MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: MFL

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:00 pm All they need to do is add a ROSTER module and we can have a HomePage tab for rosters.
Yeah, the current module only shows your team roster, not the leagues.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:21 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:00 pm All they need to do is add a ROSTER module and we can have a HomePage tab for rosters.
League rosters can be found under the reports drop down at the top and then scroll over franchise. I think they just consolidated a ton of things into the reporting drop down.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:30 pm

rock-hammerson wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:21 pm
FiremanEd wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 pm
League rosters can be found under the reports drop down at the top and then scroll over franchise. I think they just consolidated a ton of things into the reporting drop down.
Those features have always been in the top menus.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm

I have not noticed then, and maybe others haven't either? Just saying if you want to look at league rosters the ability is still there. Just no quick link for it.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:36 pm

rock-hammerson wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm I have not noticed then, and maybe others haven't either? Just saying if you want to look at league rosters the ability is still there. Just no quick link for it.
Basically they just removed all the duplication. Everything you had on the left was always in the menus on top.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm

skip wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:36 pm
rock-hammerson wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm I have not noticed then, and maybe others haven't either? Just saying if you want to look at league rosters the ability is still there. Just no quick link for it.
Basically they just removed all the duplication. Everything you had on the left was always in the menus on top.
Makes sense. Like I said, it seemed like some didn't know where to find league rosters, so I just threw it out there. I like the new lay out though. I'm sure they'll have fixes to most peoples issues in the future. It's the best time of year to work these kinks out.
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:04 pm

I added the ROSTERS into the submenu. You replace the MESSAGE BOARD tab with ROSTERS by embedding a script into an HPM and checking "Place in Footer". You also need to be running jquery in another HPM.

I figured on replacing the MESSAGE BOARD tab because it's already placed on the homepage in my leagues. I've also replaced SCHEDULES, etc with other useful quick links.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Just realized that the new mobile layout does not show you those submenu itemsx they're only on the desktop site. To workaround this, place the HPM "My Links" on the homepage and direct owners to put their own most used links there. Viola!

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:44 pm

I do know there's a roster link in the drop down menu atop. But it would be really nice to have a home page tab, since they did away with the left menu. Rosters is one of those functions that needs to be one-click. Luckily there's a Submit Lineup module for the home page tabs...

Bruiser, not sure if I follow, but do you have a fix?

I'm using the Stampede skin. Is there any way to remove the pageheader without removing the log-in bar? I've tried doing it through CSS by uploading a css file with the following:
.brandlogo {visibility:none;} /* This deletes the MFL logo */

.pageheader {display:none;} /* This deletes the Site header */

.pagefooter {display: none;} /* This deletes the footer at the bottom of the page*/

img.ava{height: auto; width: 250px;} /* This adds franchise logos to the chat */
However, deleting the page header also takes away the log-in, which is of course somewhat problematic.

:lol:

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:50 pm

The real fun is setting up waivers. Used to be that owners couldn't add players unless through waivers or if the commish enabled fcfs. It was all still pretty confusing but you got used to it and once it was set up you were good to go. Now if you don't enable no adds/drops in the calendar owners can add any player at any time. Then after you enable that owners can't drop players directly. Apparently if you go to IR you can drop players through that (and also the only way you can drop more than one at a time). Then commishes have to toggle disable add/drops for fcfs waivers every week during the season.

This is the fix they've come up with to simplify things for commishes. I've gotten used to MFL over the years but this is kind of it for me. It's clear they can't fix their problems, they just don't get it and it's not going to get better. They are what they are. We need a new site to come along and take over.

PS-The worst part of all this is there are no clear instructions that lay out how to do things as a commish. You have to go in yourself and spend hours figuring things out of your own.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Man, I feel your pain. MFL is realllllly showing bad with this. It's like they don't use their own site, nor ask any users of their site how to make it better. They rolled the hot mess update out, and it is less functional than the dinosaur they were selling!

I'm really scratching my head about their want to provide a quality product. I'm not an old dog; I can learn new tricks. But, bruh!? What are you doin?!?

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Dionysis, find the HPM called 'My Links' and put it atop one of your main page columns. You can add any link here. Direct the owners in your league to do the same. This is where you place the ROSTERS link, among others that you frequent.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:55 pm

I miss the vertical bar/list of direct links and I can't add a custom waiver schedule on the league calendar. I wish they'd return it to how it was.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:36 am

Yeah
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:40 am

It's down right now, more changes I guess.

IMO they're going in the right direction, they just need to improve the egronomy and accessibility of some central functions, but the redondant menus had to go.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler