MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: MFL

Postby Jacob » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:54 pm

I added the side bar but it only works on the computer I set it up on. I have no sidebar when I use my laptop.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:18 pm

I wish ESPN would invest in a dynasty-friendly platform, it would be a drop in a bucket financially for them.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:44 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:18 pm I wish ESPN would invest in a dynasty-friendly platform, it would be a drop in a bucket financially for them.
Indeed. They have the most user-friendly service
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

wolfepackage
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wolfepackage » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:32 pm

So basically the bleep-clown that did the update on mfl obviously doesn't use his product as the changes that were made are f...cking retarded.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:54 pm

I haven't had a problem with it yet. I think it is better

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:09 pm

MARKinMI wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am
bias34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 am I am getting ready to submit a help ticket on some suggested site changes, but I wanted to get some opinions first....

The area I'm addressing is the removal of the vertical menu bar on the left side that had a lot of helpful links. (Yes Skip, I know you can get to these items from the top horizontal menu bar, and you always could, but the vast majority here is unhappy with this change).

My suggestion, short of bringing back the vertical bar, is to change some of the one-click buttons that are currently on the 2nd horizontal menu bar at the top (the one with Home, Live Scoring, Standings, etc.). Do we need shortcut buttons for Power Rank, Playoffs, and League History? I personally wouldn't even miss the buttons for Message Board, Standings, and Transactions as I use the respective modules to access them.

There are currently 10 buttons on this bar. I would guess that they could easily change some of them to more helpful items like Rosters, League Calendar, Add/Drop, Injured Reserve, Taxi Squad, and Submit Lineup. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea overall? Do you have other suggestions for which buttons to remove, and which buttons to add?

Thanks.
Removing the left side menu was critical in formatting the page for mobile. That thing was always odd in its design as it was literally wedged in the pushing everything to the right. I hated that thing and had already removed it where i could years ago.
Naw, you can just have a vertical nav collapse these days on a mobile device so that;s not why the eliminated it.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Boy oh boy that trophy life dude is sitting on a gold mine if he can get his act together and take advantage of all this dissatisfaction. Where did that post go anyway... :think:

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:18 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:11 pm Boy oh boy that trophy life dude is sitting on a gold mine if he can get his act together and take advantage of all this dissatisfaction. Where did that post go anyway... :think:
It's in the "Commish Corner" forum

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:06 am

I also sent a polite customer support ticket about the vertical menu. I think if enough people do they will figure something out.

I was told basically that eh change is intended to be permanent, but nothing is set in stone.

I even suggested that they make a new module that contains all of the links that were in the old vert menu. I think that would be a great solution that would make everyone happy.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:53 am

On the MFL support forums the guy that did a lot of the skin/CSS programming has posted code that bring back the vertical menu if you want it. My understanding is that for default skins it will not be added back (although that could change based on feedback obviously) but you can do what you want if you customize.

In the end my guess is the vertical menu was nuked because it screws up mobile on phones. Just not enough room on that small screen (which to be perfectly honest there wasn't).

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:00 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:07 am This is a friggin nightmare. I commish 6 leagues and rolled my first one over tonight. ....I'm ready to pull my hair out.

As others have mentioned, the elimination of the side menu is terrible. I know all the options are in the dropdown menu, but it's so much more confusing to find what you're looking for.

Waivers. .....Is it even possible to set them up correctly right now? My leagues run your standard weekly BB period followed by a FCFS period and I'm completely lost. In the BB setup page there's an option to designate a date to process BB waivers, but no option to set up when they start each week.
I clarified this will support and it was basically as I had worked out but they corrected me on a few things.

To set up your add/drop events you will go to the Setup > Waivers Setup > General Add/Drop Setup and choose the following:
Type of Add/Drop System: Waiver Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest or Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest
What days do you want Waivers to Run?: Wednesday
What Time do you want Waivers run?: 9pm ET
Dropped Players are Locked Until: Dropped players are locked until the following Sun @ 1pm (or Mon @ 9pm)
Lock all FA Each Week on: Sun @ 1pm ET (or Mon @ 9pm)
Prevent Owners From Making ANY Add/Drops Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? Yes

The key here is they are using the term "locked" more like other sites and the NFL does now. In the past on MFL a player couldn't be requested in waivers or FCFS if they were locked.
Now they have to be locked to be requested in waivers, unlocked means they can be requested FCFS. So by setting that "lock all FA" settings it will lock all players at that time so that they have to go thru waivers first. Any player that has cleared waivers can then be picked up in FCFS, do what you want with players that were dropped...either lock them until the next week waivers or you can just check boxes for additional days to run those dropped players only since they will be the only ones locked until your Lock all FA day/time.

Basically we just have to get used to the new way terms are being used.

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:23 am

bonscott wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:53 am In the end my guess is the vertical menu was nuked because it screws up mobile on phones. Just not enough room on that small screen (which to be perfectly honest there wasn't).
Serious question... did anyone dislike using the full webpage layout on their mobile browser? I always preferred it, especially over using the app.

Just my opinion but I didn't see a need for a "mobile friendly" layout at all. And what we have now is basically the exact same thing just with all the homepage mods stacked on top of each other. That's an improvement?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:48 am

hammertoes wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:23 am erious question... did anyone dislike using the full webpage layout on their mobile browser? I always preferred it, especially over using the app.

Just my opinion but I didn't see a need for a "mobile friendly" layout at all. And what we have now is basically the exact same thing just with all the homepage mods stacked on top of each other. That's an improvement?
I definitely like and prefer the idea of a mobile-friendly layout as I've pretty much never used the vertical menu at all (and I like the desktop site without it - much cleaner). I've always used the top menu for everything, particularly the reports menu, and on an Android phone would always have to zoom in/out a lot to navigate it. It was manageable but is much easier on the changed interface.

The definite downside has been the module layout expanding down the entire page. It would be nice if at the very least those modules were collapsable.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:55 am

bonscott wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:53 am On the MFL support forums the guy that did a lot of the skin/CSS programming has posted code that bring back the vertical menu if you want it. My understanding is that for default skins it will not be added back (although that could change based on feedback obviously) but you can do what you want if you customize.

In the end my guess is the vertical menu was nuked because it screws up mobile on phones. Just not enough room on that small screen (which to be perfectly honest there wasn't).
I did as the instructions said, and it brought back the vertical menu for me, but only on the computer I did it on. Logged in as commish and as Owner, both had side bar. Once I go on another computer, it's not there. Anyone know why?

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:27 am

hammertoes wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:23 am
bonscott wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:53 am In the end my guess is the vertical menu was nuked because it screws up mobile on phones. Just not enough room on that small screen (which to be perfectly honest there wasn't).
Serious question... did anyone dislike using the full webpage layout on their mobile browser? I always preferred it, especially over using the app.

In terms of mobile, yes, it's a huge improvement. On a small screen phone you don't want people to be zooming in and out, scrolling all over the place, etc. It needs to be simple and full screen and that's what the new MFL website does. The way they had it before, while worked on mobile, was against all good mobile design. I have seen posted that I believe MFL may offer an option to force the desktop mode on mobile, but just a rumor.

Most web sites you go to these days do the exact same thing, in fact what I don't like about many web sites is they don't even design a "desktop" version and it's all just mobile and looks like crap on desktop. Unfortunately us people that use an actual computer desktop or laptop are a dying breed. I've got one owner in my league under 25 (rest of us are over 40) and he has never gone to the site once on a computer. He does about 99% of his "computer time" on his phone.

Thus I'm not fighting it and just going with the flow and not try to be the "get off my lawn" old man with your desktop computer guy. 8-)