No
61%

Total votes: 38

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Will Kenny Britt be a BUST?

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Poor work ethic, nagging injuries...Do you guys think he will live up to his potential?

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Is Kenny Britt a BUST?

Postby nightmarion » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:56 pm

I hope so, I need him to fill at least an WR3 role this season
16 team league, non-PPR standard scoring plus bonuses. $200 cap
Schaub ($26/2014), Weeden ($5/2016)
McFadden ($35/2012), Richardson ($8/2018), Goodson ($2/2012), W. Powell ($2/2014), Taiwan ($5/2014) Bryce Brown ($2/2016)
Fitz ($32/2014), Nicks ($12/2012), DJax ($12/2013), Wayne ($12/2012) Collie ($8/2015), Hilton ($3/2014), Streeter ($3/2013), Hixon ($5/2012), Smith (STL $2/2015), B. Tate ($2/2012)
Gresham ($10/2016), Rudolph ($5/2015), Housler ($2/2017), C. Clay ($2/2015), Cooley ($5/2012)
Gostowski ($2/2015)
CAR ($3/2014), CIN ($2/2014)

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Postby tomfin2000 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:47 pm

I don't think he'll be a complete bust. I expect him to be a starter (on the Titans) for the next couple of years, but I don't think he'll be a Pro Bowl calibre WR. Honestly, I think Damien Williams is going to be the star WR on that team, possibly as soon as 2011. I had him targeted in both of the DLF startups I did, but I just wasn't in the right place at the right time.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Still willing to hang onto him in one league for awhile longer as I can afford to this season as I have other WRs better than him, but frustration level is rising. He needs to show something positive this year. Should be pointed out though his "third year" will be in 2012, if that counts for anything.

EDIT: My math is terrible. 2011 should be his third year. Rookie season was 2009. :oops:
Last edited by blacksheep on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:24 pm

HE'S ONLY 21 YEARS OLD....... Am I missing something? He showed flashes of greatness in year 1. I don't know about you guys but that's what I look for in a rookie wr. He's fine you just gotta let him develop like most rookie WRs. they don't all blow up yr 1 like Moss & Boldin did.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:41 am

I'm with both Tom and Mark on this one. I think Britt needs more time to develop before casting boom/bust judgment. At the start of last season Britt was the youngest player in the NFL. He certainly has the talent to be his team's WR1...he even played well in a few games for a rookie. Although I don't think he will ever achieve stud status. Like Tom, I think Damian Williams has a legit shot to become Tennessee's future WR1.

I have Britt in one league where he's probably my WR5/6 (nice luxury)...so I'm not as worried if he busts. But I still hope he disproves the naysayers and booms.

ETA: Mark you should set this up as a poll.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:37 am

who is the last TEN WR to be a fantasy stud?

end story.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:05 am

I'm not too worried at this point. He's young, only had a year and has talent, so I'm hopeful a couple of years in the system will help him grow, personally and professionally. That said, I don't see a stud, but i'm hopeful he could play a solid role on a fantasy roster.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:10 am

princevincexoxo wrote:who is the last TEN WR to be a fantasy stud?

end story.
Derek Mason was pretty darn good in his Tennessee years.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:36 am

rkrazy wrote:I'm with both Tom and Mark on this one. I think Britt needs more time to develop before casting boom/bust judgment. At the start of last season Britt was the youngest player in the NFL. He certainly has the talent to be his team's WR1...he even played well in a few games for a rookie. Although I don't think he will ever achieve stud status. Like Tom, I think Damian Williams has a legit shot to become Tennessee's future WR1.

I have Britt in one league where he's probably my WR5/6 (nice luxury)...so I'm not as worried if he busts. But I still hope he disproves the naysayers and booms.

ETA: Mark you should set this up as a poll.
Done...

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 am

He had an outstanding rookie season, so I can't imagine calling him a bust until he's been in the league for that "Magical" third year for WR's...and this is only year two! :wink:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:06 am

MARKinMI wrote:HE'S ONLY 21 YEARS OLD....... Am I missing something? He showed flashes of greatness in year 1. I don't know about you guys but that's what I look for in a rookie wr. He's fine you just gotta let him develop like most rookie WRs. they don't all blow up yr 1 like Moss & Boldin did.
My thoughts as well. Not really sure why this is being questioned. He showed more than expected in year 1.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:19 am

hosler427 wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:HE'S ONLY 21 YEARS OLD....... Am I missing something? He showed flashes of greatness in year 1. I don't know about you guys but that's what I look for in a rookie wr. He's fine you just gotta let him develop like most rookie WRs. they don't all blow up yr 1 like Moss & Boldin did.
My thoughts as well. Not really sure why this is being questioned. He showed more than expected in year 1.
I think this is a relevant topic considering how high Britt is valued in dynasty circles and how many negative reports have surfaced.

Britt has had a few legal issues (minor but still worth mentioning), nagging injuries, inconsistent practices, and a questionable work ethic. When you add in that VY is his QB for the foreseeable future I think Britt is overvalued.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:39 am

Steelersfan wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
I think this is a relevant topic considering how high Britt is valued in dynasty circles and how many negative reports have surfaced.

Britt has had a few legal issues (minor but still worth mentioning), nagging injuries, inconsistent practices, and a questionable work ethic. When you add in that VY is his QB for the foreseeable future I think Britt is overvalued.
Yeah...overvalued is one thing but asking if he is a bust?? completely different situation. His potential is through the roof and he did well in a poor passing offense last year. I have been buying him all off season because there are a lot of people who are reading too much into the situation. He is 21 years old and I think maturity is the issue and will clear itself up.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 am

hosler427 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
hosler427 wrote: My thoughts as well. Not really sure why this is being questioned. He showed more than expected in year 1.

Yeah...overvalued is one thing but asking if he is a bust?? completely different situation. His potential is through the roof and he did well in a poor passing offense last year. I have been buying him all off season because there are a lot of people who are reading too much into the situation. He is 21 years old and I think maturity is the issue and will clear itself up.
The word "bust" was purposely used to ignite conversation, I guess it worked... :wink:

I think it's too early to say Britt is or will be a bust but like I said before I feel he is overvalued right now.