Best rookie RB after the top 4

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Best rookie RB after the top 4

Postby Cy23 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:30 am

I think Hunt is the next RB, but I intentionally traded down and targeted Kamara. Starting in 2018, and definitely by 2019, I expect good things :) If you need help this year, Hunt may be your guy -- but if Ware keeps the starting job, Hunt is in a worse situation than Kamara.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:02 am

Perine or Jamaal Williams.

So many people going to be shocked in this forum when Foreman doesn't live up to the hype.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:27 am

I'd shop the pick at 1.06. I don't like Mike Williams as much as most folks so I'd see what I could get for him. I'd rather get a guy like Derrick Henry or Tevin Coleman plus something if I could.

KenAndTonic
Rookie
Rookie

Postby KenAndTonic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:01 am

I'd trade the 1.06 and go RB with each of your top 3 picks. I realize in the minority here, but my RB order would be:

Perine
Hunt
Foreman
Joe Williams
Kamara
Wayne Gallman
Jamaal Wiliams
Aaron Jones
Mack
McNichols

TTHTD
Starter
Starter

Postby TTHTD » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:29 am

It's fascinating how much higher everyone is on Foreman here than any other forum I visit... most concensus rankings I've seem usually look like

T2- Perine/Hunt/Kamara

T3- Foreman/Williams/Mack

T4- everyone else

I agree with that ranking personally. Seeing people take Foreman, Williams, and Mack in the 1st makes me wish I was playing in those leagues.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:28 pm

TTHTD wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:29 am
It's fascinating how much higher everyone is on Foreman here than any other forum I visit... most concensus rankings I've seem usually look like

T2- Perine/Hunt/Kamara

T4- everyone else

I agree with that ranking personally. Seeing people take Foreman, Williams, and Mack in the 1st makes me wish I was playing in those leagues.
On this forum nearly everyone has taken Foreman mid to late 2nd or early 3rd. Very few people have taken him late 1st (like I have). I think he's been one of the better values out there based on where people have been getting him.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Andrew Luck/
RB: Nick Chubb/Josh Jacobs/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Warren
WR: Odell Beckham/Juju Smith-Schuster/Sammy Watkins/Michael Gallup/Kenny Stills/Antonio Calloway/Marques Valdes Scantling/Dante Pettis/Trequan Smith/Eq St Brown/J'Mon Moore
TE: Trey Burton/Dallas Goedert/Gerald Everett

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 1.1, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Chris_R wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:28 pm
TTHTD wrote:

T2- Perine/Hunt/Kamara

T4- everyone else

On this forum nearly everyone has taken Foreman mid to late 2nd or early 3rd. Very few people have taken him late 1st (like I have). I think he's been one of the better values out there based on where people have been getting him.
yeah, but when he's being suggested as the 4th RB off the board in the 1st like in this thread I have a hard time seeing the value anymore.
DLF IDP Invitational II- '14 champ
QB: A. Luck, B. Roethlisberger, K. Cousins, D. Prescott
RB: J. Mixon, R. Penny, T. Coleman, A. Jones, G. Bernard, J. Stewart, C. Artis-Payne
WR: O. Beckham, A. Brown, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Jeffery, M. Gallup, D. Chark, M. Lee, K. Golladay
TE: J. Doyle, C. Clay, D. Goeddert
DL: M. Edwards, G. Atkins, N. Suh, L. Joseph
LB: C. Kirksey, J. Brown, K. Van Noy, R. Ragland, K. Minter, J. Ryan
DB: M. Hyde, J. Poyer, J. Adams

Team 2:
QB: P. Rivers, B. Mayfield, A. Smith, C. Keenum
RB: L. Fournette, K. Hunt, K. Johnson, J. White, C. Prosise, J. Hill,
WR: A. Green, D. Hopkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, P. Garcon, D. Amendola, A. Hurns, D. Cain
TE: G. Kittle, A. Seferian-Jenkins, R. Gathers, I. Thomas

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:57 pm

seahawks506 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 pm
Chris_R wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:28 pm
TTHTD wrote:

T2- Perine/Hunt/Kamara

T4- everyone else

yeah, but when he's being suggested as the 4th RB off the board in the 1st like in this thread I have a hard time seeing the value anymore.
Considering the expert pre mock draft I posted among others many already had him as the #5 RB anyway, it isn't like he was just some fringe player who vaulted out of nowhere. That was where a lot of people saw him. And seeing as how he has very seldomly gone in the 1st of very many peoples drafts posted here that's the exact definition of value to me. Also this thread is suggesting who comes after the top 4, not in the top 4. Plus based off replies it's hardly a consensus Foreman is the 5th best RB, its been a mixed bag of Perine, Hunt, Kamara, Foreman, etc.

Guess I'm not understanding how all of them can be fine valued as a late 1st and somehow Foreman doesn't have good value when he was already projected there, and is unanimously going later then the 1st round. In fact it's pretty rare Foreman goes in the 1st at all if you polled owners on this site which makes his value some of the best. Guys who were projected 2nd and 3rd round and went to a good situation so they get vaulted to a late 1st are the ones with questionable value.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP

WR: Odell Beckham/Juju Smith-Schuster/Sammy Watkins/Michael Gallup/Kenny Stills/Antonio Calloway/Marques Valdes Scantling/Dante Pettis/Trequan Smith/Eq St Brown/J'Mon Moore

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Is it just me or was Foreman consistently in the discussion as a 1st Round pick up until the draft?

I was seeing mocks with him a 1.10-1.12 easily. So to me, it's not as if his now built up hype is unwarranted. He's a divisive prospect, every class needs one.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion

Mahomes, Stafford, Mariota, Flacco, Lock
Kerryon, Williams KCC, Hines, Love, Ozigbo, Adams, Barber, Burkhead, Martin, McGuire, Montgomery, Riddick, Wilson Jr.
Allen, Cooks, Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Thielen, Ross, Allison, Hamilton, Lasley
Kelce, Kittle

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:10 pm

If you don't have one guy you are crazy about, try to trade back some and take whoever is left of the 5-6 different RBs that all have a case to be next. Seeing as you already have 1.08, and assuming you aren't in total rebuild, maybe just trade the pick for an established RB. You could net a McCoy or D. Murray with that pick likely. Or if you want to gamble try to snag a RB like Abdullah or Montgomery plus a little taste.

SACK99
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SACK99 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks all.
I am OTC.
I posted that I would trade 1-6 but so far, no response.
The guy with 1-5 tried to trade the pick that ended up being Cook but didn't/couldn't. I know I thought he was asking an unreasonable price. I asked what it would take to drop 1 spot and he asked for 1-6, Landry, and another player/pick. I just said no thanks.
So, barring someone with a last minute offer, I will be picking tonite.
So, think I'm gonna do OJ now(at least I will get the top player @ his position and @ a position I'll need soon), one of these RBs @ 1-8, and hope a decent RB prospect is @ 3-5. It is also an IDP so, maybe part way through the 2nd a few IDPs will go and drop another RB to me. After that, I only have 2 5ths.

cazzie33
Captain
Captain

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 pm

I'm in the same boat as you but we have the luxury of waiting until end of August so a lot will be shaken out by then.

As it is today I'm thinking the big 4 RB's are gone along with C.Davis in top 5 picks. Marshawn is sitting there too and as one of the favorites he could make sense A.) Likely to be double digits in TD's and a candidate for 1,000 yds with a great o-line in front of him ; B.) Keeps him away from our competition.

But more likely I will try to add to the 1.06 and try to move up to get a younger RB. Failing that I will try to move back and pick up additional piece or two. Would be willing to move all the way back to number 15 . Our draft also has Pryor and Tyreek plus the rookies. Really thinking about punting the pick and going for a 2018 first rd pick plus something.

SACK99
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SACK99 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 am

Just an update, Took OJ @ 1-6 and Hunt 1-8 (Perine went 7) (had no 2nd) traded for 3-3 and Foreman was there.
The guy @ 3-2 is kinda weak @ RB so thought he't take him so, tried to trade up to 3-1 but couldn't. Got lucky(if he pans out)

NOW, OTC in 1 pick. (3-5, also no more picks till the 5th round so odds are most or all of these will be gone))
Can go another RB like McNichols, Jamaal Williams, Conner, a vet like Burkhead, J.Richard.
BPA is prolly Carlos Henderson, also @ WR are Kupp, TayTAy, Stewart, or a vet like R.Woods, Malcolm Mitchell, Robbie Anderson. (BTW, traded Garcon to get 3-3 and a 2018 pick so, he is gone)
Thought about QB (although I am set for now, they are getting old- Brees, BigBen, Cam) available is all rookies but Mahomes. Also Vet Jimmy Garoppolo. ( 6 per TD, .1 per comp., -2 int and -4 pick6).

Would love some more advice. Not sure where the Vets rank among the rookies.

ps, currently no 1st or 2nd next year draft
Last edited by SACK99 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:45 am

Perine is a great value with a clear path.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 1st 2019 2nd
1 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 Flex, K, LB, DB, DL(11 starters total)(30 Man Rosters, 1 IR)

QB: Aaron Rodgers(1.01/'12), Mitchell Trubisky(2.04/'17), Gardner Minshew(Trade'20), Ryan Tannehill(WW/'19)
RB: Todd Gurley(1.04/'15), Joe Mixon(Trade'18), Nick Chubb(2.08/'18), Tarik Cohen(WW/'17), Raheem Mostert(WW/'19), Kenyan Drake(Trade'20)
WR: Julio Jones(Trade '20), Mike Evans(Trade '18), Cooper Kupp(Trade '18), Allen Robinson (Trade '19), Parris Campbell(1.10/'19), Andy Isabella(2.02/'19), [IR]Hakeem Butler(2.04/'19), Diontae Johnson(WW/'19)
TE: Mark Andrews(WW/'19), Darren Waller(WW/'19), David Njoku(WW/'19)
K: Zuerlein(WW/'17)
LB: Fred Warner(WW/'19)
DB: Jabril Peppers(WW/'19), Minkah Fitzpatrick(WW/'19)
DL: Sam Hubbard(WW/'19), Josh Allen(WW/'19)

Drop 5, draft 5
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5, 5
2021: 1, 1, 1, 2, 4

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:41 pm

SACK99 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 am
Just an update, Took OJ @ 1-6 and Hunt 1-8 (Perine went 7) (had no 2nd) traded for 3-3 and Foreman was there.
The guy @ 3-2 is kinda weak @ RB so thought he't take him so, tried to trade up to 3-1 but couldn't. Got lucky(if he pans out)

NOW, OTC in 1 pick. (3-5, also no more picks till the 5th round so odds are most or all of these will be gone))
Can go another RB like McNichols, Jamaal Williams, Conner, a vet like Burkhead, J.Richard.
BPA is prolly Carlos Henderson, also @ WR are Kupp, TayTAy, Stewart, or a vet like R.Woods, Malcolm Mitchell, Robbie Anderson. (BTW, traded Garcon to get 3-3 and a 2018 pick so, he is gone)
Thought about QB (although I am set for now, they are getting old- Brees, BigBen, Cam) available is all rookies but Mahomes. Also Vet Jimmy Garoppolo. ( 6 per TD, .1 per comp., -2 int and -4 pick6).

Would love some more advice. Not sure where the Vets rank among the rookies.

ps, currently no 1st or 2nd next year draft
And yet and still some people swear Foreman is overvalued or something lol he's the best value pick there is based off most drafts. Good job so far.

I personally like McNichols there. In an offense as good as the Bucs is, a potential starting RB will be valuable. McNichols has at least some shot to start in 2018.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP