Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Chris_R » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:45 pm

dresden wrote: I think his clocked pro-day time will be under 4.50, partly because those are always faster than combine times. If it's over 4.50, he's going to lose a bit of hype.

You really think so? I doubt it. He's 6'4 225, and he hasn't played football in what, 2 years now? I think we tend to want to compare too many WR's to Calvin Johnson territory. At that size, running a mid 4.5 is a great time for an in game shape athlete who had been training for months. That's combine or pro day. Kendall Wright barely broke a 4.5 at his pro day and look how little he is. 4.4 and under would just show that he is an exceptional athlete with supreme athleticism, but I don't see a 4.5 as a let down at all. That's fast as hell when your pushing 230.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 am

lbouchard wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote:His pro-day is coming up... even on the unreliable hand timed proday that makes people look faster then they are, I highly doubt he's running 4.3 as claimed in some places. I will take bets from anyone who thinks his proday time is going to be under 4.4.
if the over-under is 4.50 which side do you got?
With the hand timing, he better go under 4.5 or few cars are going to come uncoupled from his the hype train. Then he won't be super fast for his size, but he'll still be very raw and have a ton of red flags. I don't think it's out of the question that he doesn't run under a 4.5. It's not like he's been training for this proday for numerous months for an upcoming combine or proday. At the combine, I doubt he would go under 4.5 with impartial computer timing. I'm looking for a mid to high 4.4 from an over active and edgy human hand that starts a tad late and ends a tad early.

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

Rotoworld report:

Baylor WR Josh Gordon measured in at 6-foot-3, 224 pounds in his Tuesday Pro Day, and was timed at 4.52 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

They compare it to Quick's and Randle's combine times, but those may not be an effective comparison since pro day times typically seem faster than what those same players run at the combine.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Purple Pride » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:02 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-pro-day/

Caplan reports that Gordon ran a 4.52 forty-yard dash after measuring in at 6-foot-3 1/8 and 224 pounds. Gordon recorded a 36-inch vertical leap with a 10-foot, 1-inch broad jump. He did 13 reps on the bench.

The Philadelphia Eagles, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, and Dallas Cowboys were among the teams confirmed to have attended. Obviously, there were Texans officials on hand, too. In all, 21 teams showed up.
12 Team,PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1PK, 1DT+DE, 1LB, 1CB+S, 1DEF Size: 25 players (29 offseason), 4 Taxi, 2 IR
QB: G Minshew, T Bridgewater, J Stidham
RB: J White, D Johnson T. Coleman, P Barber, K Ballage, M Brown, R Anderson, J.K, Dobbins [TS], D Swift [TS]
WR: O Beckham, A.J Brown, K Allen, T Hilton, M Williams, C Samuel, A Miller, P Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, A Lazard
TE: R Gronkowski, D Waller, M Gesicki, B Jarwin
PK: M Prater DE: D Hunter LB: J Schobert S: H Smith DEF: Ravens Draft Picks 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4
2017 League Champions; 2018, 2016 Third Place

Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Purple Pride » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 am

From Rotoworld player news:

Baylor WR Josh Gordon reportedly pulled his quadriceps muscle during the forty-yard dash at Tuesday's Pro Day.
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports Gordon still plans to try running routes later in the day, so it doesn't appear to be a serious injury. The last two supplemental draft prospects to garner this much nation-wide hype, Harvey Unga and Terrell Pryor, have combined to appear in a grand total of two games over the past two NFL seasons.
12 Team,PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1PK, 1DT+DE, 1LB, 1CB+S, 1DEF Size: 25 players (29 offseason), 4 Taxi, 2 IR
RB: J White, D Johnson T. Coleman, P Barber, K Ballage, M Brown, R Anderson, J.K, Dobbins [TS], D Swift [TS]
WR: O Beckham, A.J Brown, K Allen, T Hilton, M Williams, C Samuel, A Miller, P Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, A Lazard
PK: M Prater DE: D Hunter LB: J Schobert S: H Smith DEF: Ravens Draft Picks 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:49 am

He ran all his routes and didn't drop a ball. Don't know how he looked on the routes though.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:26 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:He ran all his routes and didn't drop a ball. Don't know how he looked on the routes though.
Yea I am curious. I think it is a given he will get drafted. I kind of want to see how he looks in the preseason but he is worth the stash in deep leagues.

Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Purple Pride » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:25 pm

From Rotoworld:

Baylor WR Josh Gordon reportedly passed an unannounced urine test given by the NFL last week.
Gordon's off-field issues at Baylor included a failed drug test as well as a marijuana arrest at a Taco Bell drive-thru back in 2010. Interested NFL teams will be pleased that Gordon's passed this pop quiz. Although a seemingly minor quadriceps pull kept Gordon from attempting three-cone and shuttle drills Tuesday, TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that his hands were "exceptional" and his Wonderlic score was on par with expectations for a quarterback.

Do you think he may have cleaned up his act??? I'm a little nervous that he said he was entering the draft for "financial needs", does this mean that he will not be self motivated to improve?? Either way I stashed him on my roster for my deep dynasty league.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 pm

To everyone who has already stashed him, what type of system do you have in place? Fleaflicker doesn't have him loaded yet so only the 1 draft we had that was still closing out enabled someone to grab him with a late 5th round pick, same for me. I am in a 2QB Yahoo league finishing it's draft now and I grabbed him in the final round yesterday. Other then that, to my knowledge we have to wait until he is added, and people will have to budget their WW claims in whenever that happens. Outside of that, I'm curious how some of you were able to add him already.

WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson

Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Purple Pride » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Chris_R wrote:To everyone who has already stashed him, what type of system do you have in place? Fleaflicker doesn't have him loaded yet so only the 1 draft we had that was still closing out enabled someone to grab him with a late 5th round pick, same for me. I am in a 2QB Yahoo league finishing it's draft now and I grabbed him in the final round yesterday. Other then that, to my knowledge we have to wait until he is added, and people will have to budget their WW claims in whenever that happens. Outside of that, I'm curious how some of you were able to add him already.

We use myfantasyleague.com (MFL) and he was added to the FA list on the waiver wire on Thursday July 5th early in the morning I think. My league does not have any special rules for the supplemental draft so he basically was a free waiver wire pick up.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 pm

kdoomster wrote:
Chris_R wrote:To everyone who has already stashed him, what type of system do you have in place? Fleaflicker doesn't have him loaded yet so only the 1 draft we had that was still closing out enabled someone to grab him with a late 5th round pick, same for me. I am in a 2QB Yahoo league finishing it's draft now and I grabbed him in the final round yesterday. Other then that, to my knowledge we have to wait until he is added, and people will have to budget their WW claims in whenever that happens. Outside of that, I'm curious how some of you were able to add him already.

We use myfantasyleague.com (MFL) and he was added to the FA list on the waiver wire on Thursday July 5th early in the morning I think. My league does not have any special rules for the supplemental draft so he basically was a free waiver wire pick up.

Ah ok that makes more sense then. I guess we just have to wait until flea adds him, which may not be until AFTER the supp draft. It's not like he's an unknown to anybody I play in any leagues with, just boils down to how bad to people want him I guess. This is a prime example of why I like multiple dynasty leagues, I've got him in 1 league so that's more then enough, not prepared to destroy my WW budget for 1 player though. I don't think fleaflicker has ever added a FA before, at least not to my memory, but I'll probably take a peek once more before waivers process tomorrow morning.

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:34 pm

kdoomster wrote:From Rotoworld:

Baylor WR Josh Gordon reportedly passed an unannounced urine test given by the NFL last week.
Gordon's off-field issues at Baylor included a failed drug test as well as a marijuana arrest at a Taco Bell drive-thru back in 2010. Interested NFL teams will be pleased that Gordon's passed this pop quiz. Although a seemingly minor quadriceps pull kept Gordon from attempting three-cone and shuttle drills Tuesday, TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that his hands were "exceptional" and his Wonderlic score was on par with expectations for a quarterback.

Do you think he may have cleaned up his act??? I'm a little nervous that he said he was entering the draft for "financial needs", does this mean that he will not be self motivated to improve?? Either way I stashed him on my roster for my deep dynasty league.
I'm not reading much into "financial needs". For all we know, his parents are about to be foreclosed upon or there are medical bills somewhere in his family that need help with. I'm not worried about him anymore than I am any other young athlete who may shortly come into a lot more money than he's ever been exposed to.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Purple Pride » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 pm

From Rotoworld:

SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline projects Baylor WR Josh Gordon to be a second-round pick in Thursday's supplemental draft.
Sporting News draft analyst Russ Lande, meanwhile, considers Gordon a superior NFL prospect to Brian Quick and Stephen Hill based strictly on film study. Pauline describes Gordon as a "tremendous athlete who has an effortless style," with potential to become a legit No. 1 receiver in the pros.

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:04 pm

read this also... his value is all over the board:

Rotoworld:
Josh Gordon - WR - Player
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Robert Griffin III is "pushing the Redskins brass hard" to select Baylor WR Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft.
After an offseason spending spree, the Redskins are flush with receivers. The Sideline View's Adam Caplan doesn't count the Skins among the favorites to draft Gordon , instead listing the Browns, Dolphins, Colts, Bills and Cowboys. Although SI.com's Tony Pauline predicts a second-round selection, an NFL executive and a scout both opined to NFL Network's Albert Breer that Gordon is "overhyped." There's no question Gordon has received undue attention due to the NFL's dead period this month.
Related: Bills, Browns, Colts, Dolphins, Redskins
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Jul 11 - 12:52 PM
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:27 am

Does anyone know when CBS leagues will add him to their player pools? Have an open roster slot and going to take a flier on him.