Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:58 pm

Here’s hoping I can flip him for anything after picking him up for free.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:40 am

@MikeGarafolo
Talking to #Chiefs folks here at the Linc and they’re backing up what @RapSheet says here. Josh Gordon arrived in incredible shape for a guy who hasn’t played in almost two years. He’s at 7 percent body fat at 230 pounds. Freakish.
Time is a flat circle.

It's happening again. :lol:

Chance to be active next week. Your sell-window drum-beat is now officially banging open.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:50 am

mild wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:40 am
@MikeGarafolo
Talking to #Chiefs folks here at the Linc and they’re backing up what @RapSheet says here. Josh Gordon arrived in incredible shape for a guy who hasn’t played in almost two years. He’s at 7 percent body fat at 230 pounds. Freakish.
Time is a flat circle.

It's happening again. :lol:

Chance to be active next week. Your sell-window drum-beat is now officially banging open.
Yawn to the hype on twitter. I have picked up Gordon, and yeah. It's time to float a few offers out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:50 am Yawn to the hype on twitter. I have picked up Gordon, and yeah. It's time to float a few offers out.
Yawn away, but 7% body fat at 230 isn't hype, that's good information. Sounds like the fella knows this is his last chance and has stayed in really good shape.

If he's in that kind of shape then I could actually see this kinda working out. You know Mahomes is going to look for him and show him off if he is immediately getting open.

And like - how is he not going to be open? You've still got to bracket one of Kelce or Hill. No-one will double Gordon, or even assign their best coverage backs to him.

I grabbed my end-of-roster share in Dynasty, but it's actually the most exciting to me as a Mahomes owner. It's another arrow to the quiver; a reliable set of hands. Let's see it!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:02 am

mild wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:50 am Yawn to the hype on twitter. I have picked up Gordon, and yeah. It's time to float a few offers out.
Yawn away, but 7% body fat at 230 isn't hype, that's good information. Sounds like the fella knows this is his last chance and has stayed in really good shape.

If he's in that kind of shape then I could actually see this kinda working out. You know Mahomes is going to look for him and show him off if he is immediately getting open.

And like - how is he not going to be open? You've still got to bracket one of Kelce or Hill. No-one will double Gordon, or even assign their best coverage backs to him.

I grabbed my end-of-roster share in Dynasty, but it's actually the most exciting to me as a Mahomes owner. It's another arrow to the quiver; a reliable set of hands. Let's see it!
We'll see. If he starts making plays, I'm moving him. Gordon may be a WR3 or something, but I am still not overly optimistic at much more. Gordon has always been in great shape when he's been in the NFL. That's never been his issue. He's a big body WR with some speed, but he's never really expanded his arsenal, because he's got other priorities. Just not sure how much better his skill set will be at 30 than it was at 28.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:02 am We'll see. If he starts making plays, I'm moving him. Gordon may be a WR3 or something, but I am still not overly optimistic at much more. Gordon has always been in great shape when he's been in the NFL. That's never been his issue. He's a big body WR with some speed, but he's never really expanded his arsenal, because he's got other priorities. Just not sure how much better his skill set will be at 30 than it was at 28.
I think the hype will start building this week beyond what the reality might be, this might even be the better time to move him. It could just fizzle, for sure. We're talking about a guy we got for free, you know? You don't go broke cashing those.

Devils advocate though: Say all you like about him and his shape, but you can't deny that this is the best situation he's ever been in. If the talent is still there, then this could be really fun. We're talking WR3 potential as you say - for free - on the Chiefs offense.

He's been on some good teams with some good QB's - but I can't remember any time he was considered the 3rd most dangerous pass catcher on his team in his prime. This is, in fact, #good.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:16 am

mild wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:12 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:02 am We'll see. If he starts making plays, I'm moving him. Gordon may be a WR3 or something, but I am still not overly optimistic at much more. Gordon has always been in great shape when he's been in the NFL. That's never been his issue. He's a big body WR with some speed, but he's never really expanded his arsenal, because he's got other priorities. Just not sure how much better his skill set will be at 30 than it was at 28.
I think the hype will start building this week beyond what the reality might be, this might even be the better time to move him. It could just fizzle, for sure. We're talking about a guy we got for free, you know? You don't go broke cashing those.

Devils advocate though: Say all you like about him and his shape, but you can't deny that this is the best situation he's ever been in. If the talent is still there, then this could be really fun. We're talking WR3 potential as you say - for free - on the Chiefs offense.

He's been on some good teams with some good QB's - but I can't remember any time he was considered the 3rd most dangerous pass catcher on his team in his prime. This is, in fact, #good.
Watkins didn't do much in that role in that offence. Other than some random high scoring games that is impossible to predict.
Best ball league is the format to own any WRs in KC outside Tyreek and Kelce.

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:37 am

trc wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:16 am
mild wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:12 am

Watkins didn't do much in that role in that offence. Other than some random high scoring games that is impossible to predict.
All you really need is him to show something in his first game or two and I bet most will be able to sell him for something.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:50 am

He has been promoted to the active roster.

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:30 pm

trc wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:16 am Watkins didn't do much in that role in that offence. Other than some random high scoring games that is impossible to predict.
You're not wrong, but this year they've felt thinner more than ever behind the big two. In the Watkins years, they were still rotating Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman in for a healthy number of snaps; if Watkins had turned back time and utterly dominated there's no doubt in my mind he could have outright taken that WR2 role. They've been begging for somebody to step up and take that role.

This year, it just hasn't happened. They wanted one of those home-grown guys to take a step, but it's just not there. The fact that they are already talking up Gordon to the beat tells me plenty about how they're feeling about Hardman and Robinson.

If they can make a defense even think twice about not doubling Tyreek or Kelce (the current plan in every game) then that will be a huge win for the offense. Head case that he is, when Josh Gordon is on the field he can win catches and demand a defense account for him. I think Pat is dying for someone else reliable to throw to; I expect he'll target him in his limited snaps this week to make a point of it, and test him out. Watch this space, for sure. (And yes, he would be a must-own in best ball formats right now)

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Million dollar question. Is anyone ballsy enough to start him this week? Super deep starting requirements? Huge leagues? Anybody?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:33 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm Million dollar question. Is anyone ballsy enough to start him this week? Super deep starting requirements? Huge leagues? Anybody?
I'd consider it at FLEX in a 16 or maybe even 14 team league if I was desperate.

Definitely keener to wait and see how he looks for real, though - and it sounds like I'm the most optimistic person here, soooo...

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:55 pm

KC vs Buffalo this week. Plenty of aerial assault from both teams. Should project for a 40-45 score game. Someone has to score those points right? Lerroooy Gordooooooooonnnnnnn!

Reality: it'll finish 10-13 in favor of Buffalo. Stay away.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:27 pm

I would but people would accuse me of throwing the game, so I won’t.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:36 pm

For those wanting to get trades across this week, or those who enjoy the hype (or both)

Here's Travis Kelce sounding borderline delirious and starstruck with what he's seen from Flash Gordon thus far in practice this week:
https://twitter.com/ChiefsHighlight/sta ... 5358733316