MFL live scoring

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dcr1984
Captain
Captain

MFL live scoring

Postby dcr1984 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:18 am

I know there is a whole thread on the best dynasty sites but...

We are thinking of moving our league to MFL this year but none of us have ever used it before. Our only holdup is we don't know how well their live scoring works and how usable it on on mobile devices (do they have an app?)

Any thoughts on MFL welcome, thanks!
Team 1: (20 man rosters)
10 team, negative 0.1 pt per pass, rush, reception. (1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 K / 1 DEF)

QB: Jackson, Geno
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Ekeler, Foreman, Patterson
WR: Hill, Wilson, Deebo, Allen, Jeudy, Meyers, Zay Jones, OBJ
TE: Hockenson
K: Dicker
Def: SF, Phi, Dallas

2023: 1.07

Team 2: (18 man rosters)
10 team, 0.5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 WR/RB, 1 TE, K, Def)

Qb: Jackson, Cousins, Lance
RB: Taylor, Fournette, Gibson, Patterson, Gaskin, Elijah Mitchell
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, DJM, Lamb, Rondale Moore
TE: Kelce
Def: Cin

Team 3:
12 Team PPR SF/1.5 TE Premium (QB-2RB-3WR-2RB/WR/TE flex, 1 superflex)
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Lawrence
RB: Taylor, Swift, Henry, Hall, Patterson, Wilson, Burkhead, Ingram
WR: Adams, Lamb, A-Rob, JuJu, Calloway, Berrios,
TE: Kittle, Gesicki, Gronk, McBride, Hurst, Jonnu
2023: 2nd, 2nd
2024: 3,4

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: MFL live scoring

Postby FiremanEd » Sat May 27, 2017 7:26 am

Live scoring is as expected - live scoring. Can be viewed on the website or app (MFL 2017). There is a second app (MFL Platinum) I don't use but I assume offers it much the same. Both are free.

If IDP, note that things like TFL and QB Hits are always added post game. Stat adjustments occur Thursday's as normal given the NFL stat crews completions.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sat May 27, 2017 7:40 am

Live scoring is fine and there are two apps, I believe both are made by a third party.

I moved our league to MFL last year... as the commissioner, I loved it. Unfortunately, the other owners did not enjoy it and they have requested to move... probably back to espn. They couldn't get past how the site wasn't very "user friendly" compared to the major sites that they are used to.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 am

HereForTheComments wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:40 am Live scoring is fine and there are two apps, I believe both are made by a third party.

I moved our league to MFL last year... as the commissioner, I loved it. Unfortunately, the other owners did not enjoy it and they have requested to move... probably back to espn. They couldn't get past how the site wasn't very "user friendly" compared to the major sites that they are used to.
You mean pretty, not use friendly. Other sites are like picking up the hot (slutty) chick at the bar. She looks good at first but she comes with lots of baggage and problems. You're better off with a more practical choice for the long term.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 am

Skip is right and i like the analogy. Stick with the site you can take home to mom and dad.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:30 pm

I've got an Android device and the only MFL app I can find is titled MyFantasyLeague.com Tracker and costs $4.95. Can someone point me in the right direction?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Raptus
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raptus » Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am

I use the MFL Platinum app for Android - it's free, fully functional and works great. I like some of it more than the actual site.
==================================================================
12 TM -- .5 PPR -- Superflex,K,DEF

QB - Luck, Mayfield, Prescott, Taysom Hill
RB - Barkley, D. Freeman, Lindsay, Kerryon, Josh Adams
WR - Thielen, Diggs, Marvin Jones, Godwin, Sutton, Cole, MVS, David Moore
TE - Henry, Ebron, Herndon, Thomas, Geisicki, Everett

12 TM -- .5 PPR -- Superflex,K,DEF

QB - Luck, Wentz, Jackson, Winston, Tannehill
RB - Gordon, Mack, Howard, Peterson, J. Jackson, Bernard
WR - Hilton, Golladay, Kupp, Kirk, Godwin, Samuel, Ateman, Mckenzie
TE - Kittle, Henry, Ebron, Burton, Herndon, Thomas

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue May 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Raptus wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am I use the MFL Platinum app for Android - it's free, fully functional and works great. I like some of it more than the actual site.
Thanks, but like kmbryant09 said, it's not even in the Play Store.

I used to have Platinum, but have since gotten a new phone. Can't find it to re-download it.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 1:51 pm
Raptus wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am I use the MFL Platinum app for Android - it's free, fully functional and works great. I like some of it more than the actual site.
Thanks, but like kmbryant09 said, it's not even in the Play Store.

I used to have Platinum, but have since gotten a new phone. Can't find it to re-download it.
That's my problem. A leaguemate of mine said the same thing - to download "MFL Platinum" - but that doesn't show up for me in the Google Play Store.

Anyone with insight into MFL know if the app is coming to Android?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Gosteelers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Gosteelers » Wed May 31, 2017 5:24 am

I downloaded my copy from Amazon.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Wed May 31, 2017 6:42 am

There is no reason for a 3rd party app guys. Just use the web site. Especially with the total redesign this off-season it's now a "responsive" mobile site. Make sure to use one of the current skins and you're golden. If viewed on a phone all the modules will collapse into a very mobile friendly and designed for mobile site.

As for live scoring, pretty much like any other site. Guy does something live it's shortly updated on the site. The one thing I would recommend is installing the updated scoreboard from Habman/TOS as found here on the MFL forums: http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forum ... opic=35539
It's very easy, about 30 seconds of cut and paste basically. Rumor is this may become the default and "built in" MFL scoreboard but we'll see. These guys have been working hard with MFL for months updating MFL and integrating some of their long used custom scripts into the default site. Good stuff.

I'll also add that if MFL isn't as "pretty" then frankly that is the fault of the commish for not spending 15 minutes making it so. ;) With the new update making it pretty now is pretty much 2 minutes choosing a skin and you're done. Then just organize your homepage modules with a "less is more" mentality and you're good to go. Heck, with the new updated UI design I actually removed *all* of my hundreds of lines of custom code and I just run bare metal MFL now with just a couple add-ons like the updated scoreboard.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Bumping this:

Any recommendations for apps that you can import/build your team and get scoring alerts/push notifications on your phone/tablets/ipads etc? I use MFL for all of my leagues.

I'm really only familiar with bleacher report, that offers what I'm asking about.