Greatest TE class ever?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Greatest TE class ever?

Postby ebsteelers » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:40 am

considering I need a TE, I'm fairly excited. but also understand there will be a wait... in another league im still waiting on Maxx Williams..

cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby cha » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:55 am

ebsteelers wrote:considering I need a TE, I'm fairly excited. but also understand there will be a wait... in another league im still waiting on Maxx Williams..
Yeah I am still waiting on Williams and Ladarius Green. Although at least Green has flashed a little bit...when healthy....

ckbeav
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ckbeav » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:22 am

As an Eifert owner i've gotten so used to streaming TEs that it would feel odd to have actual depth there! haha

I'm very tempted to over draft a TE this year, i have the 1.05, 2.02, and 2.03, but i'll probably chicken out and take best available as usual. I probably need to move on from Eifert, this back issue has me worried long term.
10-Team, PPR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R
QB: CJ Stroud
WR: AJ Brown, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Demario Douglas, Christian Watson, Elijah Moore, Marvin Mims, Wan'Dale Robinson, Rashod Bateman
RB: Bijan Robinson, Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams, Ken Walker, Zach Moss, Jaleel McLaughlin
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods
2013, 2016, 2021 Champ

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:30 am

ckbeav wrote:As an Eifert owner i've gotten so used to streaming TEs that it would feel odd to have actual depth there! haha

I'm very tempted to over draft a TE this year, i have the 1.05, 2.02, and 2.03, but i'll probably chicken out and take best available as usual. I probably need to move on from Eifert, this back issue has me worried long term.

sitting at 1.03, 1.15, and 1.16... I think one of the top 2 guys should be there at 1.15, or 1.16

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 am

Maybe...??? Only time will tell.
However I'm in the thinking as mentioned by a few that never drafts a TE, unless they really are the BPA. For instance last year Hunter Henry was sitting there at pick 32 so I snagged him. Ended up flipping him, my 2017 2nd(ended up 2.02, 16 team league), Tony Romo, and Bilal Powell for a 2017 1st and Martavis Bryant. That 1st ended up being the 1.03. I fill like i made out great in this trade. But my point is I'm waiting to draft a TE. I have some picks this year, that maybe I'll take a chance on 1 or 2 with my 2nds, that's if I don't package them for another 2018 1st.
16 team 1ppr
Jackson, Tua, Bridgewater
Sutton, ARob, Higgins, D. Harris
Barkley, Chubb, McKissic, D. Williams, Felton
Piits, Tonyan, Smith
LB: Wilson, Parsons, Milano, Reddick, Baker, Greenlaw, Walker Jr.
DL: C. Heyward, Flowers, Hunter, Franklin-Myers
DB: Harrison Smith, Abram, Davis III, Bradberry, Maye

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr
QB:Jackson, Mills, Eason, Newton
RB: Barkley/Najee/Gaskin/Hines/Sony/Johnson, Stevenson
WR: Chase/Juju/Aiyuk/Mike Williams/Beasley/N. Harry/Will Fuller/Cephus/D. Brown
TE: Pitts/Knox
DST:49ers, Titans
K: Koo

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Mixon, Lindsay, Drake, Hines, Murray, Carter
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:44 am

I've got Engram and Butt already in my devy league, so I'm excited to see where they end up. As for my other league, I'll be cautious as young TEs rarely make an early impact.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:54 pm

All I know is if Howard or Njoku are available at 2.07 and have a good landing spot then I don't see why I wouldn't grab one. If Howard goes to Oakland I will be jumping all over his talent.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Looks like the best or one of them and I plan on using a pick per league for the most post to grab one (I tend to stream them). If I only had a second rounder to work with, I might hold off, but in most leagues I preplanned for this, acquiring a ton of '17 2nd rounders to speculate on RB's, and a TE, and just best guy available. I can understand passing on these guys if you've only got the one 2nd rounder to work with or are fine at TE, but if you have the pick ammo, and could use a TE with high upside, and have the roster space to accommodate a guy who may not contribute for a long while, then I think taking a shot at one makes sense.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 pm

ebsteelers wrote:
ckbeav wrote:As an Eifert owner i've gotten so used to streaming TEs that it would feel odd to have actual depth there! haha

sitting at 1.03, 1.15, and 1.16... I think one of the top 2 guys should be there at 1.15, or 1.16
id rather just trade for a te that you know will produce or like going forward. that will cut your waiting time. i just traded my 11 overall for ertz. i dont know if i love it....but i do like the move for now. i need a nice te and likely would have been looking to get one with the pick. i just went ahead with the deal. (as a maxx williams owner, i was able to replace waller with ertz. and may just trade or cut williams this offseason to make room for rookies.)

in terms of roster construction...i think eifert is a definate hold. i like to roster two nice options so that i can flex 1 if need be. "stashing" a te just seems like a wasted roster spot in most instances. this comming from an owner of williams and lad green in several leagues.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Seeing as how there is quite a bit of depth I probably won't draft any of the "top" tight ends, and will just grab them in the later rookie rounds, like 3rd or 4th round, and just settle on the 4th/5th tight end, especially if Jake Butt is that 4th or 5th tight end in rookie drafts, I'll gladly just wait and take him as opposed to wasting a high rookie pick on a tight end.

People Mover
Role Player
Role Player

Postby People Mover » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Fellas. I made a mistake a few years back and took Eric Ebron before OBJ. Have regretted it ever since. I feel like I am going to take a TE again with a first round pick if he lands in the right place. Unless I am able to trade down, I don't see any other way. I don't have any second or third round picks. I do have 8 first rounders though. My league mates are tough to trade with. The 1.12 is reserved for my TE of choice. Is that terrible? Again, trading is like pulling teeth in this league, without anesthesia and with rusty tools.

I have the 1,3,5,7,8,9,10,and 12th picks in the first round. Am I crazy for wanting the top TE? I can afford to sit on him and wait for him to blossom too. I have Ebron and Green.
1 team PPR league
Winner take all. $500 buy in.
I own 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01, 5.01 (plan to trade those picks for JMatt)

QB: JMatt
RB: JMatt, JMatt, JMatt
WR: JMatt-left side, JMatt-right side, JMatt-slot, JMatt-Vanderbilt, JMatt-sideline, JRice (just in case)
TE: JMatt, JMatt
K: JMatt

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:29 am

People Mover wrote:Fellas. I made a mistake a few years back and took Eric Ebron before OBJ. Have regretted it ever since. I feel like I am going to take a TE again with a first round pick if he lands in the right place. Unless I am able to trade down, I don't see any other way. I don't have any second or third round picks. I do have 8 first rounders though. My league mates are tough to trade with. The 1.12 is reserved for my TE of choice. Is that terrible? Again, trading is like pulling teeth in this league, without anesthesia and with rusty tools.

I have the 1,3,5,7,8,9,10,and 12th picks in the first round. Am I crazy for wanting the top TE? I can afford to sit on him and wait for him to blossom too. I have Ebron and Green.
With that many draft picks, I don't see any issue with taking a TE at the 12th pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:36 am

No offense people mover, but I still have a problem with it. I wouldn't reach on those guys. I shouldn't call it reach because most people have Howard going at the end of the first. But look at the guys going in the second. I'd much rather have a perine or gallman than I guy that looks good on paper but hasn't really done much to warrant all the hype

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:45 am

With late 1sts, early 2nds I like to chase the QB & TE positions. TE looks much better than QB this year so with 1.12 or 2.02 in a 14 team league I am targeting either Howard or Njoku, maybe both if believe they are the best players available.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:30 am

OJ Howard - Alabama
Evan Engram - Ole Miss
Bucky Hodges - Virginia Tech
David Njoku - Miami
Jake Butt - Michigan
Jordan Leggett - Clemson
Michael Roberts - Toledo
Jeremy Sprinkle - Arkansas

Depending on the depth of your league and the depth of your rookie draft, I think all the guys above will wind up worth rostering. Before diving in deep I thought I was high on Jake Butt from Michigan...then I started studying these other guys and...whew...really good looking group.
Other names I've looked at a bit and came away with a positive impression but have not seen enough to rank:
Dallas Goedert - South Dakota State
Gerald Everett - South Alabama
Adam Shaheen - Ashland
Cole Hikutini - Louisville