BS Trading Practices

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: BS Trading Practices

Postby jeffster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Seems like a good time to point to the article I wrote last year about the rules of dynasty trading! Link in my sig.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:39 pm

I don't have an issue with bad offers if they're followed by better offers. I realize some people send bad offers as a way of just knowing that they can't pay the absolute lowest price for something.

Of course, there are people who only make lopsided trades.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Im a dialogue guy. Tell me who you want from my team and tell me the guys that will be tough to move. Same as when i inquire i like asking about a guy if hes available, the needs that owner has if hr has any interest in some of my guys for him.

Cuts right to the chase and eliminates a 100 trades back and forth and all the B.S.. Problem is some guys say nothing making things tough. In my 3 dynasty teams I can text the majority of owners .

Without a discussion its tough to make trades
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:17 pm

I enjoy getting offers, some are bad and some I'm just not interested in-hit reject. A fair number I counter with something I consider a little more mutually beneficial. It's all fun!
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:21 pm

I always laugh when people say they get "offended" with a subpar offer. It's impossible for an offer to be insulting. At very least it starts a conversation. Personally, I like to make counters to any offer I receive as often as I can.

In this case I can possibly remotely understand your trade partner's logic. He's pretending CJ=Perine and Williams. THat's unlikely in many leagues but going value suggests it's really not that far apart is my guess. Then he wants to cash in on the illusion of Maclin hype and figure you'd counter with a 1st instead of the 2nd he offers. So Maclin and a 2018 1st=Cooper. Obviously it's not very close, but improve the WR in the offer and it's fine. So if he has a lower end WR1/high WR2 plus the first it'd be something to consider imo. Still ask for Maclin or switch Maclin for another position where you need help. Cooper has a skyhigh pricetag but really hasn't earned it yet imo. Could get a lot of value for a player who's value has realistically peaked for the foreseeable future.

If you're open to moving Cooper, send him a counter for what you want.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:22 am

DJB wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 pm Im a dialogue guy. Tell me who you want from my team and tell me the guys that will be tough to move. Same as when i inquire i like asking about a guy if hes available, the needs that owner has if hr has any interest in some of my guys for him.

Cuts right to the chase and eliminates a 100 trades back and forth and all the B.S..
I'm the same way. What's odd is that this is frowned upon by a lot of people.

melohaven
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby melohaven » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:31 am

I do something that others would probably disagree with. If I get constant bad offers from the same team I just ignore them until they either expire or a day before they expire. But if its from a team that I rarely hear from I will decline and move on.

For example, in the same week I got these two offers two weeks ago from the same team that were awful and they constantly send these. In a 16 team league.

1) I get: Ryan Mathews, 2.12 and 3.12
He gets: 1.03

2) I get: 1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12
He gets 1.03

So I will constantly just ignore these offers from this team.

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:41 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:03 pm All part of the game. Some owners send worse offers than others, but none of us send great offers every time. When it comes to trading, I'm a dialogue guy. I like to express my interest in a player, ask the owner what pieces on my team he has interest in, then try to put something together.
The problem I run into when I do this is, I'll express my interest in a mid-range player... let's say Jeremy Maclin. I'll ask what pieces I have that they'd have interest in and the respond "I like Zeke, Evans, and Amari". Really dude? That doesn't help at all. Everyone loves those players, but do you think I'd trade any of them for mid-range player X? Give me something realistic to work with.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:22 am
DJB wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 pm Im a dialogue guy. Tell me who you want from my team and tell me the guys that will be tough to move. Same as when i inquire i like asking about a guy if hes available, the needs that owner has if hr has any interest in some of my guys for him.

Cuts right to the chase and eliminates a 100 trades back and forth and all the B.S..
I like to see an offer on the table first, sort of a "this is legit, skin in the game" sort of thing. Once that initial offer is rejected is a great time to launch this sort of discussion. If someone opens with discussion and no offer, I sort of feel like I'm wasting my time. Nothing worse than a verbal acceptance that isn't followed through on.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:00 am

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:15 pm P.S. Remember to publicly call out mega-dumb trades. I do. About all you can do really, besides move on.

One step ahead of you. :twisted:
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 am

melohaven wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:31 am I do something that others would probably disagree with. If I get constant bad offers from the same team I just ignore them until they either expire or a day before they expire. But if its from a team that I rarely hear from I will decline and move on.

For example, in the same week I got these two offers two weeks ago from the same team that were awful and they constantly send these. In a 16 team league.

He gets 1.03

But what do the trade calculators say?

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 am

jeffster wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:22 am

I like to see an offer on the table first, sort of a "this is legit, skin in the game" sort of thing. Once that initial offer is rejected is a great time to launch this sort of discussion. If someone opens with discussion and no offer, I sort of feel like I'm wasting my time. Nothing worse than a verbal acceptance that isn't followed through on.
Depends on the owner. If it's someone i know well i can easily text them ideas or a discussion. If its someone i dont know as well typically i make an offer along with a few sentences about what im interested in or what not.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

melohaven
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby melohaven » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 am
melohaven wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:31 am I do something that others would probably disagree with. If I get constant bad offers from the same team I just ignore them until they either expire or a day before they expire. But if its from a team that I rarely hear from I will decline and move on.

He gets 1.03

Don't need a trade calculator to know these are terrible offers.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:16 pm

hammertoes wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:41 am
BuckeyeNation wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:03 pm All part of the game. Some owners send worse offers than others, but none of us send great offers every time. When it comes to trading, I'm a dialogue guy. I like to express my interest in a player, ask the owner what pieces on my team he has interest in, then try to put something together.
The problem I run into when I do this is, I'll express my interest in a mid-range player... let's say Jeremy Maclin. I'll ask what pieces I have that they'd have interest in and the respond "I like Zeke, Evans, and Amari". Really dude? That doesn't help at all. Everyone loves those players, but do you think I'd trade any of them for mid-range player X? Give me something realistic to work with.
I had literally exactly this happen to me the other day.

I sent a couple offers to a guy in my league who has a very rough team which is not very good. Both were good deals, slightly in his favor but I was looking to consolidate roster space. No studs or elite level players involved.

He responds, "From your team I would want either Cooks, Amari, or A-Rob, that's all I want, nothing else". Dude doesn't have the firepower anywhere on his team to get players like that, which I told him. His response: "Well those are the only guys I want, if you want to do a trade with me you have to include one of them". Okay, hoss, hold your breath waiting for the offer then. :wtf:
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:13 pm

melohaven wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 am

He gets 1.03

Don't need a trade calculator to know these are terrible offers.
I was being sarcastic. Trade calculators are terrible.