Dispersal Draft on MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Dispersal Draft on MFL

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:30 pm

What is the best way to do a dispersal on MFL? I seem to remember seeing on here that you just start a thread on the league message board and then input the results later. However is there a way to set up a 3 team email draft that includes only the 3 team's rosters and FAs?

In related news, let me know if you're interested in joining a super cool league....

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=136356

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Dispersal Draft on MFL

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:18 pm

I've seen it done 3 different ways

(a) create a seperate MFL league where the owners can do the dispersal as an actual draft - this works better with larger dispersals and is how I handled it with a league last year (and was in another dispersal done this way also). Just have to make sure that there is a list of available & another with NOT available players.

(b) do it on the league message board - ideally 2 threads - one with the list of available players & one where the actual picks are posted

(c) do it via e-mail / group text and have a link to the thread where you posted the available players

Regardless, with options B/C the Commish (as I am sure you know) has to make sure there is a full list of all available players, and updates the list throughout the draft so the teams involved know who has been taken. With option A you just have to monitor the draft to make sure no illegal picks are made (ie players owned by other teams). I suppose that could be avoided by porting the entire league over to the 2nd mfl link, and then dump ONLY the open teams rosters into the FA Pool while leaving everyone elses players on their rosters.

I am just finishing up a dispersal that is using Option C - working pretty well - done 30+ rounds (with 4 teams) in less than 4 days and the Commish is doing a great job of updating the lists.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks Bahama, err, I mean Arryl.... ;)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:40 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:25 pm Thanks Bahama, err, I mean Arryl.... ;)
No problem - next time I charge a future pick though ... :wink:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 pm

I created a spreadsheet in Google drive. I split all of the available players up into positional columns and had columns for each owner participating. As each guy picked they would update the sheet using cut and paste. Each pick was announced in a seperate "GroupMe" group. I posted a link in the league homepage so others owners could see the progress. Just an example of another way to do it.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Every year when MFL asks for suggestions on how to improve the site for "next year", I always let them know that offering dispersal draft support would be a simple yet logical decision. They don't listen though. Maybe if everyone "suggested" it, they might act?