The Weak QB Class - Rookie QB Draft Price 2017

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: The Weak QB Class - Rookie QB Draft Price 2017

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:24 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:57 pm Maybe it's just me but I feel like 1-2 months before the draft nobody was high on any QB in this class and then come draft day there's 3 QBs taken in the top 15 and Trubisky is all of a sudden supposed to be the face of a franchise?

Not interested in this year's QB class at all.
I dont think it is you per say - there definitely was a narrative that this was supposed to be a weak QB class pre NFL draft by some - hence in part why I named the thread the way I did.

I do think though that part of the reason this is considered a weak class is because there are not many Pro-ready QBs ready to start Day I, and most of the upside QBs are developmental QBs who likely need some to plenty of seasoning to reach their potential. Unfortunately I cannot recall what the hype was like around a Big Ben or an Aaron Rodgers (2 QBs who fell in their respective drafts if slightly) and definitely dont know how strong their draft classes looked at the time versus how they look now (Fitzpatrick has been a servicable journeyman and he was drafted in the 7th) - but I do think that it is too early to write off any of them. I think this will be considered a successful QB class if at least 2 QBs put up at least 1 servicable starting season.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Original post updated to include all drafts that have completed up til now = still have 4-5 more to post later in the off-season.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:19 am

This post is somewhat synonymous with another at the top of this forum about the rookie QBs and to me, a lot of teams can't afford or don't want to pay the steep price of a starting QB and are left with two choices:

1. Sign a backup, with guys like: Mallett (LOL), Keenum (lol), Hoyer (meh, he's had moments), Osweiler (yikes), Gabbert (woof), Matt Flynn (lolx100)

2. Draft someone, who you can try to mold around the needs of your team.

I honestly don't know (nor have I looked back that far) to see when the last successful FA Backup QB signing was (not including Brees, Peyton, Palmer, etc.). Then, most recently, you see the Osweiler debacle with that huge contract and to me, that just has to scare teams away from going down Option #1.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:08 pm

I was happy to grab Trubisky in the 2nd. I can afford to sit on him for a few years as Rodgers enters the twilight of his career. I know Mr. Buscuit took some heat for throwing two INTs early in the Stanford game, but I thought it took some mettle to get them back in the game. It was close to a comeback victory because of his play.

Watch the last drive of that game and watch how he moves in the pocket and how he was delivering the ball on point against a better team. The WRs had several drops, but his placement was impressive. He needs time to develop obviously, but I see something there...
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2