OBJ #1 fantasy asset in FF?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Re: OBJ #1 fantasy asset in FF?

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:25 am

Phaded wrote:...when was the last time AB was suspended one game due to a player safety issue because he charged a guy after the whistle?

The comparison to AB is just stupid. It's not about the number of penalties/fines; it's about the nature of them.
One time. Last Year. Get over it, they were both going at each other
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:32 am

Giants wrote:
Phaded wrote:...when was the last time AB was suspended one game due to a player safety issue because he charged a guy after the whistle?

The comparison to AB is just stupid. It's not about the number of penalties/fines; it's about the nature of them.
I would ask you if you think the comparison to AB is logical or that AB is a bigger head case - but I have high doubts you could provide an unbiased response.

Just wait until things go bad again; he will inevitably throw another fit.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:38 am

Seems like we need to find fatal flaws with every player, usually to justify a lower value for someone we don't have. Do you think OBJ would be who he is without his insane competitive nature? I don't. Does that make criticism of him unfair? Probably not, but if the question is whether or not he's elite because of his perceived character problems that's ludicrous. AB has bad games without Big Ben and to some extent without Martavis. Julio is dinged up 1/3 of the time and has a few stinkers when he's healthy. OBJ's attitude is probably a real strike against him, but he's debatably the best football player on the field every game he plays.

What this discussion shows us is that there's fair reason to have guys ranked differently at the top. For me the talent and age of OBJ makes him the clear number 1, but you could make a case for others. What you probably can't do is push OBJ or Julio or AB out of the elite tier for any one reason because they're a cut above the rest.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:52 am

His unsportsmanlike conduct after that big catch and run could have gone very badly for the giants. Instead of holding off on celebrating when the team actually won the game, OBJ chose to celebrate when he pulled off a pretty awesome play--at the risk of losing the game. He's still the #1 asset, but he's extremely self-centered. His talent usually outweighs his "personality concerns", but it's still pretty clear he needs to grow up.

cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cp3 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:57 am

So penalties for twerking and humping a goal post are ok, but a penalty for taking off a helmet or shoving a guy are not ok? Just trying to get a sense what determines a head case on your scale.

I don't think either player is anywhere close to head case, for what it's worth. I just think the narrative that's out there that guys like OBJ, Dez, etc. are head cases is overstated and just plain not accurate. Every week we see guys shove other players, yell at teammates, and get unsportsmanlike penalties. Gronk and Vontaze Burfict got into it this week with some pushing and shoving. Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor barked at each other. All head cases?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:12 am

cp3 wrote:

So penalties for twerking and humping a goal post are ok, but a penalty for taking off a helmet or shoving a guy are not ok? Just trying to get a sense what determines a head case on your scale.
I think you are not looking at the whole situation when you are looking at "just the penalties".

OBJ is a guy that when things are going poorly, he does not behave like a mentally stable person. Teammates try to come up to him and he brushes them off. The whole kicking net thing which he is trying to make light of every time he scores a touchdown now. Repeatedly smashing his head into objects. It reminds me of my nephew when he throws a temper tantrum. This is not how a grown man should behave. There's a big difference when it comes to celebrating; but when you pull something like that on the sideline something is wrong with you.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:52 am

I feel like this is Dez Bryant all over again ... except for the lack of off-field violence ... and the fact that Dez Bryant's career season was 19.8 points per game in PPR at age 26, while Beckham's career average is 22.0 PPG, and he turns 24 in November.

But other than that, Dez Bryant all over again.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:00 am

dlf_jules wrote:I feel like this is Dez Bryant all over again ... except for the lack of off-field violence ... and the fact that Dez Bryant's career season was 19.8 points per game in PPR at age 26, while Beckham's career average is 22.0 PPG, and he turns 24 in November.

:lol:

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 am

Phaded wrote:
Giants wrote:

I would ask you if you think the comparison to AB is logical or that AB is a bigger head case - but I have high doubts you could provide an unbiased response.

Just wait until things go bad again; he will inevitably throw another fit.
I don't think either should be worried about but if you talk about one then the other isn't far behind. But i don't see a big deal/problem with either. Odell is over passionate yeah but i don't have much a problem with that if he goes out and puts up 222 years 2 TDs and one being a game winning 66 yarder on 4th down. And i'm playing him in my league this week...
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Valhalla wrote:
dlf_jules wrote:I feel like this is Dez Bryant all over again ... except for the lack of off-field violence ... and the fact that Dez Bryant's career season was 19.8 points per game in PPR at age 26, while Beckham's career average is 22.0 PPG, and he turns 24 in November.

:lol:
X2

Much ado about nothing...
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:27 am

He is awful again!

/sarcasm

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:30 am

Phaded wrote:He is awful again!

/sarcasm
lol. I am pretty happy I benched him though after reading reports he was hobbling around on the sideline before the game.