Going into MNF: Semi Finals

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dubl29
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Going into MNF: Semi Finals

Postby dubl29 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Down 4.9 going into MNF: I have Reed going and he has Stewart. I benched Brate last night for Reed tonight...Hopefully it doesn't haunt me for the next year...
The Tuna Turner Spelling Institute:
12 Team Non-PPR Dyno Standard Scoring w/6pt pass TDs *No WW* (QRRWWWTF)

QB: Winston, Kizer, Beathard
RB: Gurley, Cook, Miller, Hyde, Ingram, Dayes, Malcolm Brown, Clement, McNichols, E. Hood
WR: Evans, A. Cooper, B. Cooks, Alshon, C. Davis, DT, Treadwell, L. Fitgerald, Golladay, K. Wright, Chad Williams, Trent Taylor, J. Hunter
TE: J. Reed, C. Brate, J. James, Ladarius

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:30 pm

I advanced to the championship. The other matchup, the #1 team who happens to own David bleeping Johnson needs 14.44 from Kirk Cousins to advance. I'm rooting hard against Cousins tonight. David Johnson knocked me out in my other league this week. bleep that guy.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Jason wrote:I advanced to the championship. The other matchup, the #1 team who happens to own David bleeping Johnson needs 14.44 from Kirk Cousins to advance. I'm rooting hard against Cousins tonight. David Johnson knocked me out in my other league this week. bleep that guy.
Christmas Miracle! The super stacked team with DJ, Demarco, Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Landry, Davante Adams, Kelce, Cousins...eliminated!

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:08 pm

I just got in the finals in a very dramatic way for team 1 in my sign.

We were tied going into the last minute with Washington getting the ball. I would win in a tiebreaker. He need Crowder to get 1 yard to put him ahead one point. Crowder gets 6 yards, but fumbles and I win by 1 point. Absolutely amazing!

My other league I got destroyed in, but that's besides the point.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Herbert, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Pierce, D. Singletary
WR: D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 pm

joeday wrote:Ok, we are one Monday Night Football game away from the finals! How do your matchups look?

Bombers (NON PPR): -21.60 with Kirk Cousins, Jordan Reed vs. Robert Kelley (I think Kirk can close the gap so it will come down to Reed vs. Kelley...long story short I need a healthy Reed.) I was toast once Reed decided to be Rocky

Mastodons (NON PPR): +82.15 with no players vs. Cam Newton, DeSean Jackson, Panthers D/ST (His players would need to score around 27 points each to beat me, so I should be ok...but stranger things have happened!) This was closer than I thought it would be, but still a healthy margin of victory

Gotham City Rogues (PPR): +14.55 with no players vs. Jordan Reed (If Reed is healthy I lose, if he is not then I will win.) Rocky II, where the good guy wins

Rapid City Monuments (PPR): -2.90 with no players vs. no players (I played Rodgers over Palmer and it cost me the game...losing AJG and Julio just killed my team down the stretch.)

Scarecrow Boat (PPR): -7.70 with Jordan Reed vs. no players (Well I can win this one and the Rogues game, but I can't lose both of them which is good. If Reed is healthy I think this is an easy win.) Rocky III...hurts being the best team all season and losing

Mr. McGibblets (NON PPR): +53.50 with no players vs. Panthers D/ST (My opponent getting 1.70 out of Parker and Damien Williams on Saturday Night had me off to the right start.)

Kegel the Elf (PPR): -18.55 with Kirk Cousins vs. no players (Kirk hit this number every week except for one this season, so I feel somewhat safe...but I definitely am not counting my chickens.) Literally won on the last play of the game

Klunebergs (PPR): +84.70 with no players vs. Greg Olsen (Yeah, I went off this week.)

Buttloose Tina 4 (PPR): +41.85 with no players vs. no players (I had a decent week, but my opponent totally crapped the bed.)

Buttloose Tina 5 (PPR): -26.00 with no players vs. Kirk Cousins (I hope I lose this game but about 70 points! lol)

Sinestro Corps (PPR): +3.30 with Kirk Cousins vs. Pierre Garcon (If I would have played Cooks over Sanders this game wouldn't even be close...ugh. Even so, I should be ok if Kirk spreads the ball around.) Touch and go for most of the night but I pulled it off

Green Lantern Corps (PPR): +27.30 with no players vs. no players (This is a team I took over as an orphan this off season and I am thrilled with how well it has done. The clear best team, owned by my friend who brought me into the league, also won and made the finals.)

So I definitely made the finals in 4 leagues and definitely was eliminated in 2...6 have yet to be decided and I think all of them will be close. I will make the finals in at least 5 leagues (since two of the games will be determined by Reed and I can't lose them both).

Ok folks, how do all of you look this week?
I made 8 finals so it was a good week, but always sucks losing my main league.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:21 am

BlackOmega wrote:Since this will essentially be the last "going into MNF"" of the year I'll be a bit more detailed of all teams still fighting for the playoffs {though I have several that won't have a championship until week 17}:

Fist of Damocles (5 seed): +30 points with Jamison Crowder -vs- Vernon Davis {20 team keeper - standard scoring} I won't claim victory until the last player is done but this is almost locked up, a win moving me to the semi's in this league {we play through week 17}
won by 28.20 points, neither had a big night, on to the semi finals next week!

Harvey's Birdmen (2 seed): +24.86 with no one -vs- Jonathan Stewart {12 team keeper - standard scoring} I feel pretty good here but RB's can have big games so this isn't a lock yet
won by 10.86 points, Stewart had a big night but stayed out of the end zone, on to the championship!

Sword of Damocles (1 seed): +7.68 with Jordan Reed -vs- no one {10 team redraft - standard scoring} on to the championship next week!
looks like I won't be starting Reed next week as he is still badly hobbled by that shoulder!

Shield of Damocles (3 seed): +9.50 with Jamison Crowder -vs- no one {10 team redraft - standard scoring} on to the championship next week!
glad I had this locked up as Crowder was no real help

Sniper Kats (1 seed): +44.5 with Jamison Crowder -vs- Jonathan Stewart & the Panthers Def {10 team redraft - standard scoring} the champagne is on ice but again no celebration until this is locked up
won by 22.9 {no thanks to Crowder!} so on to the championship!

Wings of Vengeance (3 seed): +5.6 with Jamison Crowder -vs- Pierre Garcon {12 team dynasty - PPR with return yds & big play bonus} this is the second week of a two week playoff, I was down by 50 after week one and figured it was over, but Cooks and Freeman brought me back from the brink so it's a coin flip for tonight!
loss by 4.8 points, after coming back from so far down this one hurts, maybe next year

Jolly Rogers (6 seed): -10 points with Rob Kelley -vs- no one {12 team redraft - PPR} let down by Eifert and the Vikings def this is another coin flip to move on or go home
won by 5 points, Kelley's TD in the 2nd quarter salted this one away, on to the championship!

Norse of Course! (4 seed): +28.02 points with no one -vs- Thomas Davis{LB} {16 team deep keeper - PPR w/ret yds and balanced IDP scoring} if he only gets tackles I can probably hold him off, if he gets a sack or pick then this is probably over, another coin flip right now
won by 16.02 points, Davis had a decent night but no INT or sack help seal the win for me, on to the championship!

Midwest Land Sharks (1 seed): +85.35 points with no one -vs- Jamison Crowder & Bashaud Breeland{DB} {10 team keeper - PPR w/ret yds and weak IDP scoring} with the light IDP scoring, Crowder would have to have a game for the ages to make up the gap, no celebration yet but I feel good here
won by 74.15, never really any doubt here, this may be my strongest team and I'm on to the championship!

Death From Above (3 seed): -10.75 points with Jamison Crowder -vs- Mason Foster{LB} {10 team keeper - PPR w/ret yds and good IDP scoring} with the good IDP scoring and facing a deficit I have a feeling this is looking like a loss
loss by 22.55, with Crowder doing next to nothing, never had a chance here and having Cooks on the bench really hurts!

Kardiac Kats (2 seed): -62 points with Rob Kelley & Luke Kuechly{LB} -vs- Greg Olsen & Shaq Thompson{LB} {12 team dynasty - PPR w/ret yards and good IDP scoring} if I managed to win this there would be an investigation launched by Roger Goodell before the echo of the final gun has faded away tonight! I agonized over taking Ty Montgomery out of my starting lineup for Diggs but I can at least console myself that it wouldn't have helped in the big picture!
loss by 44 points, I swapped out Luke with Kurt Coleman who had a good night but there was no real chance here

Birds of Prey (1 seed): -15.18 points with Jordan Reed -vs- Kelvin Benjamin, Bashaud Breeland{DB} & Ryan Kerrigan{LB} {24 team dynasty - PPR w/light IDP scoring} Leveon Bell didn't save me this week, nor did Stafford, Watkins or Cooper! looks like I won't have a chance for the three-peat as champion in this league!
loss by 24.74, nothing from Reed and I put up my lowest point total of the season {even lower than the week I had no QB due to the bye!}

Shadow Warriors (2 seed): -3.81 points with Rob Kelley -vs- Pierre Garcon & Dustin Hopkins{K} {16 team dynasty - PPR w/return yds and good IDP} if the Redskins only score TD's and Kelley has a bigger night than Garcon then I have a chance but I'm not holding my breath!
loss by 13.11, as feared way too many FG's for Hopkins and a push between Kelley and Garcon led to the loss

Gato Pistoleros (6 seed): +31.08 points with Rob Kelley & Jamison Crowder -vs- Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen & Thomas Davis{LB} {12 team deep keeper - PPR w/ret yds, average IDP and big play scoring} the sometimes screwy scoring will make this a nail biter until the end, in a more normal scoring setup I would feel pretty good but in this league it's a coin flip and a win here would lead to the semis as this is another league that plays through 17 weeks
won by 14.09, with Crowder failing this tighted up but we held on for the win and move on to the semi-finals next week

Aces & Eights (8 seed): +29.49 points with Jamison Crowder -vs- Tre Boston{DB} & Bashaud Breeland{DB} {24 team dynasty - PPR w/ret yds and balanced IDP scoring} with the balanced IDP scoring this is a coin flip, if his 2 DB's don't get any picks or sacks I should win this otherwise it could get ugly early!
won by 12.07 points, thank goodness for no INT or Sacks for his def players or this may have swung the other way, as it is all 6 division winners are now eliminated and I'll be meeting the other wild card team in the championship!

Trondheim Fire Dragons (2 seed): +25.85 points with Cam Newton, Rob Kelley & Will Compton{LB} -vs- Josh Norman{DB} & Luke Keuchly{LB} {10 team dynasty - PPR w/ret yds and average IDP scoring} with only having average IDP scoring I feel pretty good about this one
won by 74.62 points, I swapped out Compton with Mason Foster and he had no backup for Luke so we widened the margin of victory on this one and it's on to the championship!

I play in 24 leagues and have 17 still alive in the playoffs {one is on a bye this week}, this week I have 2 wins in the bag 3 more likely against 2 likely losses and 9 games still contested where winning at least 5 of those would feel like a victory. Basically tonight many of my games will rise or fall based on Jamison Crowder and Rob Kelley's play!
So the final results for the week have me going 11-5 in playoff games leading to me playing in 9 championships and 3 semi-finals next week