Re: GEDL Rookie Draft 2017

Postby Dingram » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Ya funny. If this draft was pre-combine cook would probably have been the 1.01

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Didn't expect to see Josh Reynolds so high.. though I know Matt Waldman is really high on him.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:35 pm

jubben wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 pm Didn't expect to see Josh Reynolds so high.. though I know Matt Waldman is really high on him.
Waldman is but I am in a devy league with that owner and he drafted him there 2 years ago. So he has been on his radar for a while.

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:39 pm

kundertnick wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:35 pm
jubben wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 pm Didn't expect to see Josh Reynolds so high.. though I know Matt Waldman is really high on him.
Waldman is but I am in a devy league with that owner and he drafted him there 2 years ago. So he has been on his radar for a while.
Ah, understood. Not going to fault anyone for taking their guy!

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Wish there was more commentary going along with the picks. Sorta started out strong but then fell off after the top picks.

Bravo15
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bravo15 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:56 pm Wish there was more commentary going along with the picks. Sorta started out strong but then fell off after the top picks.
They're busy wheelin and dealin!

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:34 pm

yeah sorry there have been tons of talks behind the scenes. Were done for the night because Amsterdam actually lives in amsterdam and its 6:20 am there. So we may not be done for long.

I made two trades to try and help bolster my RB position after relying on guys like Charles, Forte, AP, Martin and Murray over the last 5 years. I sent a 3.07 to move up 2 spots to make sure i got Foreman. I really like his game. If he can learn to block better and improve his ball security then he could be one of the top picks in this draft when we look back on it in a few years.

The next deal was trading 3.06 and my 2018 3rd to move up from 2.13 to 2.05 to grab Samaje Perine. I'm going to miss not having those picks but i couldn't pass up the chance to grab two player who i have 1st round dynasty grades on.

I had zero picks one month ago. I traded Gronk and Romo for the 1.08, 2.05, 2.13, 3.06 and a 2018 1st.

So as of right now my return for Gronk and Romo stands at:

Terrell Pryor
D'Onta Foreman
Samaje Perine
2018 1st Conn
2018 1st Chesapeake

I also traded away my future 3rd unrelated to the gronk deal. I'm pretty damn happy with that return for gronk because I'm really worried about the three back surgeries

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:44 pm

I overpaid for the 1.08 earlier to snag a guy I really like in Ross--he's got the skill-set to blow up any given week even on a bad team but if he gets drafted by the Eagles, Titans, Saints, etc. his value will skyrocket. So it was a calculated gamble. I actually like Pryor a lot (and I'm a Skins fan), but as a depth player for me I thought I could get younger and take an explosive talent.

So I started with 3 1sts and 2 2nds, traded them away for vets (Gurley and Keenan Allen, as detailed on page 1 of the thread), but in the midst of rookie fever I just couldn't resist trading back in.

Then I had to sit by as tons of guys I like went off the board in a part of the draft it was impossible for me to trade into--my roster is just too top heavy to deal for most of these picks right now. But the guys I like were falling off the board quick so I decided to try to trade in for one of the few left I want.

I mostly struck out lol. I did finally manage to find a deal after getting turned down by a bunch of owners who together owned most of the area of the 2nd I was targeting--just dealt for the 2.10.

Gave: Funchess, Dion Lewis, 3.12, 4.05, 2018 3rd, 2018 4th

Got: 2.10

Honestly a couple of guys I've kinda given up on but knew would have some value to someone else who liked them, and some picks that have such a low hit rate in this format (despite how fun they are to use and research).

I'll post some more thoughts once I'm able to draft one of my targets with that 2.10 tomorrow morning.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 pm

I was also trying to move up to get Perine. Not sure I could have beat your package, but he didn't even counter unfortunately. Coming in with 2 late 2nds, I think I've done OK so far. It did cost my 18 1st, but walking away with JuJu, Funchess, Dion Lewis, and an extra 3rd in 17 & 18. I know many are down on Funchess, but if he's getting given away I'll take the chance. Entering his 3rd year, pretty much 3rd year playing wr full time as well, I think he's worth the gamble. Feel like my team is a playoff team with some youth to roll into future years. We will see.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:09 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:51 am Actually...... now that I think about it..... he should have went RB there. AC needs a RB. He wasn't taking Davis @ 1.03. I'd have taken the gamble with my 2nd favorite RB @ 1.02, and expected Davis to fall @ 1.04.
I doubt I could have gotten cute and drafted Mixon there and expect to get Davis at 4. If he was drafting a RB the whole way there well what can you do? I traded up here a few weeks ago because I think Davis is the best WR and there was a lot of sameness at RB. If he goes BPA or trades out of the pick, it blows up in my face.

As for my draft, I think I give myself a B-. I thought I would have had a few different picks after the top 6. My first 4 picks were ideal. I got my top two running backs and my top two receivers. I think Williams and McCaffrey are a toss up at my 1.04, but already having Fournette and Mixon to go along with Henry in a start 1 RB, I'll take the receiver.

Engram going at 7 helped and hurt me in a sense. I was hoping Kamara or JuJu somehow ended up in front of me. Ideally, I wanted Ross or Howard and Engram at 9 and 10. Getting Howard was nice, he is my top rated TE although I really like Engram a lot. But apparently Mark was taking him at 8 so I guess my love for him wasn't as strong as others.

I debated going Njoku had 10 and I know Shaun thought I should have, but there just doesn't seem to be a market for TE's in most leagues. Plus, I think Njoku could be a secondary buy since he's a bit raw and will need time to develop. Of course, he could be the next Jimmy Graham and it will sting a bit. But Kamara is a guy I've liked since studying this class in December. He isn't going to run away from guys but he is extremely elusive and will be a threat receiving the ball. I hope he ends up in the right system, if he does, his value could creep up into the top of that second tier.

Picks 11-14 really hurt. I really wanted Godwin or Jones, and obviously Njoku but never really expected him to be there at 15. This led me to make a trade where I gave up 2.01, 2.03 and my 2nd next year for Madison's 2018 1st. Madison earned the 1.03 this past year and has since traded away Crabtree, Edelman, and Olsen so I really expect it to be top 3 again if not 1 or 2. Just like last year, I had owners questioning my deals but I am extremely happy getting that 1st as it really could be Barkley or Ridley. Had I stayed, I would have picked Foreman and Samuel, so we will have to revisit this deal in December. I highly doubt that package will move me into the top 3 next year but you never know.

Finally, my last trade out of 2.05 was simply the board running out just about as bad as you can get again. I would have like Samuel, maybe Henderson. I would have picked Perine who was the eventual pick, but I think he's Jeremy Hill. He regressed each year at college and didn't put up great numbers at the combine. He should be a decent 2 down back, but I'll take a couple of more lottery tickets with guys that I think have more upside.

All in all, I like what I have done with my team. I added 6 first rounders that I am really high on and they round out my team. I picked up what I believe is a top 3 pick next year and got a couple of more lottery tickets in this deep draft. The real fun starts tomorrow. Here's the bulk of my team now:

Luck
Fournette, Mixon, Henry, Kamara
Davis, Williams, Coleman, White
Howard

Hopefully two top 5 picks next year and a couple of more guys this year will fill out my roster as I look to compete in a year or two.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Dingram wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 pm It did cost my 18 1st, but walking away with JuJu[...]
I was really torn on this one. On the one hand I think you got JuJu at a spot in the draft that is good value. I respect moving up for your guy like that, especially in this format, always.

But I disagree with your assessment that you're a playoff team, which makes moving the future 1st a big gamble. You really need JuJu to hit big now. Now, you could very well be a playoff team, that's just my opinion. But you were the 4th lowest scoring team this year and I don't see where the improvement is coming from. You were missing AP and had some injuries so maybe I'm way off base. But I think your chances at the playoffs definitely play a part in evaluating this trade.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Now for what you guys care about. I know you dont care about our teams lol. Obviously things will change and tiers will become clearer after the NFL draft but as of right now heres what I noticed. EVERYONE has the same plan or wants to accomplish the same thing after pick 6. Everyone wanted to trade down a few spots to gain more picks. Just about every pick after 1.05 was put on the block today. Everyone wanted a volume of picks over their guy in mid to late round one for the most part. That tier after the top 5 is very soft. There's a lot of players there that owners like but nobody has really separated themselves. I know that will change a bit in the next month but keep in mind if you are sitting in that 8-9 range and say you want to trade down and get another 2nd.. it might not be as easy as you think. I know it wasn't today.

All of you guys should thank me....

Instead of casting my curse on a 1st round player this year I traded out. So no players were harmed in the making of this draft. Evan Engram should sleep much easier tonight.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:29 pm

Madadamus wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:09 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:51 am Actually...... now that I think about it..... he should have went RB there. AC needs a RB. He wasn't taking Davis @ 1.03. I'd have taken the gamble with my 2nd favorite RB @ 1.02, and expected Davis to fall @ 1.04.
I doubt I could have gotten cute and drafted Mixon there and expect to get Davis at 4. If he was drafting a RB the whole way there well what can you do? I traded up here a few weeks ago because I think Davis is the best WR and there was a lot of sameness at RB. If he goes BPA or trades out of the pick, it blows up in my face.

As for my draft, I think I give myself a B-. I thought I would have had a few different picks after the top 6. My first 4 picks were ideal. I got my top two running backs and my top two receivers. I think Williams and McCaffrey are a toss up at my 1.04, but already having Fournette and Mixon to go along with Henry in a start 1 RB, I'll take the receiver.

Engram going at 7 helped and hurt me in a sense. I was hoping Kamara or JuJu somehow ended up in front of me. Ideally, I wanted Ross or Howard and Engram at 9 and 10. Getting Howard was nice, he is my top rated TE although I really like Engram a lot. But apparently Mark was taking him at 8 so I guess my love for him wasn't as strong as others.

I debated going Njoku had 10 and I know Shaun thought I should have, but there just doesn't seem to be a market for TE's in most leagues. Plus, I think Njoku could be a secondary buy since he's a bit raw and will need time to develop. Of course, he could be the next Jimmy Graham and it will sting a bit. But Kamara is a guy I've liked since studying this class in December. He isn't going to run away from guys but he is extremely elusive and will be a threat receiving the ball. I hope he ends up in the right system, if he does, his value could creep up into the top of that second tier.

Picks 11-14 really hurt. I really wanted Godwin or Jones, and obviously Njoku but never really expected him to be there at 15. This led me to make a trade where I gave up 2.01, 2.03 and my 2nd next year for Madison's 2018 1st. Madison earned the 1.03 this past year and has since traded away Crabtree, Edelman, and Olsen so I really expect it to be top 3 again if not 1 or 2. Just like last year, I had owners questioning my deals but I am extremely happy getting that 1st as it really could be Barkley or Ridley. Had I stayed, I would have picked Foreman and Samuel, so we will have to revisit this deal in December. I highly doubt that package will move me into the top 3 next year but you never know.

Finally, my last trade out of 2.05 was simply the board running out just about as bad as you can get again. I would have like Samuel, maybe Henderson. I would have picked Perine who was the eventual pick, but I think he's Jeremy Hill. He regressed each year at college and didn't put up great numbers at the combine. He should be a decent 2 down back, but I'll take a couple of more lottery tickets with guys that I think have more upside.

All in all, I like what I have done with my team. I added 6 first rounders that I am really high on and they round out my team. I picked up what I believe is a top 3 pick next year and got a couple of more lottery tickets in this deep draft. The real fun starts tomorrow. Here's the bulk of my team now:

Luck
Fournette, Mixon, Henry, Kamara
Davis, Williams, Coleman, White
Howard

Hopefully two top 5 picks next year and a couple of more guys this year will fill out my roster as I look to compete in a year or two.
I'll post this here for god and everyone to see... I'll give you my 3 2018 1sts for Corey Davis. Hes my hometown kid and I have a soft spot for him after watching him for the last 4 years. It's idiotic to pay 3 first for any rookie whos never seen the field but I don't give a crap lol. I'm in this for the fun. Corey Davis makes me love my team.

three 2018 1sts if you want them. :thumbup:

mase12fan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mase12fan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:14 am

Samaje Perine one of my favorites in this draft, I hope his value stays low. Steal at 2.05

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:31 am

Mark made a helluva splash with his additions to his backfield. Things were looking pretty thin at that position, and landing these two should pay some dividends (both in the 2nd)! I've been keeping track of both of them in this poll.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.