Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Josh Gordon to be released

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:03 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:22 pm Ugh, owned Gordon since I bought him for a 3rd a couple of years ago. Was trying to hold out for a 1st this season... just one decent game from him. But nope- maybe's there's still hopes in getting a 1st for him if he signs somewhere, but I'm not sure that's going to happen at this point.
I think the time to sell might have been this offseason before week 1.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Traded him for a first a few hours after he returned to training camp last month.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:49 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:48 pm Everyone is jumping to conclusions on Gordon. Guy is clean, but the Browns are just sick of him being unavailable.
Please, shut up. Unless you work for the Browns or you're in the league office, you have no reason to tell us that a habitual addict is clean when he's just been fired.
One get that stick out of your bleep because I don’t know why you are being so hostile.

Two, a lot of times there is a diluted or positive test/suspension on the horizon it is almost always leaked before its officially reported or enforced (i.e. Bryant, Edelman got leaked early too).

And if he did test positive it probably would have been included in Schefter’s report
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

alex33
Starter
Starter

Postby alex33 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:31 pm

from what nfl.com said is was more of a trust issue and not a substance abuse issue

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -on-monday
starting requirements- 1QB, 2RB, RB/WR, 3WR, WR/TE, TE
10 team league, PPR, 1 point for every 10 completions
QB- Newton, Freeman,
RB- Foster,Mccoy , Doug Martin and David Wilson
WR- AJ Green, Calvin Johnson ,Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Denarius Moore
Te Ed Dickson
team 2
2 ppr, ten teams
starting lineup requirements
roster Requirements 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM
Totals 20: 11 Starters, 9 Bench, +4 IR
QBs Colin Kaepernick,Michael Vick,Josh Freeman
rbs Darren Sproles, Jamaal Charles, Lamar Miller, LaMichael James,Ronnie Hillman
wrs, Calvin Johnson,Michael Crabtree ,Kendall Wright,Malcom Floyd,Vincent Jackson
TE Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph
Defense Houston Texans

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 am

slaughterrt wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm I have a guy offering me three 2019 1st rounders (all predicted as early ones) for my Josh Gordon.

Should I take it or is this selling Gordon low?

Thank you all for your wise advice.

Yours truly,

Every Josh Gordon addict out there.
What? Take that and run!!
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:35 am

TB3falcons wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:22 pm Ugh, owned Gordon since I bought him for a 3rd a couple of years ago. Was trying to hold out for a 1st this season... just one decent game from him. But nope- maybe's there's still hopes in getting a 1st for him if he signs somewhere, but I'm not sure that's going to happen at this point.
That’s ship has sailed. In fact from where you’re standing on the shore...it’s not even a dot on the horizon now.

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:36 am

MrUbuto wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 am
slaughterrt wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm I have a guy offering me three 2019 1st rounders (all predicted as early ones) for my Josh Gordon.

Should I take it or is this selling Gordon low?

Thank you all for your wise advice.

Yours truly,

Every Josh Gordon addict out there.
What? Take that and run!!
I think he was poking a little of fun at the truthers out there.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:49 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Please, shut up. Unless you work for the Browns or you're in the league office, you have no reason to tell us that a habitual addict is clean when he's just been fired.
lolll other than every report saying he's clean. But you all have the right to tell us he for sure relapsed? Get a hold of yourself.
You can shut up too fool.
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:16 pm Per Mary Kay Cabot:
"Team doctors examined Gordon on Saturday, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling with his substance use again, or possibly close to it."https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index. ... don_4.html
He's an addict and addicts relapse dozens of times.

All of you Gordon optimists can get off the forums and get busy practicing what you're preaching here. Go on your leagues and start trading for Gordon. Leave the practical pessimistic Gordon fans alone right now.
I don't know anything about you but this is gross behavior. I hope you are "a little off" and "not yourself"

People cheering a human being destroying himself probably need just as much help as Gordon.

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:11 am

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 am

lolll other than every report saying he's clean. But you all have the right to tell us he for sure relapsed? Get a hold of yourself.
"Team doctors examined Gordon on Saturday, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling with his substance use again, or possibly close to it."https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index. ... don_4.html

All of you Gordon optimists can get off the forums and get busy practicing what you're preaching here. Go on your leagues and start trading for Gordon. Leave the practical pessimistic Gordon fans alone right now.
I don't know anything about you but this is gross behavior. I hope you are "a little off" and "not yourself"

People cheering a human being destroying himself probably need just as much help as Gordon.
Haven't ya heard?? Marijuana is medicinal.
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 am

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 am

Not just that but why is he getting so aggressive and offended someone is taking on opposite stance from him on a football forum that's supposed to be a discussion on players lol what a keyboard warrior.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 am

I think this might be the last opportunity to sell him if he goes to a team with a need or really anywhere people think there is hope. The question is for what? I'm leaning more for a player than a pick. I see more value that way. I'm going to sell my one share I have but won't start the process till we see where he lands.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:40 am

There you go Gordon truthers - he wants to go to San Fran or Dallas.

lol.

Then as we know - those feelings are not always mutual.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:53 am

Look at that, next morning a report comes out it didnt have to do with a relapse.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 am

Jerry will definitely want Josh Gordon.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 am

My first immediate feeling on this was a violation was coming and that could still be the case but with trade rumors being thrown around started thinking why would Cleveland trade him knowing a violation was coming. They would seriously damage their reputation as an organization in the NFL circle for trading a player with an upcoming lifetime ban on the horizon.

That being said if he is traded my guess is he is currently not tested dirty and the team is tired of the antics and have plans for the roster spot perhaps another diva WR or with Dorsey, the unexpected should be expected.

If he is flat out released my concern with an upcoming violation jumps into the red immediately. Gordon still has the talent and if a team can guide him properly knowing the risks then he could be a difference maker. I would not pick him up if I was a decision maker in an NFL front office. I don't think the risk is worth the reward that said someone will take the chance and the hope begins in that city all over again, The lesson is being learned and relearned over and over again with Martavis Bryant and Josh Gordon. The incredible talent is the drug that the NFL general managers just can't put down.