Mike Evans Top Dynasty Asset?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Mike Evans

Postby kuphal_99 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:50 am

What Tier do you have him on currently? I have zero interest in moving him, but I have been approached by several owners lately and it got me to thinking. Who would you move him straight up for? OBJ-yes. Beyond that I think an argument can be made to keep him over everyone else. Thoughts?
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Wentz, Brees
RB-Zeke, Chubb, Conner, Ronald Jones, Snell, Edmunds
WR-Hopkins, Hill, Diggs, Green,, Mike Williams, Hurd, Conley,
TE-Ertz, Goedert, Seals-Jones, Gronk
K-Butker
No picks next 2 years

JoshGordonsDealer
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Mike Evans

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:07 am

I actually agree with you. I think there's a tier 1 of:

OBJ, Evans, Antonio Brown, Julio. Virtually unquestioned elite WRs with several years left at that level. You could make an argument for putting them at any order you want. I won't fault your for saying Evans is your no. 2 dynasty asset, even though he's not mine.

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kuphal_99 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:12 am

Julio and Antonio I like for this year certainly but as a dynasty asset give me the youth of Evans. Julio is on the injury report every week with some different knee/foot/ankle/calf ailment. Brown is better but 4 years older, and with Big Ben his #s drop drastically. I wouldn't move him for Hopkins or A Rob straight up. I think a year from now a number of people will be talking about him as the #1 dynasty asset.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Wentz, Brees
RB-Zeke, Chubb, Conner, Ronald Jones, Snell, Edmunds
WR-Hopkins, Hill, Diggs, Green,, Mike Williams, Hurd, Conley,
TE-Ertz, Goedert, Seals-Jones, Gronk
K-Butker
No picks next 2 years

nathanq42
MVP
MVP

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:15 am

At this very second I'd probably have to go
OBJ
Julio/AB
Then Evans
But after this season it could easily be
Obj/Evans
Julio/AB
12 Team 20 man roster 4 reserve slots 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1WR/RB/TE 1K 1DEF
QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Gardner Minshew
RB Rashaad Penny, Austin Ekeler, Royce Freeman, Jerrick McKinnon, Justice Hill
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams, Zach Parscal, James Washington, Hakeem Butler
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller, Jacob Hollister

Picks
5 2020 firsts (3 in top 6 lottery, 2 in playoffs)
2 2021 firsts (both mid to late)

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:18 am

I agree that OBJ is the other play I would trade Evans for straight up. However, if this is week 11 and I am ready to make a championship run, I would be inclined to move him for AB given how dominate him and Ben can be, and with Ben I believe his floor is higher than Evans.
12 Team PPR 11-1
Gurleys Gone Mild
QB: Rivers, Brees, JG, Bridgewater, Fitz
RB: Gurley, Cook, Henry, Sanders, Hyde, Miller, M Brown
WR: MThomas, Evans , Kupp, Fitz, MVS, Parker, Cain, Callaway, A Tate, Meyers,
TE: Kelce Higbee, RSJ, Gronk
DEF:Chicago
2020 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2021 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR 9-3
President Mixon.
QB - Wilson, Ryan
RB - Barkley, Mixon, Penny, Howard, McCoy, J Jackson, Dixon
WR - Godwin, Beckham, Landry, M Jones, M Williams, A Miller, Boykin Parker, D Cain, Hollins, Doctson
TE - OJ Howard, Andrews
DEF - Pats, 49ers
Picks
2020 - 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Something to think about: Evans has 0 competition for targets right now. I remember similar conversations about Hopkins last year around this time when he was putting up monstrous weekly numbers with an insane amount of targets every week. Evan's situation is very similar right now, especially with Doug Martin and Simms both injured. He basically is the entire offense. Now that Fuller has arrived to eat into Hopkins's targets people there isn't a whole lot of talk of him being a tier 1 WR. I like Evan's long term situation and measurables better than Hopkins but the buc's are bound to add a WR2 next year to play opposite Evan's which could cause a similar cooling off in production. For that reason I would not trade OBJ for Evans and probably wouldn't quite put him in tier 1 just yet

JCDallas
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby JCDallas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:01 pm

For me I have him right in the top 5 discussion.. Only really Julio and Beckham ahead of him for sure.. You could make a case for Evans being the dynasty WR3 with the way he has been playing and with the Ben Roethlisberger injuries to slow down Antonio Brown. Hopkins QB is awful who is not forcing him the ball, which knocks him down a tad to the point where I like Cooper more than Hopkins... It's Really its a personal preference of Julio/Beckham/Brown/Evans/Cooper for me..
Team 1: 12 Team PPR
QB Wilson, Winston
RB Conner, Ingram, T Coleman, R Freeman, L Murray, McCoy, Snell, Darrell Williams
WR Diggs, M Williams, Ridley, Watkins, Moncrief, G Tate, D Jackson, Goodwin, Doctson, D Robinson
TE Ebron, Hooper, Walker, Waller
PICKS:
2020 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2021 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2: 12 Team PPR
QB: Luck, Cousins, Mariota, Foles
RB: Fournette, Mack, D Freeman, Henry, Howard, Lewis, McKinnon, Hyde, I Smith, R Armstead, Burkhead
WR: M Thomas, Smith-Schuster, Lockett, Jeffery, M Jones, Shepard, Fitzgerald
TE: Howard, Henry

Team 3: 32 team .5 PPR, 2x Player Copies, Depth is Like a 16 Team League
QB Brees, Winston
RB Chubb, Cook, Henry, Mack, Damien Williams, C Hyde, D Hilliard
WR M Thomas, Cooks, Boyd, Edelman, Samuel, Jeffery, Moncrief, D Robinson
TE Kelce, McDonald, Sample
PICKS:
2020 4th
2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

nathanq42
MVP
MVP

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:32 pm

jimmycricket14 wrote:Something to think about: Evans has 0 competition for targets right now. I remember similar conversations about Hopkins last year around this time when he was putting up monstrous weekly numbers with an insane amount of targets every week. Evan's situation is very similar right now, especially with Doug Martin and Simms both injured. He basically is the entire offense. Now that Fuller has arrived to eat into Hopkins's targets people there isn't a whole lot of talk of him being a tier 1 WR. I like Evan's long term situation and measurables better than Hopkins but the buc's are bound to add a WR2 next year to play opposite Evan's which could cause a similar cooling off in production. For that reason I would not trade OBJ for Evans and probably wouldn't quite put him in tier 1 just yet
Detroit never added to Megatron. But I guess that's because Megatron regularly beat triple coverage with his size. Evans is basically the same size as Megatron, if Evans works on his hands he can be pretty darn close.
Garbage
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams, Zach Parscal, James Washington, Hakeem Butler

Picks

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 pm

I still would like to see much more chemistry between Jameis and Mike .. Mike makes it looks so easy though, like he'll catch 4 passes and before you know it he's already over a 100 yards and a score

Julio is just down right scary and can utterly destroy you .. he really makes guys look like high schoolers out there.. I'd ride Julio until he retires where I have him, the man is a beast.
@PlankMelody

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:50 pm

I'd have no issue with people having Evans #1 overall, and I have him 2nd behind OBJ. Sure, the team will eventually add more weapons, but the difference between Evans and Hopkins is Evans has better physical tools and a much better QB situation long term.

For this year, he is on pace for a record number of targets and has a cake playoff schedule. Is it even a short term upgrade to move him for Brown or Julio?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:27 pm

I've said it before and I'll repeat - Evans is not as far off from OBJ as those around here would have you believe.

He is in the top tier of dynasty WRs.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:44 pm

My tier 1 is Evans/Cooper/OBJ/Arob/Antonio Brown.

nathanq42
MVP
MVP

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Jason3123 wrote:My tier 1 is Evans/Cooper/OBJ/Arob/Antonio Brown.
I agree with all except Arob. But to each their own. (I have him in tier 2)
Garbage

Picks

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:00 pm

jimmycricket14 wrote:Something to think about: Evans has 0 competition for targets right now. I remember similar conversations about Hopkins last year around this time when he was putting up monstrous weekly numbers with an insane amount of targets every week. Evan's situation is very similar right now, especially with Doug Martin and Simms both injured. He basically is the entire offense. Now that Fuller has arrived to eat into Hopkins's targets people there isn't a whole lot of talk of him being a tier 1 WR. I like Evan's long term situation and measurables better than Hopkins but the buc's are bound to add a WR2 next year to play opposite Evan's which could cause a similar cooling off in production. For that reason I would not trade OBJ for Evans and probably wouldn't quite put him in tier 1 just yet
And Sterling Shepard could eat into OBJ's targets, and we've already seen a preview of that this season. Ultimately, no team is going to rely on 1 WR to do everything. Playing the target game with WR's will just have you running in circles.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 pm

nathanq42 wrote:
Jason3123 wrote:My tier 1 is Evans/Cooper/OBJ/Arob/Antonio Brown.
I agree with all except Arob. But to each their own. (I have him in tier 2)
He would be my last choice of the 5 but I'd prefer him to any of the RB's, Cooks, Green, Julio/other top 10-12 players.