Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wasik49
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Latest gordon rumor

Postby wasik49 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Why has nothing official been released on this yet?!?! I'm holding onto Gordon, ill never get what I think he's worth. Hopefully he can stop being a knucklehead and start dominating on the field without these headaches he causes me.

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Gordon was/is officially stage 3

Postby joekool » Wed May 28, 2014 11:11 am

The Cleveland Plain Dealer says Josh Gordon was in Stage 3 of the league's substance abuse program at the time of his latest alleged positive test.

It's a crucial distinction because a violation in Stage 3 carries a minimum suspension of one year. Afterward, players must apply for reinstatement to the NFL. Meanwhile, both Gordon and the league have maintained complete silence since the story broke in early May. Gordon's camp is appealing on unknown grounds. Even if the league's archaic marijuana punishments are on the verge of being modernized, we doubt Roger Goodell is going to show leniency to a Stage 3 offender.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

per rotoworld

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Re: Gordon was/is officially stage 3

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Wed May 28, 2014 11:18 am

The best thing I heard about "policy abuse stages" is that they are confidential. The players association mandates that this be confidential. So when I hear about someone KNOWING what stage a player is in it immediately makes me wary of whatever follows.

Having said that, what isn't confidential is the leagues actions that result in each stage of violation. So with not a lot of inference you can be pretty accurate with guessing what stage a payer is in by the action of the NFL. (assuming it is consistent)
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

jason5641
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jason5641 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:20 am

I have grown tired of the JG soap opera. Its killing me. MKC may in fact be right, but since this info is supposed to be confidential I'm not sure how SHE has some crystal ball source and no one else had it for the past 20 days....If she is referring to last years interview with JG on the subject that is pretty bad.
Get ready.....
QB-Ryan, Manning
RB-DJ, Prosise. Dam. Williams, Jon williams, D Woodhead, D Jackson
WR- OBJ, Marty Bryant, J Gordon, Robby Anderson, Ty. Hill, D Funchess, B Perriman, Ja Brown, C Core, C Peake
TE-Graham, Higbee, Anderson

2017-2.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.03, 3.04, 3.05, 4.01
2018-1st, 2nd, 3rd

Sliup
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sliup » Wed May 28, 2014 11:24 am

She says he is in stage 3 but she also said she expects Gordon to ultimately only get a 6-8 week suspension.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Sliup wrote:She says he is in stage 3 but she also said she expects Gordon to ultimately only get a 6-8 week suspension.
Exactly, which makes zero sense if he's in stage 3. So basically we still have no idea whats going on. Blackmon was in stage 3, and they suspended his bleep immediately for his transgression. Stage 3 is cut and dry as far as I can read. If that's the case, why the delay with literally zero information from anyone? We just want to know!!!!

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Wed May 28, 2014 1:32 pm

I don't see how he could already be in stage 3. He entered the league as a stage 1, which is common for dumbasses. Then he received a 2 game suspension for the whole codeine thing. Can't see how they can jump him up from stage 1 to stage 3 and give him. a 2 game suspension. The bigger issue is if he was already in stage 2, like pretty much everyone suspects, and he got in trouble, like he has reportably done, he will never get out of the drug program the rest of his career. Which is the biggest issue as a Gordon owner. That would mean even if he gets his shot together and stays clean for 5 years, if he messes up, like he has shown he will, he is F'ed.

I find Cleveland's actions and the fact that virtually no information on this has been release, odd. One would assume if Gordon was going to be gone for any length of time, the Browns would have addressed WR in what was one of the deepest WR drafts. Then again it is the Browns and they do more bleep that makes no sense then the other way around

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:26 pm

^^^^^^ This. I find it strange that there has been no information released by Gordon, Cleveland, or the NFL I only have Gordon in one league so it won't effect me as much as others, but it just seems odd considering the length of time since the first rumor of this happened.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Cleveland19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cleveland19 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:33 pm

I could be wrong here but isn't there TWO parts to Stage 2 in the drug program? I think thats where MKC might have her info messed up here (she gets confused a lot). This could be why many people assume he's gone for a year, yet we keep hearing rumors of a 6-8 game suspension. All I know for sure is I don't believe anything until the iron fist of the NFL comes down.
12 team, .5ppr, Flex 250 Salary Cap
QB: Kaepernick (1,1,1), Geno (1), Manziel (1,1)
RB: McCoy (39,39), Spiller (13), C Johnson (19,15,10) Tate (10,10,10), Hyde (5,5,5)
WR: Julio (21), A Brown (43,38,33,28,24), Harvin (11), Garcon (9), Patterson (3,3), K Benjamin (2,2,2)
TE: Clay (1)
K: Vinateiri (1)
LB: Pusluszny (5,5), D. Smith (1)
DE: Ware (2,2), Dunlap (1,1)
DB: Burnett(3,4) Barron (6,5,4,3,2)
Cap Space: $9

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu May 29, 2014 9:00 am

Sliup wrote:She says he is in stage 3 but she also said she expects Gordon to ultimately only get a 6-8 week suspension.
Link to the bolded?
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Jules wrote:
Link to the bolded?

The video contained in the link below contains the interview of Mary Kay Cabot, Browns beat writer for the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Discussion of Gordon begins at about the 7 min mark. There is nothing new in this report. She begins by admitting there is almost no information available about Gordon. She then states that based on everything that she has been able to 'gather' dating back to last year, Gordon is in Stage 3. She also says she asked Gordon directly LAST YEAR if one more strike would result in him being banned. She then offers as evidence in support of her report the fact that no one has told her 'she is wrong'. She is very well aware that it is against NFL policy to disclose what stage a player is in, why would someone risk penalty as a result of indirectly disclosing the stage by saying she is incorrect? Poor journalism. We still have no facts concerning Gordon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-program/

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Josh Gordon caught for speeding with weed in his car

Postby DYNOmite » Fri May 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Code: Select all

In addition to his speeding ticket, Gordon's passenger was issued a citation for possession of marijuana in an amount under 200 grams during the traffic stop. The marijuana was found in a blue bag with identification, and Gordon's passenger admitted it was theirs on the scene.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2014/05/30/gordon-issued-speeding-ticket/9785915/
:wall:

lostcause
Captain
Captain

Re: Josh Gordon caught for speeding with weed in his car

Postby lostcause » Fri May 30, 2014 3:55 pm

From someone who does not own Gordon in any league, this has gone from "looking to buy at a discount" to "not my chair, not my problem."

WelkerTexasRanger
Starter
Starter

Postby WelkerTexasRanger » Fri May 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Damnit Josh! How stupid are you?!

xchrisntiffx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xchrisntiffx » Fri May 30, 2014 4:06 pm

This feels like when I had Hernandez on my team.....
10 team non ppr -Scoring:10 yards rush or receiving = 1 pt and 20 return = 1pt. 6 pt rush/rec td. Passing TD 4 points
Start: QB, WR,RB, TE, (W/R/T)x4,K, IPD flex, LB, DT, DE,CB,S
QB: Cam Newton(Car). Winston
TE: Gronkowski( NE), Ebron (det) Eifert (Cin)
RB: A.peterson(min), t.yeldon(jax), tre mason, CJ Spiller, Giovani Bernard(Cin),, M. Ingram(NO),a.blue (hou), c.pain((car),J Mckinnon(Min),I. crowell (Cle)
WR's: Dez, AJ Green(cin),Julio Jones(atl),Randall Cobb(GB), Kennan Allen (San),Kelvin Benjermin ( Car)