Who are you buying or selling?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby DJB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Curious why people are selling of M Thomas? Not that i disagree or something just wondering why?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff
Follow me and my dynasty team @dynastylife_ff

Ruggenater
Captain
Captain
Posts: 887
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:36 am

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 pm

DJB wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm
Curious why people are selling of M Thomas? Not that i disagree or something just wondering why?
For me personally, I'd be selling at his current ADP as the Saints have a history of spreading the ball around, and his current price seems to assume he'll get the majority share of targets with Cooks out of town.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Rodgers, Tannehill, Love, Dalton
RB: Dobbins, Michel, Montgomery, Dillon, Mattison, Armstead
WR: Hopkins, Evans, A Robinson, Lockett, Reagor, McLaurin, Higgins, Watkins, Perriman, JJAW
TE: Kelce, Gesicki, J Smith, I Thomas

User avatar
Kramer
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2822
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby Kramer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:11 pm

DJB wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm
Curious why people are selling of M Thomas? Not that i disagree or something just wondering why?
Too many unknowns for me I guess. I could be wrong, but at his price, I would rather have a player like AJG, Nuk, ARob or Hilton. He had everything set up for him last year and I don't know if he can duplicate that or not throughout his career. He's got Brees throwing to him (someone who's made Snead look good). He had Cooks taking the top off the defense to divert attention from him. Now he's the #1 on the team with not too many other weapons, so defenses will focus on him. The team in general was scoring a lot (half their games they scored 30 or more points), so I would expect him to have good stats. What happens if they start running the ball more with their RB additions. I would just rather have players that have performed without the best QBs (Nuk, ARob) or someone like Hilton who's tied to Luck for the rest of his career. Who knows when Brees might hang it up. I'm not questioning his talent, he might be the next big thing, but his price just seems too high for me right now.

In the two auction startups I did this summer, he was the second highest bid WR in one (only Evans had more bid on him) and the 6th highest in the other (ahead of guys like Cooper, ARob and Nuk). You can find people who are way too high on him and cash out for better assets imo.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,2WR,TE,Flex,SF,K,Def (30 spots)
QB: Winston,Dak,Dalton,Foles
RB: Fournette,Barkley,Mixon,Guice,Chubb,Foreman,Collins,Joe Williams,Yeldon,Scarborough
WR: Nuk,Davis,CoCo,JMatt,Doctson,Treadwell,Tyrell,Richardson
TE: Ertz,Eifert,Hooper,Everett,Shaheen,Burton,Butt

10 team SF PPR-QB,2RB,3WR,2TE,Flex,SF,2IDP,K,Def (35 spots)
QB: Rodgers,Wilson,Luck, Smith
RB: Fournette,McCoy,Mixon,Foreman,Martin,Powell,Conner,Collins
WR: Nuk,Hilton,Alshon,ARob,Davis,Tate,Gordon,MikeWilliams,Doctson,Kupp,Godwin
TE: Graham,Olsen,Henry,Howard,Everett,Kittle,Burton,Gathers
IDP: Bowmann,Burfict,Lee

28 team PPR SF, x2 copy, 0.2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TE - 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/5Flex/1SF (22+4IR+6Taxi)
QB: Wentz,Luck,Brissett
RB: Bell,Dixon,Gillislee,AP,Joe Williams,Perkins,Kelley
WR: Nuk,Hilton,ARob,Watkins,Decker
TE: Howard,Reed,Brate

hbomb
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby hbomb » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:16 pm

I'm really surprised so many are buying Dez. He's a sell for me. A beast, but the deck is stacking against him.

Sells: Dez, Tyreek, Crowder, Cooks, Martavis (mid-season), Joe Williams at some point

Buys: Henry, Washington, Lockett, Parker, Coleman
10tm HPR SF - Start 9 - Year 9
Brees, Ben, Cousins, Tannehill, Carr, Tua, Winston
Elliot, Mixon, Dillon, Coleman, Mcfarland
Evans, Cooper, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, JJefferson, Preston, Claypool, JJAW
Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Jonnu, Irv

10tm HPR HPFD SF - Start 9 - Year 1
Kyler, Stafford, Jones, Cousins, Bridgewater
Mixon, Dillon, DuJohnson, Henderson, Pollard
DJ Moore, Lamb, JJefferson, Reagor, Edwards, VJefferson, Claypool, Davis
Kittle, Andrews, Hockenson

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby ZPalmtree » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:30 pm

I'd argue that Crabtree was a buy early in the off season. I think he will be the WR1 for a year or two more as long as he is in Oakland. I think a majority of the guys in my leagues were having a party in their pants when that picture of Cooper surfaced.

User avatar
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:05 pm

FiremanEd wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:29 am
pokerface40 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 am
Buys: Crow, Henry, Martavis, Dez, Cooks, Snead, Rico!!

Sells: M Gordon, D Murray, M Thomas, Tyreek, Reed

Not necessarily guys I have bought or sold, just who I think should be bought and sold at current prices(although I have bought all of the guys listed this off-season)
I have a tough time with some of those buys considering Crowell is at his higher price ever, Martavis is at his highest price in a long time, and Snead very much the same. Rico also is now a popular name and valued at something for the first time ever, though still cheap so could be worth the risk depending on the price. I understand there is appeal to the players right now, but buying the others but the prices are going to be at least a 1st round pick and seem to be poorly timed. Tough to mine any value there and you're taking all of the risk.
I see your point and agree those players have inflated values compared to a few months ago. But I feel it is warranted and their price is still reasonable compared to others around their ADP. I got what I consider pretty good deals on each of em as well so that influences my thoughts. I just think Crow, Martavis, and Snead all have a chance to jump a tier or two by year's end.

As to Rico the time to but is absolutely right now if you are a believer. He is a great add-in to a larger deal.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10084
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:20 pm

DJB wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm
Curious why people are selling of M Thomas? Not that i disagree or something just wondering why?
Yeah, it's weird. I think some are convinced that Brandin Cooks made Thomas a great WR, though having him on the field certainly helps.

I just can't see anyway Thomas isn't really good next year. Aside from his talent and skill level, he's the clear cut #1 option on the Saints...with Drew Brees still playing at an elite level.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2383
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:26 pm
Location: Nagoya, JP

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:20 pm
DJB wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm
Curious why people are selling of M Thomas? Not that i disagree or something just wondering why?
Yeah, it's weird. I think some are convinced that Brandin Cooks made Thomas a great WR, though having him on the field certainly helps.

I just can't see anyway Thomas isn't really good next year. Aside from his talent and skill level, he's the clear cut #1 option on the Saints...with Drew Brees still playing at an elite level.
Yeah, I don't see any way Thomas is not at least a borderline WR1 this year. Drew Brees made him a great WR, and it is possible he is a great WR in his own right. But if I can actually get the value of his top 10 ADP, I am happy to sell him for a WR I view similarly plus another piece.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 am

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby smallxl » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:59 pm

Yes to KB and John Brown....forgot about them
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3171
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby Friction » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:32 pm

I see Lockette as a buy for a few people on here. Curious to why, besides what should be a relatively cheap price tag. Not that i disagree, moreso because i have couple tough decisions on cuts and he is right on the line with our shallow rosters.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11313
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:09 am

pokerface40 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:05 pm
FiremanEd wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:29 am
pokerface40 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 am
Buys: Crow, Henry, Martavis, Dez, Cooks, Snead, Rico!!

Sells: M Gordon, D Murray, M Thomas, Tyreek, Reed

Not necessarily guys I have bought or sold, just who I think should be bought and sold at current prices(although I have bought all of the guys listed this off-season)
I have a tough time with some of those buys considering Crowell is at his higher price ever, Martavis is at his highest price in a long time, and Snead very much the same. Rico also is now a popular name and valued at something for the first time ever, though still cheap so could be worth the risk depending on the price. I understand there is appeal to the players right now, but buying the others but the prices are going to be at least a 1st round pick and seem to be poorly timed. Tough to mine any value there and you're taking all of the risk.

As to Rico the time to but is absolutely right now if you are a believer. He is a great add-in to a larger deal.
I too am intrigued with Gathers, but that's the caveat, you need to have deep rosters. While I think he stands a good chance at cracking the 53 this year, it's still far from guaranteed. On top of that, I find it extremely unlikely that he nets any real usable fantasy production this year as he is still very raw. That's not to say that he can't become a dynasty darling TE stash like Ladarius Green was back in '13-'14, which would lead to him gaining some value. You're just probably going to need 28+ rosters to have room to sit on him and hope that he develops. He still has the opportunity to be a solid stash even if he never becomes his team's starter though, as I'm sure many of remember what owners were paying to acquire Ladarius a few years ago even though he was just Gates' backup.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby jimmychoi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am

jimmychoi wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:42 am
I can get John Brown really cheap right now, so I'm thinking of taking a flyer on him.
I guess just kidding on Brown. He hurt his quad already :( Doesn't see serious though, and I grabbed him for literally peanuts.

lunchbox12
Starter
Starter
Posts: 579
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby lunchbox12 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:21 am

Kramer wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:11 pm
DJB wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm
Curious why people are selling of M Thomas? Not that i disagree or something just wondering why?
Too many unknowns for me I guess. I could be wrong, but at his price, I would rather have a player like AJG, Nuk, ARob or Hilton. He had everything set up for him last year and I don't know if he can duplicate that or not throughout his career. He's got Brees throwing to him (someone who's made Snead look good). He had Cooks taking the top off the defense to divert attention from him. Now he's the #1 on the team with not too many other weapons, so defenses will focus on him. The team in general was scoring a lot (half their games they scored 30 or more points), so I would expect him to have good stats. What happens if they start running the ball more with their RB additions. I would just rather have players that have performed without the best QBs (Nuk, ARob) or someone like Hilton who's tied to Luck for the rest of his career. Who knows when Brees might hang it up. I'm not questioning his talent, he might be the next big thing, but his price just seems too high for me right now.

In the two auction startups I did this summer, he was the second highest bid WR in one (only Evans had more bid on him) and the 6th highest in the other (ahead of guys like Cooper, ARob and Nuk). You can find people who are way too high on him and cash out for better assets imo.

Sold Thomas 1.3 for ObJ + Rishard Mathews Lol
12 team no ppr Dynaasty-- year 2-- 1 QB-2RB-2WR-1FLEX (RB/WR)-1TE

QB- Drew Brees/ Derek Carr
RB- DJ/Jordan Howard/Mccafrey/J Stewart/Perine/Lacy/Dixon
WR- Hopkins/Jordy/ Marvin Jones/ Moncrief/Fitzgerald/Alshon Jeffrey
TE- Delanie Walker/Cameron beats

10 team 2QB 25 roster 4 taxi ppr. Start 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2F
QB-Cousins/tyrod/Dalton/Brett Hundley/Trevor semien
RB- Bell/Cmc/Gio/J Charles/ W gallman/ Mike Davis/ Gore/Lacy/Elijah McGuire/Montgomery/Lat Murray/J stew/Dwash
WR- Allen/Kupp/Galloday/Parker/Meredith/Shepard/seth Roberts/Trevor Davis/John Brown/Travis Benjamin.
TE-Evan Engram/J Reed/jonnu Smith/J Thomas/G everett
2018 1.01 1.04 1.05.... 4 3rds

grooner
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby grooner » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:02 am

While i would sell m. Thomas and ajayi if I was getting what people are saying in here, in my leagues where I have them no one offers anywhere close to their ADP. People keep offering me a mid first for Thomas with a message saying that's where he went last year and this is a better draft now. No way I sell for that. If I could get someone like Evans or OBJ for him, I would sell 100%

User avatar
skip
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 18733
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: Who are you buying or selling?

Postby skip » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:18 pm

grooner wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:02 am
While i would sell m. Thomas and ajayi if I was getting what people are saying in here, in my leagues where I have them no one offers anywhere close to their ADP. People keep offering me a mid first for Thomas with a message saying that's where he went last year and this is a better draft now. No way I sell for that. If I could get someone like Evans or OBJ for him, I would sell 100%
This year has more first round running backs. But the WR class is very weak. All of Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, Thomas and even Shepard would go this year ahead of all of them except maybe Davis.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ski mask ready and 3 guests