Jarvis Landry... is this real

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
captain caveman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Jarvis Landry... is this real

Postby captain caveman » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:14 am

joeday wrote:
captain caveman wrote:Nothing wrong with having a conflicting opinions about a player in a public forum. No one has to come to a mutual agreement. Just about ever other player gets blasted on here from time to time.
oh difference of opinion is totally cool, believe me I play devils advocate more often than not, but suggesting that Landry being on the field is holding the Dolphins offense back is a little silly.
Agreed. Tannehill is the one holding the Dolphins back.....not Landry. Although I have to defend him (god forbid) that he has a new HC but he is getting paid an absorbent amount of money and it is time to be worth that investment.
12-team ppr qb super-flex/1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex

Brees/Dalton/Hoyer/Shimonek/Kessler
Hilton/Baldwin/Sanders/Garcon/Funchess/Gordon/Gallup
Gordon/Coleman/Crowell/Perine/Prosise/Ballage/Ekeler/Vereen/Artis-Payne/Marshall
Engram/Ebron/Wilson

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:28 am

I love Landry, a true PPR Beastie.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Fortunately street cred doesn't help win fantasy games. And as it turns out being "clutch" apparently doesn't win NFL games. I might be wrong and I'll be happy to swing back in and take my lumps, but let's look at some real data, not the precious combine data.

Landry target share in 2014 - 19%, Dolphins 8-8 (50% win)
Landry target share in 2015 - 28%, Dolphins 6-10 (38% win)
Landry target share in 2016 - 33%, Dolphins 1-3 (25% win)

And of the 56 players who have finished as a top 12 WR in PPR since 2006. Landry has the lowest career yards per reception. The only players who sniff his low average are Welker and Housh. This is a very situation dependent WR and to think the team will want the status quo to continue ... seems unlikely.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:34 pm

ccj wrote:Fortunately street cred doesn't help win fantasy games. And as it turns out being "clutch" apparently doesn't win NFL games. I might be wrong and I'll be happy to swing back in and take my lumps, but let's look at some real data, not the precious combine data.

And of the 56 players who have finished as a top 12 WR in PPR since 2006. Landry has the lowest career yards per reception. The only players who sniff his low average are Welker and Housh. This is a very situation dependent WR and to think the team will want the status quo to continue ... seems unlikely.
His volume is very situational, but the catch is that Tannehill is the PERFECT QB for his situation to continue for a long time. As long as he's the QB of the Dolphins, he will look for Landry on those quick routes, especially when they need to move the ball in a hurry.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:57 pm

...wait, so is it being implied that the poor record of the Dolphins is tied directly to Jarvis Landry?

That's a pretty foolish things to say.

What about a guy like Calvin Johnson and the Lions?

The reason the Dolphins aren't winning is not Jarvis Landry - it's the Dolphins. They are an awful team.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:58 pm

ccj wrote:Fortunately street cred doesn't help win fantasy games. And as it turns out being "clutch" apparently doesn't win NFL games. I might be wrong and I'll be happy to swing back in and take my lumps, but let's look at some real data, not the precious combine data.

Their defense and the chaos in their offensive line might have had a bit to do with that.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Good stats. Poor conclusions.