It is Mark Ingram Time - Back Home to NO

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Mark Ingram

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:32 am

James McGhee wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 am
Coogan Football wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:10 am I think Ingram is still gonna put up at borderline RB1/RB2 numbers. If you look at his past years' usage vs the other RBs in New Orleans you will see that it's kind of always been a RBBC and he still put up good numbers.

The game scripts usually seem to change so some weeks he'll only get a few carries and then he'll get 22 touches the following week...Which tends to scare people off, but it's just the nature of the NFL today and most fantasy RBs.

Peterson is washed-up and he's not a threat at all to Ingram's usage IMO.

As a Saints fan I just can't understand this signing, it doesn't nothing for us. If anything I think it reaffirms that we are going heavy with defense through the first 3 rounds.
Beef up the run game and defense to reduce the amount of pass attempts Brees takes as he ages into his golden years? :P
Beef up the run game to protect the defense. Not a bad idea.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

captain caveman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain caveman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 am

PPR might be ok considering how well he catches the ball now otherwise this is a backfield I'll avoid.
12-team ppr qb super-flex/1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex

Brees/Dalton/Hoyer/Shimonek/Kessler
Hilton/Baldwin/Sanders/Garcon/Funchess/Gordon/Gallup
Gordon/Coleman/Crowell/Perine/Prosise/Ballage/Ekeler/Vereen/Artis-Payne/Marshall
Engram/Ebron/Wilson

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:49 am

James McGhee wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:02 am
abajaba wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 am So what would you guys be willing to give up for him? Since this seems to be a perceived buy-low since the AP signing looks like a hit even though it shouldn't have too much of an effect. In my 8 team PPR league I don't own my 2nd rounder but would you offer a 2018 2nd or a a 3rd this year for him?
A mid-to-late 1st was what I read his trade value to be prior. Obviously it takes a bit of hit considering the AP signing but everyone here seems to think his role won't change much. He finished as RB11 in my .5 point PPR league in 2016, but I don't think he's an RB1 in 2016. High end RB2 upside at best unless AP goes down or proves ineffective. He's a hold for me as an owner. As a buyer I think I'd still pay late 1st, early 2nd prices for him. But I'm higher on Ingram than a lot of others.
Just offered a likely mid 2018 2nd on him in a deep IDP league (so 2nd round is pretty rich) and got snap rejected.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 am

In my 20 teamer I sent Ingram-Dion Lewis and a pick upgrade for Freeman. We'll see.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm

CK_ wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:07 am They said he is taking the place of Tim Hightower so Mark Ingram should be around the same. A player who doesn't seem to have a ton of trust in the organization that will have a couple of big games with RB2 numbers.
AP is getting paid a lot more than Hightower got, and is certainly expecting more touches than Hightower got. Don't expect this to just be a lateral situation for Ingram, assuming AP is healthy. I wouldn't bank on Ingram getting 205 carries again if AP plays 10+ games.
dakyro wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 am Ingram is on the last year of his contract, so I believe he is out next year and there are a few teams I see him fitting with. I def think this is the time to buy.
He'll be 28, going on 29 in 2018. His market will be cool, accordingly; at RB in today's NFL, it's easier and cheaper to just draft a rookie to be your new starter than to splash a few million on a nearing-the-cliff RB with a so-so career resume.

Ingram's not a buy, unless this development makes him pennies on the dollar.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm

mullmania wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 am In my 20 teamer I sent Ingram-Dion Lewis and a pick upgrade for Freeman. We'll see.
That isn't likely to be accepted without a significant pick upgrade

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Dwayne Bowe once got paid $9m to catch 5 balls, personally I don't correlate contract size with usage.

I think Ingram has run better when he was angry ... So I'm not ready to dismiss him just yet.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 pm

I have almost no concern about AD coming in. Let's break it down:

Rushing: First, Ingram averaged just over 5 ypc up the middle. He averaged about the same on the outside. The Saints use a fair bit of zone, which is not true of Minnesota over the majority of Peterson's career, and he looked close to done in his short stint last year.

Short Yardage: This is pretty much the one area of struggle for Ingram where Peterson can fill a hole and even that is dependant on him regaining some of his earlier form.

Ball security: Ingram lost some snaps due to issues here, but the numbers are significantly worse for Peterson.

Pass Blocking: Not even worth discussing.

Receiving: Again, the clear winner is Ingram.

Peterson will likely be the short yardage guy, but Ingram has rarely been trusted with that to begin with and wasn't very effective even when he got a shot. There will be zero impact on the passing game and I think Peterson is actually less of a threat than Hightower in the early down role given his lack of experience in the zone scheme and his history of ball security issues.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Was able to receive Ingram and give away the aging Gore and DeAndre Washington to an owner. I'll take that upside. Colts will draft a back and Lynch will be Oakland's starter.
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 pm I have almost no concern about AD coming in. Let's break it down:

Rushing: First, Ingram averaged just over 5 ypc up the middle. He averaged about the same on the outside. The Saints use a fair bit of zone, which is not true of Minnesota over the majority of Peterson's career, and he looked close to done in his short stint last year.

Short Yardage: This is pretty much the one area of struggle for Ingram where Peterson can fill a hole and even that is dependant on him regaining some of his earlier form.

Ball security: Ingram lost some snaps due to issues here, but the numbers are significantly worse for Peterson.

Pass Blocking: Not even worth discussing.

Receiving: Again, the clear winner is Ingram.

Peterson will likely be the short yardage guy, but Ingram has rarely been trusted with that to begin with and wasn't very effective even when he got a shot. There will be zero impact on the passing game and I think Peterson is actually less of a threat than Hightower in the early down role given his lack of experience in the zone scheme and his history of ball security issues.
This might be true I'm thinking that he may have a shorter leash since AP is the backup now, if they pulled him for Hightower they're definitely going to do it with AP we just have to wait and see i guess.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 pm

And when AP inevitably fumbles?
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:42 pm

I think this is much better than if they would have drafted a back. There is no guarantee that the Saints won't still draft a back, but I doubt it will be early. I'm glad it's not McCaffrey, Cook or Mixon for sure. The Saints were going to add a back one way or another anyway and an aging Peterson who has had trouble staying healthy is a better option than what I was expecting. I'm not moving Ingram and certainly not moving him what has been discussed in this thread. Peterson will vulture goal-line touchdowns a bit and there could be a big game here and there like week one on Monday night in Minnesota. That said I would expect solid RB2 numbers from a Mark Ingram in his prime. I see Peterson as a lower end RB3 with an RB2 ceiling in limited games.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Is there any chance Ingram gets traded? For some reason Payton doesn't seem to like him. Maybe they like a ton of RBs in the draft and will trade Ingram for an extra pick? I would love to see Ingram in KC.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:10 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm Is there any chance Ingram gets traded? For some reason Payton doesn't seem to like him. Maybe they like a ton of RBs in the draft and will trade Ingram for an extra pick? I would love to see Ingram in KC.
This has been on my mind as well, I kind of expect it to happen if McCaffrey is on the board at 11 for us.

I could see us also package Ingram+ #32 to try to move up to take a better pass rusher or a better CB earlier in the 1st.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm Is there any chance Ingram gets traded? For some reason Payton doesn't seem to like him. Maybe they like a ton of RBs in the draft and will trade Ingram for an extra pick? I would love to see Ingram in KC.
Maybe they could trade him to the Patriots for Butler. :lol: