Ajayi Didn't Just Suddenly "Get Gud" -- A study in context

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Re: Ajayi Didn't Just Suddenly "Get Gud" -- A study in conte

Postby Litesout13 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:51 pm

ninotoreS wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolph ... jay-ajayi/
Gase said of Ajayi after the win, "I'm never going to go away from him," per the Palm Beach Post.

Cool story.
ninotoreS wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:I actually watched most of that game, but thanks!!
Don't think I believe you. I'm 80% sure I recall your nick from previous incidences of posting misinformation related to lack of football actually watched. But I'm bad about remembering aliases, so it's possible I'm wrong.

Here's a litmus test: you a fan of Matt Kelley?
You are wrong. If I dont watch a game, I will fully admit to it. But again, thanks! You seem to have trouble with assumptions
ninotoreS wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:You saw a match up proof player yesterday?? I dont understand how someone can be match up proof with the stat line I provided.
Really. You can't understand it. Maybe I can help you. 'Match-up proof' is a fantasy-context phrase indicating a player that produces fantasy points regardless of match-up. LIke, say, vs the league's #1 run-D. Which Ajayi posted 20 fantasy points against in half-ppr. You understand it yet?

The efficiency of how the player does it is beside the point, in the 'match-up proof' context. And I've already successfully addressed that regardless; couldn't help but notice you avoided responding to the PFF grading that contradicts your opinion.
Would you like to be a grown up and have a conversation or continue to be a condescending douche?

I posted a stat line that showed you a guy that wasnt all that impressive leading into the last quarter. He was terribly inefficient heading into the 4th quarter, hell he was not good heading into the final drive. Sorry if I dont consider that player to be match up proof. Especially when considering his first 4 games and previous season. A "match up proof" player can be efficient regardless of the opponent, and likely regardless of circumstance. Ajayi is hardly that, but I guess we have different definitions.

And PFF grades are meaningless to me for the most part. They are just people who watch the games(like you or I would) and put together a grading formula. Much of which can be subjective. Ex: they can credit a WR with a dropped pass when another person would have deemed that same pass uncatchable. That would effect the WR's PFF grade when it really shouldnt. It may be a nice tool if you didnt watch a player or a game, but like I said it can be very subjective.

You are using others opinions and recency bias to try and push your opinion on to me, and others. Sorry if that doesnt do it for me.
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:53 pm

thebeast wrote:I tuned in on a few plays - didn't William and Drake both have a few nice runs? It is Ajayi or the line that is producing the results lately? I feel like it's the line.
Drake didnt get a rushing attempt. But Williams did break a 20 yard run at one point.

The feeling is people give credit to Ajayi when he puts up numbers and blames the line when he doesnt. Its very convenient to say the least
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Gase said of Ajayi after the win, "I'm never going to go away from him," per the Palm Beach Post.

Don't think I believe you. I'm 80% sure I recall your nick from previous incidences of posting misinformation related to lack of football actually watched. But I'm bad about remembering aliases, so it's possible I'm wrong.

Litesout13 wrote:You saw a match up proof player yesterday?? I dont understand how someone can be match up proof with the stat line I provided.
Really. You can't understand it. Maybe I can help you. 'Match-up proof' is a fantasy-context phrase indicating a player that produces fantasy points regardless of match-up. LIke, say, vs the league's #1 run-D. Which Ajayi posted 20 fantasy points against in half-ppr. You understand it yet?

The efficiency of how the player does it is beside the point, in the 'match-up proof' context. And I've already successfully addressed that regardless; couldn't help but notice you avoided responding to the PFF grading that contradicts your opinion.
Phaded wrote:That said - yeah; he was bad in the first half, but a lot of RBs make their way in the second half. That was what Gurley did last year, as opposing defenses get tired (and now we see how that turned out). It was the tale of two halves, really. However, I think it is risky territory when RBs seem to only get it done in the back half
You seem to be throwing shade at several of the sport's greatest ever power-backs enshrined in Canton. Regardless, Jay didn't need the 4th quarter to produce 140-150 of his yards vs Pitt and Buffalo, did he?
I was going to reply to good ol litescout but saw you had already. Glad I held off!

*grabs popcorn*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:01 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:

Phaded wrote:That said - yeah; he was bad in the first half, but a lot of RBs make their way in the second half. That was what Gurley did last year, as opposing defenses get tired (and now we see how that turned out). It was the tale of two halves, really. However, I think it is risky territory when RBs seem to only get it done in the back half
You seem to be throwing shade at several of the sport's greatest ever power-backs enshrined in Canton. Regardless, Jay didn't need the 4th quarter to produce 140-150 of his yards vs Pitt and Buffalo, did he?
I was going to reply to good ol litescout but saw you had already. Glad I held off!

*grabs popcorn*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wave:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:01 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
You are evidently misinterpreting what I am saying.
I'm not "throwing shade" - I was simply pointing out where a lot of running backs get their stats from; and I don't think it can really be argued.
Tiring out defenses is a legitimate strategy that a lot of coaches use. That is literally where "run out the clock" came from.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:04 pm

thebeast wrote:I tuned in on a few plays - didn't William and Drake both have a few nice runs? It is Ajayi or the line that is producing the results lately? I feel like it's the line.
Not sure what game you tuned in to? Drake didn't the run the ball a single time. Williams had 5 rushes , 1 of which he broke for a long 20ish yard gain and mostly stymied on the other carries. Maybe you tuned in for that ONE play where Williams had a single nice run? Not going to say the line hasn't improved since week 1, because it most certainly has. But to credit Ajayi's stretch here to "its the line" is just lazy and incorrect.

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:45 am

Litesout13 wrote: Would you like to be a grown up and have a conversation or continue to be a condescending douche?

I posted a stat line that showed you a guy that wasnt all that impressive leading into the last quarter. He was terribly inefficient heading into the 4th quarter, hell he was not good heading into the final drive. Sorry if I dont consider that player to be match up proof. Especially when considering his first 4 games and previous season. A "match up proof" player can be efficient regardless of the opponent, and likely regardless of circumstance. Ajayi is hardly that, but I guess we have different definitions.

And PFF grades are meaningless to me for the most part. They are just people who watch the games(like you or I would) and put together a grading formula. Much of which can be subjective. Ex: they can credit a WR with a dropped pass when another person would have deemed that same pass uncatchable. That would effect the WR's PFF grade when it really shouldnt. It may be a nice tool if you didnt watch a player or a game, but like I said it can be very subjective.

You are using others opinions and recency bias to try and push your opinion on to me, and others. Sorry if that doesnt do it for me.
You have been nothing but condescending, and a douche since you spouted off. Yes, other people watched the game. Yes, we still think he did good against the number one defense in the league. Yes, your opinion is just as subjective as everyone elses.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:10 pm

How people can honestly not give Ajayi any credit at this point is beyond me. The only thing that seems to make sense is stubbornness. People that are trying to downplay what he has done recently must have passed on picking him up, or sold him low, or something and just do not want to admit to themselves and others that they may have been wrong. I'm not saying he can't crash and burn...but, man, if he's still being sold off for cheap, I'm buying to see what happens.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:28 pm

think most that own Ajayi are prepared to ride him until his knee does go, if and when .. I personally hope its like 10 years from now :P
@PlankMelody

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:58 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Not sure what game you tuned in to? Drake didn't the run the ball a single time. Williams had 5 rushes , 1 of which he broke for a long 20ish yard gain and mostly stymied on the other carries. Maybe you tuned in for that ONE play where Williams had a single nice run? Not going to say the line hasn't improved since week 1, because it most certainly has. But to credit Ajayi's stretch here to "its the line" is just lazy and incorrect.
It was the Miami game - I saw the end of Drake's kickoff return. Duh. I would say though that your comment above is maybe ironic, Williams would have 6 ypc and I think his body of work is kind of proportionate to that of Ajayi in this game - I say maybe because clearly my eyes can't be trusted. IN any case it doesn't matter, seems like Ajayi is locked and loaded as the lead RB and whether it's his talent or the olne matters little as the results have been pretty good.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:09 pm

No worries Beast, I won't argue D. Williams has handled himself well in relief duties. And I won't argue Miami's O/line has played much better as of late. But it sounded like you were saying Drake and Williams were busting out a lot of big runs too, and anybody could produce the kind of results Ajayi has with the touches. That I will argue, but that's only because I like what I've seen. It's ok to not agree with me. Futile maybe, but...lol