. It's a nice bonus if you have picked them up for free, but not guys I'm paying capital to acquire unless the price is extremely favorable.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:14 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 am Hogan is getting 15% of the targets and 38% of passing tds... something has to give in these numbers. either his tds regress (most likely) or target share increases.
Or both.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

nosferatu
Starter
Starter

Postby nosferatu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:20 pm

I sold Hogan for Prosise and Carson. The guy I sold him to picked up J.D. McKissic this week.
A - 12tm PPR: QB, SFLX, 3RB, 3WR, TE, FLX

QBs: Burrow, Lawrence, Fields, Darnold, Wilson, Rypien
RBs: Dillon, Nwangwu, junk
WRs: Chark, Reagor, Chase, Smith, Bateman, Mooney, Rodgers, Waddle, Preston, Lazard
TEs: Herndon, Freiermuth, Sternberger
2022: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

B - 12tm PPR: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX (SFLX in 2022)

QBs: Mahomes, Ryan, Eason
RBs: Cook, Jones, Gordon, Robinson, Gibson, Mattison, Harris, Jackson, Hasty, Michel
WRs: Adams, Nuk, Golladay, Boyd, Preston, Shepard, Gage, Harry
TEs: Henry, Ebron, Hurst, Graham
2021: 1.11, 3.11, 4.11 2022: 1, 2, 3, 4

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:12 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 am hmmm. I'd respectfully disagree. I think the wr to own both now and into the future even after Brady retires is Brandon Cooks. As he gets more acclimated to Belichick's scheme, I'd bet that he outscores Hogan by a large margin in fantasy points this year. For the cost though, I'd agree, Hogan is the value pick. The production is very up and down / hit or miss - and that applies to all offensive players not named Brady or Gronk.
Don't get me wrong, I think Cooks is more talented than Hogan...by a lot. However, Cooks does not fit the Patriots offense as well as Hogan. Because of that, I think Hogan is the WR to own this season. I actually don't see Hogan's TD's regressing by that much. It's clear that him and Gronk are the Patriots preferred redzone options.

Red Zone Targets:
Hogan - 10
Gronk - 6
Cooks - 1

Long-term, I'm actually concerned that Cooks will not eat enough with Edelman, Hogan, Gronk and insert Patriots receiving RB here. Cooks is going to be feast or famine a lot of weeks because he really only wins on deep routes and isn't a possession receiver.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 pm

With DaVante Adams down, I'm about to ride the Hogan train, wish me luck :thumbup:

my view..
@PlankMelody

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:43 am

Plank wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 pm With DaVante Adams down, I'm about to ride the Hogan train, wish me luck :thumbup:

my view..
:lol:

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm thinking this guy is in must-start territory now.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Hard to argue with the results.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:40 am

Hollywood Hogan....brother. I envision the original Holllywood Hogan playing the
air guitar to Jimmy Hendrix on the nWo spray painted world title belt every time I start him. LOL

Seriously though, Hogan's a borderline WR1 going forward. NEs defense is still bad, Brady is going to throw throw and throw some more, Hogan has gained the trust of Brady, and maybe most importantly Brady looks for Hogan in the RZ. I don't expect Hogan to average 1TD per game the rest of the season, but for me he's pretty much a must start unless you have shallow starting lineups and have 3-4 stud WRs.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:14 am

He's an every week start at this point and potentially a league winner for the value he was going for. He wins in the two levels of the field the Patriots value most and remains the #1 RZ option.

Currently on pace for 74/922/16. The TD's will regress some, but the opportunities will remain.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:50 am

I'm liking the consistency thru five weeks. Did not expect that.

I also like that both he & Amendola, who's now healthy, both are gobbling up targets. It's not one or the other. Of course Gronk was out, so that may not always be the case.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:20 am

The owner who I sold Hogan to for Crowell, just offered him back to me for DT. I am usually the person pulling these kids of trades on people, just looks like I completely dropped the ball on this one. I'm considering taking this trade, since Hogan appears to have a higher floor than DT and my team is a strong competitor.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:53 am

Jpalladino91 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:20 am The owner who I sold Hogan to for Crowell, just offered him back to me for DT. I am usually the person pulling these kids of trades on people, just looks like I completely dropped the ball on this one. I'm considering taking this trade, since Hogan appears to have a higher floor than DT and my team is a strong competitor.
nononononono

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 am

I picked up Hogan half way through last season, never thought he would be a starter of mine and how can I justify starting him on any given week over Jordy, Diggs, Keenan or Baldwin? Over CMC, Duke Johnson or Alshon in the last flex? He's obviously getting consistent but where does one squeeze him into those kind of rankings?

I have no desire to trade him as I have no thought I'll ever get fair value for what he is producing. Only perhaps to a team competing and right now that's me. I want someone to just offer me a first so I can take it a move on.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 am

sammyz wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 am I have no desire to trade him as I have no thought I'll ever get fair value for what he is producing. Only perhaps to a team competing and right now that's me. I want someone to just offer me a first so I can take it a move on.
He may be worth that, but no one will offer it with all the baggage that comes with NEP skill players not called Brady/Gronk. Nevermind his age. He's about to become a dynasty dinosaur in a year. :thumbup:

So yeah, hold and start if needed due to byes/injuries is your particular play.
Last edited by DLF3000 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -