Free dynasty league site

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bellsbackupblounts
Rookie
Rookie

Free dynasty league site

Postby bellsbackupblounts » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 pm

In my one league commissioner is looking to switch from Yahoo and good free dynasty sites

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Free dynasty league site

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Life tip: nothing free is "good"...
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

bellsbackupblounts
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bellsbackupblounts » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm Life tip: nothing free is "good"...
I'm trying to tell him that.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:47 pm

I don't hate fleaflicker.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm

GLSmk wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:47 pm I don't hate fleaflicker.
I do. Pretty sure it was a 5th grade programming project. I left a league for basically no reason other than it being hosted on flea. I just couldn't take it anymore.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:46 pm

skip wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm
I do. Pretty sure it was a 5th grade programming project. I left a league for basically no reason other than it being hosted on flea. I just couldn't take it anymore.
really? What didn't you like about it? I mean, for a free site it isn't bad, but I've never tried anything fancy on it or anything
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:06 pm

we use nfl.com, only bad thing is that isnt set up for dynasty, and you have to decide how you do your offseason (we have no FA, so a FA/Rookie draft). And we have to keep track of the off season trades, and before the start of the year we have to input the teams manually but that is like 15 minutes. the website is pretty nice and there are a lot of flexibility in roster size, and scoring.
Nothing amazing but free is free
PS all of the manually keeping track of stuff is done by the commissioner ( me :l ) but its pretty easy, especially if you have a FB page, I announce trades and other housekeeping stuff on there, I also keep a google doc I share (but I dont let other people edit) so they can see everything and keep track of it in real time. Kind of ghetto but I'm cool with it.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

DynastyBuilder515
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyBuilder515 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:17 pm

I actually really like fleaflicker. It's not " fancy". But does everything I need from a dynasty site and is easy to navigate. I find navigation more intuitive than the mfl league I am in.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 pm

GLSmk wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:46 pm
skip wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm
really? What didn't you like about it? I mean, for a free site it isn't bad, but I've never tried anything fancy on it or anything
The most frustrating part (though there are many flaws) is it's poor handling of future draft picks and rookies. They have no method of using anything like ADP for draft order. It is far less intuitive than pretty much every other site out there. I also hate their method of waivers. It takes maneuvering thru multiple pages of selection and bidding and confirmation to be sure that is who you wanted. I could never tell if it took my submission or not.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Yahoo is the best. ESPN has a horrible messaging system and can't trade draft picks. Fleaflicker has no pre-ranking or draft timer and is flawed in many other ways. NFL.com is pretty good but I didn't see anything worth switching from Yahoo.

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:24 am

The NFL.Com android app is abysmal. Yahoo is way better, especially if you are in multiple leagues and I also prefer the Yahoo app to the website for a lot of tasks.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

slacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby slacker » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm Life tip: nothing free is "good"...
DLF forum is free...
12 team PPR, 22 Roster, QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, K, DEF
Rivers, Eli
Watkins, Evans, Keenan, Hopkins, Pryor, R. Matthews, Marshall, P. Richardson, CPatt
McCoy, Zeke, Rawls, Ware
Gronk, Njoku, Butt, Everette, Higbee

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:42 am

slacker wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:23 pm
DLF forum is free...
:thumbup:

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:33 am

I'm actually a huge Fleaflicker fan. I've been playing dynasty on it since 2009. I've tried MFL but despise it like no other. For re-draft I don't think I'd use Fleaflicker (prefer Yahoo for that), but for dynasty it is my preference. The only negative for me is that they don't have an app, just a mobile version of the site that isn't the greatest. The desktop version is great.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Fantrax is vastly underrated. It's free and very geared to dynasty. There is also a premium option if you want some of the free options streamlined easier.

My choice of free dynasty hosts.