MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: MFL

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:42 pm

So long as my waivers work with this new setup (aka I hope I did it right), it all looks good to me. I used the left sidebar, but it is hardly the end of the world. I like the new look, like the new mobile, and look forward to any additional changes they make. Like anything new, it will take time. For those as butt hurt as the posts, well, there may be another player entering the game in the not too distant future and you can take your business elsewhere. Such is the game of business. Thus far i've seen nothing to get me so upset as to pick up and leave. That said, if the new product as as good as being led to believe, i'd be happy to try it for new leagues I enter into.

I will also add that there is in fact a 'lock when player game starts'. This is something your commish should be looking into.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:44 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:29 pm
skip wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:21 pm
jordanzs wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:24 pm So whether your player plays on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, he locks up right before his kickoff, and stays locked up until the waiver wire run (usually Wednesday). If a player hasn't played, then he can be dropped for another player that hasn't played. In my MFL leagues, if you have a Monday night player who gets deactivated, you can't drop him for another Monday night player. Because waivers locked up the day before. It's stupid!!!!
This sounds like an issue with your league configuration. I never spent a lot of time messing with settings because any leagues I ended up as the commissioner didn't start that way. In all of my leagues players aren't locked until their actual game time.
Perhaps. There should be a simplified option for the commish to select called "game time waivers". I have some leagues where once the Thursday night game plays, ALL players get locked into conditional blind bidding until a Saturday morning waiver run.
There is. It's called "lock players after their kickoff" or similar. Then simply run FCFS until Mon 9pm and you're set. Very, very easy. The wording now is "Prevent Owners From Making ANY Add/Drops Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? "

So yes, the option has always been there, just a checkbox away.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:29 pm Can't agree with that Mark. The "main menu" is by far the least used menu for me. Tabs and the top 1/3 Of the vertical menu is what I use on a daily basis. And MLF doing away with one click functionality for trades, submit lineup and rosters is damning.

The fact that they did nothing to improve the interface is equally terrible.
The whole top menu should be revamped and moved to where the horizontal menu is. Have a bigger, modern drop-down menu there without any redundant or seldom used options. It wouldn't be very hard but they've done an amazing job making it look like brain surgery.

It's surprising that anyone likes the sight. I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't think the MFL interface is horrible has really bad taste or is just sticking their head in the stand.

bias34
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bias34 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:02 am

bias34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 am
MARKinMI wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am
bias34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 am I am getting ready to submit a help ticket on some suggested site changes, but I wanted to get some opinions first....

The area I'm addressing is the removal of the vertical menu bar on the left side that had a lot of helpful links. (Yes Skip, I know you can get to these items from the top horizontal menu bar, and you always could, but the vast majority here is unhappy with this change).

My suggestion, short of bringing back the vertical bar, is to change some of the one-click buttons that are currently on the 2nd horizontal menu bar at the top (the one with Home, Live Scoring, Standings, etc.). Do we need shortcut buttons for Power Rank, Playoffs, and League History? I personally wouldn't even miss the buttons for Message Board, Standings, and Transactions as I use the respective modules to access them.

There are currently 10 buttons on this bar. I would guess that they could easily change some of them to more helpful items like Rosters, League Calendar, Add/Drop, Injured Reserve, Taxi Squad, and Submit Lineup. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea overall? Do you have other suggestions for which buttons to remove, and which buttons to add?

Thanks.
Removing the left side menu was critical in formatting the page for mobile. That thing was always odd in its design as it was literally wedged in the pushing everything to the right. I hated that thing and had already removed it where i could years ago.
I hear you, and that's why I'm advocating something else. I'm suggesting they change some of the quick link buttons that are on the 2nd horizontal menu bar.....ones that are not very useful to have there imo. This is a means to re-acquire some quick links to the often-used pages (like Rosters) without major changes to the interface. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a good idea?
Apparently, MFL liked my idea and changed many of the buttons on the 2nd horizontal menu bar. Now there is a quick access link to rosters, submit lineup, add/drop, etc.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 am

I noticed that changed yesterday. Makes things a lot easier given that those items weren't available as modules. Wish you could edit them, but not a big deal. Definitely more useful than the previous ones they had there, which I never touched, so this is progress. Still a long offseason too, imagine what else will come!

bias34
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bias34 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:40 am

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 am I noticed that changed yesterday. Makes things a lot easier given that those items weren't available as modules. Wish you could edit them, but not a big deal. Definitely more useful than the previous ones they had there, which I never touched, so this is progress. Still a long offseason too, imagine what else will come!
I agree, it would be really nice if those could be edited. Everyone could then set there 10 favorite links.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Rebel wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:36 pm So does MFL suck now or what. In 2016, I had my league set up for Blind Bids for part of the week and then FCFS for the rest of the week. It is now Waivers for the entire week. No Blind bid at all. No FCFS at all. What gives them the right to change league settings for 2016 without my consent. I had planned to roll over my league to 2017 but I should not have to review all my league settings to do so.
Pretty sure the functionality is still there to do what you want it to. Instead of whining you probably could have spent the time figuring it out.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Rebel wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:18 pm Thanks for a nice positive response. I have figured it out, but I am not really sure why I have to. I don't have off-season waivers in the league I run so it is not an issue there. I do play in a league that I am not a commissioner and does have off-season waivers. Unfortunately in that league I cannot bid on players because of this issue. Guess I am an idiot because I would like to bid on a player or 2 and the commissioner hasn't fixed what MFL screwed up yet.
Then I suggest you reach out to the commissioner, not post here to complain about him or her or blame MFL for their shortcomings. When the update took place, it was widely known that the waiver process was not yet ready. I assume that your commissioner rolled over the league prior to it being corrected.

No, MFL does not "suck" now. It is still the most comprehensive, best product on the market for dynasty.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Rebel wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:44 pm That is the point. My commissioner has not rolled over the league yet. It has changed for the 2016 season, not the 2017 season. But this is why I don't post on this site very often. If my opinion doesn't doesn't agree with the "group think" then I get blasted for having an opinion.
I am not blasting you and I am not sure what to tell you about the changes you are seeing. I was a commissioner of two leagues on MFL and played in a few others. None of my leagues had any issues either on the old site or the new one.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:43 am

The settings were changed/reset because the entire waiver system was completely overhauled and reprogrammed. The way waivers were setup in the past is no longer available nor supported. Thus, you have to set up your waivers again based on the new system.

Nothing more complicated then that.

If you check the help page and the FAQ the top FAQ is "why are my waivers calendar items gone" or something similar and they explain just this (unless it's been removed, I haven't checked in a month now). The help pages for waivers are also up to date based on the new system and walk you thru step by step. So MFL has explained what's up and provided help as to what you need to do.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:45 am

Rebel wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:36 pm So does MFL suck now or what. In 2016, I had my league set up for Blind Bids for part of the week and then FCFS for the rest of the week. It is now Waivers for the entire week. No Blind bid at all. No FCFS at all. What gives them the right to change league settings for 2016 without my consent. I had planned to roll over my league to 2017 but I should not have to review all my league settings to do so.
//Commissioner doesn't have waivers set up properly

//blames MFL

:crazy:

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:23 am

Lol wow...

MFL sent out multiple messages about this, just sent them up again and quit whining. Literally every single one of us that runs leagues on MFL had to set it up again.

But hey, I'm sure NFL.com is still the same if you want to use them to host your league.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

I have astigmatism & my eyes strain easily. For some reason, the new MFL site is messing with my eyes.

So were the new MFL system generated emails (trade proposals, trades completed). But I was able to fix that by changing my emails from HTML to plain text. So much better.

I downloaded the MFL Platinum 2017 app. It's much better on my eyes. I will attempt to run my teams 100% through the app, and never go to the MFL site. I'm co-commish in 2 leagues & I let the other co-commish know that I will be resigning from any duties involving me going to the MFL site.

I'll probably spend less time in each of my leagues, but that's ok, I've been over-active anyways. I might also drop a few leagues, 9 dynasties is a lot, now I have a legitimate reason to trim down.

And if Trophy Life or anyone else steps up their dynasty support, I will be happy to jump ship. But I'll acknowledge that right now, MFL basically has a monopoly over the dynasty format.

But I said it before & I'll say it again, if MFL paid me $20 to run a redraft league through them, I would hand them back the $20 and use yahoo. I'm not a fan of the yahoo website, but the app has been through so many iterations that it's now a finely tuned machine & so easy to run a team through it. Just no dynasty support & no league chat. My 2 oldest leagues are redrafters on Yahoo, and they will continue to stay there......

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:50 pm

I just saw that "Rebel" deleted all his posts....Like all of them...Ever...Not just on this thread...Lol wow, it's not that serious, bro.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat